The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 16, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

A Lot of posters claimed he could be a 40 goal scorer.....

no im not disappointed in Brock but those three players I listed play with speed and have about the same amount of raw skill. Different degree of skill in different areas in their game. 

All three are like Brock top six wingers. 

Which would probably put up around the same amount of points , if they played here in Van. 

Worry, especially about a close family member, can take one’s energy away.  I’m wondering if Bess is still recovering from the trauma of watching his dad going through such a serious medical problem?  His legs might not be fully there.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Worry, especially about a close family member, can take one’s energy away.  I’m wondering if Bess is still recovering from the trauma of watching his dad going through such a serious medical problem?  His legs might not be fully there.  

Yea that could be part of it for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

:picard:

I think most people still think he could be a 40 goal scorer. I know I do. 

Brock Boeser is only 22 years old. Think about it for a second. 

Lets have this discussion in 4 or 5 years, when he enters his prime, and we all know actually what kind of player he is.. 

Only way he reaches 40 goals is if he hires a good skating coach.....

7 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Well, Boeser has a higher ceiling than Forsberg at this point, Halls been traded twice so he can't be that amazing, and Benning laughed at Zucker for Boeser before Minnies GM got fired.

I know I have the talent of coming across too crass. I don't think you unintelligent or anything. I just don't like this Boeser is the new whipping boy narrative.

I agree Brock has a high ceiling but I'm not sold on him long term unless before his next contract he finds another gear skating wise. 

Dont worry your not the only one , my word choice gets me into trouble all the time on here lol 

I don't mean to sound like I'm making him the whipping boy but I'm not going to blow smoke up his rear either....

i like brock before he showed his hustle and how much his game has grew , I would have traded him for Mantha , don't get me wrong I still like the idea of trading him but his quieted me down a lot.....

i bashed Brock a lot worse before he signed his contract and showed how much he has improved. 

10 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Man, I'm not going to relent haha.

Boeser isn't being traded for any other winger. Boeser is wanted by every other team in the NHL. He's on a super friendly contract, and scoring at an 80 point pace. Did he sleep with your girl?

What

The

Hell

Do

You

Want

From

Him?

I want him to skate faster and become the perfect player....to much to ask?

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Out with Green; in with a Gallant (ex) Knight? 

no, I'm not on the Green hate train, I just wish he'd stick with whats working when its working a little more. But I also wouldn't care if Benning did want to make a change like that if it put us over the top to get into the playoffs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I disagree. I think Tanev has a really great first 3 steps. He doesn't have the top speed but his first few steps are really strong and quick

fair enough. I just feel like he's a little less mobile, but  suppose that could also be the way he needs to play with Hughes. I like Chris, solid human and he's given a ton to the team. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

fair enough. I just feel like he's a little less mobile, but  suppose that could also be the way he needs to play with Hughes. I like Chris, solid human and he's given a ton to the team. 

I kind of think Hughes is such a brilliant player he will make any partner much better.  We are in a serious playoff race, so I don’t expect JB will take any player out of our room.  

28 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

It wasn't me that started this lol don't get me wrong I stir the pot enough but I came to GDT and this was going on before me lol

also I see you added some more... 

Can you honestly tell me Brock is the perfect player and another legit top six winger couldn't replace him?

oh come on just saw a stat and Boeser out of active American players he is in the conversation with Patrick Cane , Mathews. Eichel, J. Gaudreau. Boeser is 5th ,min 100 games played  and points per game!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I kind of think Hughes is such a brilliant player he will make any partner much better.  We are in a serious playoff race, so I don’t expect JB will take any player out of our room.  

I'd sure like that TO 2020 2nd rounder tho... two 2nd round picks would sure blunt the sting of losing our 1st. Might even pay off better in the long run. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd sure like that TO 2020 2nd rounder tho... two 2nd round picks would sure blunt the sting of losing our 1st. Might even pay off better in the long run. 

Taking Tanev out of the room might mean that first gets pushed to 2021.  Hes an important piece.

• Upvote 1

I am a big believer in moving veterans out for prospects and draft pics. I think teams should be continually evolving. But not Brock Boeser. At least for a few years. 

Sutter? Yes! 

Moving Sutter is partly to do with cap space.

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

“Coaches don’t win games; they lose them.”

IMO, we are winning in spite of Green, because we have elite players (Petey, Hughes, Bo, Marky) who are difference makers.

I guess some posters are confused by my post.  I’ll try to make it even more simple.  We are better than our record indicates.  I’d like JB to fire Green, and hire Gallant.

Is this still confusing, or are you using the confused emoji as a down vote, because you’re too friggin’ lazy to write an alternate opinion?  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laheys Liquor said:

There is nothing wrong with Brock. Feels like some of yall forget how young he is lol. He could and probably will become a better and more rounded player in his prime. 
Complaining about a young PPG RW.. seriously?? 
I can name 30 other NHL teams that wish they had this guy.

Wish I could up vote this multiple times over 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I guess some posters are confused by my post.  I’ll try to make it even more simple.  We are better than our record indicates.  I’d like JB to fire Green, and hire Gallant.

Is this still confusing, or are you using the confused emoji as a down vote, because you’re too friggin’ lazy to write an alternate opinion?  

I disagree wholeheartedly, so much so that I can't even type fast enough to properly convey my outright frustration with the overall premise of this post.  Green is a player's coach and he's been terrific in regards to developing the core.  Gallant is the polar opposite and has been unceremoniously canned on two straight teams that had a higher overall talent pool.  If this team misses the playoffs, and I will bet this account they won't, it's Benning that should get fired.  B)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

I disagree wholeheartedly, so much so that I can't even type fast enough to properly convey my outright frustration with the overall premise of this post.  Green is a player's coach and he's been terrific in regards to developing the core.  Gallant is the polar opposite and has been unceremoniously canned on two straight teams that had a higher overall talent pool.  If this team misses the playoffs, and I will bet this account they won't, it's Benning that should get fired.  B)

Fire the whole lot of ‘em.  Our team is a Vup winner!