The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Woman faces deportation 18 years after arriving to Canada as a child

Ryan Strome

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Interesting because Mexicans do thus in the US and aren't you one of the ones so angry at the thought of them going home? I guess the government of the day factors into your decision?

Deported to France.

She just won the lottery.  I would settle in Nice as  that area is amazing....   Spent a few weeks there a couple of summers ago.....  fantastic city. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

That's because after you see the photo you realize marriage is the path to citizenship

Yeah...just gotta figure out a way to get that idea past the current wife....

...and then there's the tricky bit of convincing her that a guy turning 59 in a couple of weeks is a catch....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah...just gotta figure out a way to get that idea past the current wife....

...and then there's the tricky bit of convincing her that a guy turning 59 in a couple of weeks is a catch....

tell her you're taller when you stand on your wallet 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

unfortunately it needs to be a difficult path for her to stay, if at all,  otherwise people could use crappy consultants as a reason to stay. 

It seems like the government officials have a playbook, and they follow it to a tee.  The problem is they are dealing with people.  Each person needs to be respected for being an individual, and have their individual cases considered independently.  When people are 12.2 they know very little.  Then when they get older they might be afraid of getting in trouble.  We are wasting money following this playbook.  Investigate her, and her friends.  If she’s a good person, then give her what she needs to stay.  

Edited by Alflives

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It seems like the government officials have a playbook, and they follow it to a tee.  The problem is they are dealing with people.  Each person needs to be respected for being an individual, and have their individual cases considered independently.  When people are 122 they know very little.  

122 seems like an age when people should know how things work ... kinda hard to claim naive when you 122 yrs old Alf.   I know compared to you that may seem like a young age though.....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It seems like the government officials have a playbook, and they follow it to a tee.  The problem is they are dealing with people.  Each person needs to be respected for being an individual, and have their individual cases considered independently.  When people are 122 they know very little.  Then when they get older they might be afraid of getting in trouble.  We are wasting money following this playbook.  Investigate her, and her friends.  If she’s a good person, then give her what she needs to stay.  

I know, the real solution is to outlaw "immigration consultants" or at least regulate the sob's. 

I've had some experience dealing with SR&ED tax credits, which is full of slimy so-caled consultants that cause companies no end of grief with CRA. But there's nothing the government can do if you picked one of these types of people, the system has to be fair for everyone. Its sad but there may be no other solution. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

122 seems like an age when people should know how things work ... kinda hard to claim naive when you 122 yrs old Alf.   I know compared to you that may seem like a young age though.....

I forgot the decimal.  :towel:

• Haha 1