The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Woman faces deportation 18 years after arriving to Canada as a child

Ryan Strome

5 hours ago, butters said:

anyone who says they know what they would do in a situation that is utterly alien to them is ignorant. Kinda the way that there's lots of people who are tough guys until they get into a fight. You have no idea how different things would be for you if you were taken to another country as a child. You have no clue what you would have done then or now. To say otherwise is ignorant.

Its also ignorant tho say she didn't look into it when she did. Multiple times. And this most recent time is the thing that triggered her deportation. I'm not telling you this to try and change your mind, just to show you how utterly ignorant you are about everything in this case.

She tried to apply for college.  Was turned down.  Due to her not being a citizen and not having a SIN number.  She then went on to say she tried various avenues then decided to start a business.

At what point in time does it not register that maybe just MAYBE she should have just applied.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but then I'm not the person facing deportation for ignoring every single red flag regarding citizenship in this instance even after trying numerous times to apply for government programs

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

18 years later she still hadn't filed for citizenship or immigrant status?  Sorry lady, rules are rules. 

Ya I know this will turn in to a "they can walk across the border" argument if it hasn't already (yay ignore button) but the fact is, she could have at any time in 2 decades simply filed the paperwork.

She'll get to stay, that's almost inarguable at this point but you don't get to pick and choose who the rules apply to in an argument.  She could have filed.  She didn't.  Now she has to deal with the paperwork

That took longer than I thought, but still wasn't disappointed

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

She tried to apply for college.  Was turned down.  Due to her not being a citizen and not having a SIN number.  She then went on to say she tried various avenues then decided to start a business.

At what point in time does it not register that maybe just MAYBE she should have just applied.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but then I'm not the person facing deportation for ignoring every single red flag regarding citizenship in this instance even after trying numerous times to apply for government programs

How come the Mexicans in the United States don't? But in the United States thread you support them and say they should be allowed to stay. Why is that why the discrepancy hip?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

That took longer than I thought, but still wasn't disappointed

No it was mentioned on the first page and you don't have me blocked because you were responding to me yesterday I know you like to look cool but that's pretty hard for you so maybe you should stop

@Warhippy your hypocrisy will almost make you look just as silly as you're posting about fuel gouging you were made to look ridiculous in that thread and it will happen again the further you go on here because I will simply jump in the United States thread where you claim Mexicans should be allowed to stay because they've been there their whole lives but they knew better. The issue with you is any time a person is white you have a big problem with it

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

How come the Mexicans in the United States don't? But in the United States thread you support them and say they should be allowed to stay. Why is that why the discrepancy hip?

Sorry, do I support them?  or do I support the argument that they pay their fair share and work harder than most?  Pay attention to the argument not the buzz words.

While I agree she's paid her dues, she's absolutely run afoul of basic citizenship laws and I do not support illegal immigration at any point.  Nor do I support investor immigrant status.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No it was mentioned on the first page and you don't have me blocked because you were responding to me yesterday I know you like to look cool but that's pretty hard for you so maybe you should stop

I blocked you almost 19 months ago because you keep repeating yourself over and over and over again, then when you're backed in to a corner you seize on whatever nugget you can to try to throw a red herring on top of a straw man as a defense or obfuscation.

See the WEXIT threads last 15 pages for verification

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Warhippy your hypocrisy will almost make you look just as silly as you're posting about fuel gouging you were made to look ridiculous in that thread and it will happen again the further you go on here because I will simply jump in the United States thread where you claim Mexicans should be allowed to stay because they've been there their whole lives but they knew better. The issue with you is any time a person is white you have a big problem with it

Wait no, never mind here we go.

if you go back to the WEXIT thread, I stated very clearly that you'll trot this exact scenario out at every opportunity.  You never do disappoint me :)

Jump back in to the US thread and go ahead.  The US has DACA laws.  canada does not.  Again, follow the argument not the buzz words.  I do not support illegal immigration.  She's been in canada for 18 years and did not apply.  You yourself in a few other threads of this EXACT nature said it's the rules.

Amusing really 

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

France is an over run, high taxed hell hole.

Nope. If i could live anywhere in the world .... i would choose france.    No question.   Sister in law lives downtown Paris right next door to Jardin de Luxembourg.....   Lends her apartment from time to time.  WOW....

Edited by kingofsurrey

it's not about where she is from also, wether its a developed country or not, she has laws to follow as a non Canadian Born and they have to abide by the rules.

my sister had a friend who was a student in  Canada, and shes from japan.  She missed some sort of application and overstayed herself.  Governement found out and she was not allowed re entry.

it's nothing out of the norm here, and it's not like we didn't allow her to stay.  she was asked to do something and she didn't do it.

i'm glad our government is abiding by their own rules.  France is not bad anyways who the &^@# wants to stay in $&!# hole toronto.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry, do I support them?  or do I support the argument that they pay their fair share and work harder than most?  Pay attention to the argument not the buzz words.

While I agree she's paid her dues, she's absolutely run afoul of basic citizenship laws and I do not support illegal immigration at any point.  Nor do I support investor immigrant status.

So you're a hypocrite. 

29 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I blocked you almost 19 months ago because you keep repeating yourself over and over and over again, then when you're backed in to a corner you seize on whatever nugget you can to try to throw a red herring on top of a straw man as a defense or obfuscation.

See the WEXIT threads last 15 pages for verification

No you didn't.  Haha backed into a corner...where is the fuel receipt you promised? A lying hypocrite...I'm not surprised. 

27 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Wait no, never mind here we go.

if you go back to the WEXIT thread, I stated very clearly that you'll trot this exact scenario out at every opportunity.  You never do disappoint me :)

Jump back in to the US thread and go ahead.  The US has DACA laws.  canada does not.  Again, follow the argument not the buzz words.  I do not support illegal immigration.  She's been in canada for 18 years and did not apply.  You yourself in a few other threads of this EXACT nature said it's the rules.

Amusing really 

Same answer...total hypocrite!! You're sad, really sad.

Their laws are irrelevant it your personal opinion and what you said. Why the difference for this individual? Crawl back into the hypocrite corner they miss their leader.

19 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Nope. If i could live anywhere in the world .... i would choose france.    No question.   Sister in law lives downtown Paris right next door to Jardin de Luxembourg.....   Lends her apartment from time to time.  WOW....

What do you mean no? It is high taxed and over run you may still like it but what I said isn't wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

What do you mean no? It is high taxed and over run you may still like it but what I said isn't wrong. 

What is wrong with paying a taxes ? I love to pay taxes and live in a country that offers quality services to its citizens.......

I love living in a country with some kind of a safety net for those less forunate citizens .

When my neighbour  ( and his kids ) is fed / educated  and safely affordably  housed.... its makes my community stronger and more safe for all of us.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

What is wrong with paying a taxes ? I love to pay taxes and live in a country that offers quality services to its citizens.......

I love living in a country with some kind of a safety net for those less forunate citizens .

When my neighbour  ( and his kids ) is fed / educated  and safely affordably  housed.... its makes my community stronger and more safe for all of us.

well clearly you know nothing about France thank you very much for making my point