The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Woman faces deportation 18 years after arriving to Canada as a child

Ryan Strome

11 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

But if she went down to the United States and illegally walked across the border she would be welcomed with open arms and could stay

is that old chestnut still hanging around? 

its unfortunate that people thought that was the case, the government actually sent people to the US and places like Haiti to try to stop the spread of misinformation. Maybe you need to focus on outreach to the smugglers that are lying to these people, my guess is they aren't Trudeau supporters. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its unfortunate that people thought that was the case, the government actually sent people to the US and places like Haiti to try to stop the spread of misinformation. Maybe you need to focus on outreach to the smugglers that are lying to these people, my guess is they aren't Trudeau supporters. 

Who was the guy that left to kill Canadian soldiers, came back, and JT gave 14 million dollars to?  Why don’t we hang his ass, and have this (actually) good person take his spot?  Or what about the Manitoba head chomping cannibal?  Or what about the perverts that hurt children?  How about we start executing those murdering bastards, and keeping the good people?  

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who was the guy that left to kill Canadian soldiers, came back, and JT gave 14 million dollars to?  Why don’t we hang his ass, and have this (actually) good person take his spot?  Or what about the Manitoba head chomping cannibal?  Or what about the perverts that hurt children?  How about we start executing those murdering bastards, and keeping the good people?  

why don't we use all that money to cure cancer instead? 

10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

well clearly you know nothing about France thank you very much for making my point

Well my sister in law lives there  and i visit / stay there regularly.... and you have never been there.   Thanks for making my point. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not sure what you are saying an attempt to defend the Liberals but it very much is true to the tune of thousands of people illegally crossing the border from the US

15 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Well my sister in law lives there  and i visit / stay there regularly.... and you have never been there.   Thanks for making my point. 

Do they have high taxes?

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why don't we use all that money to cure cancer instead? 

That’s a different rant for me.  

Do big pharmaceutical companies want cancers to be cured?  

This lady should be in and a whole bunch of bad people should be worms’ meat. 

43 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm not sure what you are saying an attempt to defend the Liberals but it very much is true to the tune of thousands of people illegally crossing the border from the US

its not an attempt to defend the Lib's, I'm pointing out that the BS around this is coming from other sources. People are being told through various means that crossing the border outside of a regular crossing gets them a better chance of staying, but its just not the case. They've actually set up pop-up border stations at the most popular crossings so people can get processed properly. Its a little ridiculous, and also scary because some people are risking their lives for no reason.

You want to make this into something that it isn't, weak on borders, etc. narrative but its not anything like you guys want to make it out to be. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s a different rant for me.  

Do big pharmaceutical companies want cancers to be cured?  

This lady should be in and a whole bunch of bad people should be worms’ meat. 

I get where you're coming from philosophically. If you can figure out how to connect the real dots in the system for that outcome I'd like to hear it. 

56 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Do they have high taxes?

Yes, of course.  France also has amazing services for their citizens.   Such a great place to live.... food , weather and wine..  France has it all figured out. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its not an attempt to defend the Lib's, I'm pointing out that the BS around this is coming from other sources. People are being told through various means that crossing the border outside of a regular crossing gets them a better chance of staying, but its just not the case. They've actually set up pop-up border stations at the most popular crossings so people can get processed properly. Its a little ridiculous, and also scary because some people are risking their lives for no reason.

You want to make this into something that it isn't, weak on borders, etc. narrative but its not anything like you guys want to make it out to be. 

If she went down to the United States and walked across the border she would also be fed and given a place to stay no I don't think she needs those things however she would get to stay longer in Canada so I imagine she will go that route

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Amazing services LOL okay

Well  pretty much free university and free schooling for kids  starting as low as aged 2 sounds pretty good to me. 

LOL . OK.     

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

You really need to get out of Alberta once in your lifetime and see some of the world...    I guess Albertans don't like great free healthcare either...

LOL....

In its 2000 assessment of world health care systems, the World Health Organization found that France provided the "best overall health care" in the world

image.png.c10820f89ea59ec497ff03753860825d.pngen.wikipedia.org › wiki › Health_care_in_France

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

If she went down to the United States and walked across the border she would also be fed and given a place to stay no I don't think she needs those things however she would get to stay longer in Canada so I imagine she will go that route

what the heck are you talking about? her status wouldn't change one bit. 

the people who believe that crossing the border at irregular places have been lied to by traffickers and also rumours among their own. You are handled exactly the same as if you stepped off a plane at YVR and asked for refugee status. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I guess i am a teacher today for RS

France spends more money on social welfare than any other European country, a new study has revealed and when it comes to poverty rates it's better off than the than the UK and other EU countries.

"France is the champion of Europe, and probably of the world, when it comes to social welfare," said Drees France's national research and statistics agency in a report published on Thursday.

France is just ahead of Denmark and Finland in terms of its spending on social welfare

Wow just read threw this thread just wow.....

okay they did the right thing and reported her......what's the problem?

boarder control is more stricted then you think or atleast on college students from what I've seen , also she wasn't born here, this is why some countries I know the USA, they won't let you in close to your birth date cause if your born there your classified as a American. 

Now France vs T.O.....wtf lmfao I think one is comparing how beautiful and nice it is and the other is talking about politics :picard:

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the people who believe that crossing the border at irregular places have been lied to by traffickers and also rumours among their own. You are handled exactly the same as if you stepped off a plane at YVR and asked for refugee status. 

If the get caught....I worked with three guys from Texas and the ranch was in grassmere b.c ....

they stayed in the bunk house and last I heard they are still there but they got married to some Canadian girls but they rode threw the mountains and it was awesome I we went back and forth that way acouple times. 

They also paid next to nothing or nothing in taxes and when they ask their wives to marry them after they said yes the boys rode back to the state side and got the girls to drive down and pick them up and then the hey started the paper work lol 

So yea coming over that way is still better. 

Oh that took place in 2010 but last time we rode across two years ago lol

Edited by RowdyCanuck

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

If the get caught....I worked with three guys from Texas and the ranch was in grassmere b.c ....

they stayed in the bunk house and last I heard they are still there but they got married to some Canadian girls but they rode threw the mountains and it was awesome I we went back and forth that way acouple times. 

They also paid next to nothing or nothing in taxes and when they ask their wives to marry them after they said yes the boys rode back to the state side and got the girls to drive down and pick them up and then the hey started the paper work lol 

So yea coming over that way is still better. 

Oh that took place in 2010 but last time we rode across two years ago lol

They must have been crossing east of Yahk. The border is flown regularly by USA choppers. Always wanted to take that Moyie to Wardner trail. 

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

You really need to get out of Alberta once in your lifetime and see some of the world...    I guess Albertans don't like great free healthcare either...

LOL....

In its 2000 assessment of world health care systems, the World Health Organization found that France provided the "best overall health care" in the world

image.png.c10820f89ea59ec497ff03753860825d.pngen.wikipedia.org › wiki › Health_care_in_France

Did you quote a 20 year old study?

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The US is a dangerous nation. Remember JT tweeted out everyone from the US is welcome. 

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I guess i am a teacher today for RS

France spends more money on social welfare than any other European country, a new study has revealed and when it comes to poverty rates it's better off than the than the UK and other EU countries.

"France is the champion of Europe, and probably of the world, when it comes to social welfare," said Drees France's national research and statistics agency in a report published on Thursday.

France is just ahead of Denmark and Finland in terms of its spending on social welfare

Lol I'm not a fan of social welfare.