The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Nucks-Habs

9 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Nucks trades - Marky + Sutter + Myers +  brisebois + Madden + 2nd rd pick 

Habs trades - Weber  + Price and 25-40% salary retained + Kovalchuck

add one more piece before deadline and then have some fun in the playoffs:) 

Why are you trying to destroy our depth and guarantee that we spend YEARS more at the bottom of the league?

• Like 2

If Montreal was willing to retain on either player they could do better than that. Marky's a pending ufa, Sutter's a cap dump, Myers is okay and the other two are potential at this point. Kovalchuk also holds value given his cap hit, not sure why they'd throw him in. 

Particularly with Weber, they could easily find a home for him if they retained cap. 

Edited by Coconuts

You expect Montreal to retain upwards of $4.2m a season for 6 years?  That means if they sign Markstrom to a $5.5m contract, which is reasonable, they still have the equivalent of $9.7m of cap space and salary tied up in their starting goaltender.  I don’t see why they’d consider this.

And don’t even get me started on Weber. He’s worth his contract, he’s their Captain. He’s still a top D in the league. this trade crippled Montreal and they get very little of value in return. 

Markstrom is a pending UFA 

Sutter is an injury prone overpaid 3C. (Montreal is suddenly very deep at center and have no need for Sutter)

Myers is an overpaid middle pairing rhd. (They’re better off keeping Weber at $7.6m over Meyers at $6m)

Brisbois is a project D

Madden is good C prospect. But as I mentioned Montreal is deep at C now

the 2nd is likely mid round   

Montreal is fine on cap space and Bergevin has gone out of the way to say he won’t even listen to offers on Price and Weber. 

• Cheers 3

Big no to this ridiculous trade.

Weber 34, 7.6 million x 6 more yes big big no

Price  even taking half salary he is no better then Markstrom and Price is signed for 8 more years...Big no

Markstrom top 12 NHL goalie right now..Will sign 5.5 million x 5 yrs with trade clause for expansion year..

Need to keep 2nd round pick and Brisebois future # 4 D man

Madden future top 8 forward.

Meyers solid D man for us and teach younger prospect

Sutter i am okay with trading but don't think you will get much in return as he is always hurt... Maybe 4th Rd pick

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

You expect Montreal to retain upwards of $4.2m a season for 6 years?  That means if they sign Markstrom to a $5.5m contract, which is reasonable, they still have the equivalent of $9.7m of cap space and salary tied up in their starting goaltender.  I don’t see why they’d consider this.

And don’t even get me started on Weber. He’s worth his contract, he’s their Captain. He’s still a top D in the league. this trade crippled Montreal and they get very little of value in return. 

Markstrom is a pending UFA 

Sutter is an injury prone overpaid 3C. (Montreal is suddenly very deep at center and have no need for Sutter)

Myers is an overpaid middle pairing rhd. (They’re better off keeping Weber at $7.6m over Meyers at $6m)

Brisbois is a project D

Madden is good C prospect. But as I mentioned Montreal is deep at C now

the 2nd is likely mid round   

Montreal is fine on cap space and Bergevin has gone out of the way to say he won’t even listen to offers on Price and Weber. 

you covered extremely well my thoughts on this

weber at a similar contract is way better value then meyers

price with retention makes no sense for marky

why the hell would mtl do this trade ?

the rest is window dressing

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I can understand their need to come here.  If you’ve been to Montreal their bridges are crumbling, so it’s just not safe for the Trolls to stay there.  

true dat. Great food tho. 

But Bergevin can go pound sand. Lets not forget he whined about Benning and cost him 50k for no good reason. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

true dat. Great food tho. 

But Bergevin can go pound sand. Lets not forget he whined about Benning and cost him 50k for no good reason. 

I think about the Habs roster and prospects, and don’t think I’d want anything from them.  Their good guys are older and overpaid, and I don’t like their prospects that much.  I’d rather they sent us some smoked meats, poutine, and beaver tale.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think about the Habs roster and prospects, and don’t think I’d want anything from them.  Their good guys are older and overpaid, and I don’t like their prospects that much.  I’d rather they sent us some smoked meats, poutine, and beaver tale.

Montreal has one of the better prospect pools in the league right now.  But I wouldn’t expect you to know that.  

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal has one of the better prospect pools in the league right now.  But I wouldn’t expect you to know that.  

Of course not.  I’m a CANUCK’S FAN AND THIS IS A FRIGGIN’ CANUCK’S BOARD.  Go to the bloody Hab’s board if you’re their fan, and tell those fans how great your prospects are.  

Oh, I forgot.  The bridges in Montreal are not safe to live under.  Stupid me. :picard:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Of course not.  I’m a CANUCK’S FAN AND THIS IS A FRIGGIN’ CANUCK’S BOARD.  Go to the bloody Hab’s board if you’re their fan, and tell those fans how great your prospects are.  

Oh, I forgot.  The bridges in Montreal are not safe to live under.  Stupid me. :picard:

Did you just call me a troll? Also. I live in BC.