The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sharks @ Nucks - Jan 18 2020 - 7pm - HNIC

Rate this topic

xereau

Quinn Hughes comparable?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, xereau said:

In the wisest of wise words by the immortal Stompin Tom:

To dominate at the NHL level, you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when you skate away, know when to run n gun.

Hide contents

No he didn't.

Mix it up, changing pace is what matters.  You can lull a team for half a period, to take some time to recover from your previous push.You pace them down, and then send out your explosive guys. Full game strategy involves energy conservation as much as it does putting the pedal to the metal. Also, its a grinding season at 82 games, you get duds because guys simply cant go insanely hard all the time, they are just meat bags like you and me. Their bodies get beat down, badly.

Agree, it's so rare to see this opinion on this board. Very refreshing... 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Is OJ the right fit for Hughes partner? 

I think these two can complement and grow with each other.  Imagine, having potentially a Lidstrom (OJ according to JB) and a Coffey (according to the poll) in a Canuck uniform !?

Edited by ShawnAntoski

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yah I actually looked that up earlier this evening by checking the schedule.  Only the Knights have a game in our division until the all star break.  Also if Laffs lose tonight and Panthers and Jackets win before the break Toronto will come back not in a playoff spot