The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sharks @ Nucks - Jan 18 2020 - 7pm - HNIC

Rate this topic

xereau

Quinn Hughes comparable?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

What's for dinner peeps?  

I made my version of Dan Dan noodles with everything home made (but the noodles).  

Bought pork belly and chopped it to ground, then sauteed it in toasted  Chinese red chilies that toast nice and smoky like. Added 2 habenero and a Thai bird's eye for heat, plus a 1/4 cup of my hot chili oil*.  

*Prior to the above, I blended a double handfull of mildly smoky Chinese red chili and a 1/4 cup of Sichuan peppercorns and set it aside. 3/5 of a cup of Canola oil was brought to temp with some cinnamon, star anise, ginger, garlic, and halved dried chili.  

Once simmered for a bit I poured that hot oil bastard over a load of home-powdered dried hot peppers and Sichuan peppers. They sizzle and chill. Set aside.  

Meanwhile, my pork belly is caramelizing nicely with some extra toasted chilies, and when it has a brown sugar-like appearance I hit it with some Chinese cooking wine that I'll be &^@#ed if I know the ingredients of, but it'a delicious, and in addition to that some hoisin and a touch of simmering noodle water to bring it together. Once somewhat cooled from piping hot I gently toss in more habanero and Thai chili, mostly habanero though cause I like the complimentary fruitiness to the Sichuan pepper, as well as a pile of fresh cilantro and mint cause, &^@# off, I like fresh herbs.

In the bottom of my bowl I put a ladle of sauce that is composed of:  

Water, garlic, ginger, palm sugar, fish sauce, star anise, peanut butter, chili oil made in the previous step, and some pork fat skimmed out of the pan.  

The whole deal took about 1/2 a bottle of whiskey to make, and it turned out pretty decent. Adjustments will be made for next time.

Nothin too fancy

scalloped potatoes

bbq,d chicken

broccoli slaw

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

Reddit is dead!

I was kind of freaked out by that at first too, but Sportsurge is there in its place.  In fact, so far, I like it better.  Go Canucks Go!

Edited by nux_win
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

What's for dinner peeps?  

I made my version of Dan Dan noodles with everything home made (but the noodles).  

Bought pork belly and chopped it to ground, then sauteed it in toasted  Chinese red chilies that toast nice and smoky like. Added 2 habenero and a Thai bird's eye for heat, plus a 1/4 cup of my hot chili oil*.  

*Prior to the above, I blended a double handfull of mildly smoky Chinese red chili and a 1/4 cup of Sichuan peppercorns and set it aside. 3/5 of a cup of Canola oil was brought to temp with some cinnamon, star anise, ginger, garlic, and halved dried chili.  

Once simmered for a bit I poured that hot oil bastard over a load of home-powdered dried hot peppers and Sichuan peppers. They sizzle and chill. Set aside.  

Meanwhile, my pork belly is caramelizing nicely with some extra toasted chilies, and when it has a brown sugar-like appearance I hit it with some Chinese cooking wine that I'll be &^@#ed if I know the ingredients of, but it'a delicious, and in addition to that some hoisin and a touch of simmering noodle water to bring it together. Once somewhat cooled from piping hot I gently toss in more habanero and Thai chili, mostly habanero though cause I like the complimentary fruitiness to the Sichuan pepper, as well as a pile of fresh cilantro and mint cause, &^@# off, I like fresh herbs.

In the bottom of my bowl I put a ladle of sauce that is composed of:  

Water, garlic, ginger, palm sugar, fish sauce, star anise, peanut butter, chili oil made in the previous step, and some pork fat skimmed out of the pan.  

The whole deal took about 1/2 a bottle of whiskey to make, and it turned out pretty decent. Adjustments will be made for next time.

Hate to be you on the throne tomorrow. :blush:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Really starting to loathe that Vegas team.

That firing of Gallant at 24-19 was ugly....... to replace him with DeBoer....:sick:

I hate Gallant almost as much as the Golden Nights.  But since the cup final run I’ve absolutely hated the Knights

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

All from scratch, but without the next level effort you put into your meal.

I just make next level look easy.

Dude, your meal sounds excellent. Prawn pasta with pesto plus garlic bread and caesar salad on the side is one of my top 5 meals from childhood.  

Comfort food is legit.

• Cheers 1