The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sharks @ Nucks - Jan 18 2020 - 7pm - HNIC

Rate this topic

xereau

Quinn Hughes comparable?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, reyezone said:

BB also carried the puck more often through the neutral zone and was able to shoot the puck off the rush, which is something he has had success with in the past. I think more touches and being the "driver" on that line will result in an increase in BB's confidence. There just isn't enough puck to go around with EP and JT for Brock to get his goal scoring mojo working. 

Boeser 16 goals Miller 16 goals?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A.V.'s slurp said:

Considering LE has shown good chemistry going back to last year, and the fact that 70 and 53 have improved their production and +/- since he joined their line...

I doubt its a showcase. Nothing wrong with spreading around the depth. 

Ditto.   The only way I see LE moving is with a 1st round pick after his last bonus.   Glad, he is doing his best on the ice to contribute in any way....

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Leivo showed the same chemistry and will be way cheaper, also currently have Brock on the 3rd line and if Ferland can get healthy we will be back to sticking LE down at bottom of the barrel or up in the press box

What was Horvats and Pearsons corsi, ppg with Leivo?

Added a poll for some Quinn discussion.

The kid is amazing man.

The way he directs the play nearly every single time he touches the puck, is very special to see.

I am not sure what his ceiling is, but his game IQ is off the charts.

Who is going to be his long term D partner?

We are incredibly blessed to have a player who is essentially Patrick Kane talent wise, who can also play D.

Quinn / Dumba would be a pairing to behold. <-- please make this happen, Mr. Benning!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

For me....I could care less, I don't care about analytical stats like some do. I am old school, I go off the product I see on the ice and what I think is best for the teams chances to 1 day win a stanley cup before I'm dead

Mark I eyeball > "advanced" stats. 

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Added a poll for some Quinn discussion.

The kid is amazing man.

The way he directs the play nearly every single time he touches the puck, is very special to see.

I am not sure what his ceiling is, but his game IQ is off the charts.

Who is going to be his long term D partner?

We are incredibly blessed to have a player who is essentially Patrick Kane talent wise, who can also play D.

Quinn / Dumba would be a pairing to behold. <-- please make this happen, Mr. Benning!

It's obvious. Teves. ;)

To add to the poll, I voted for other: Rafalski (late bloomer) but I am hoping as he matures closer to Neidermeyer.  Rafalski, right now cause despite the amazing talent/IQ, he is tenacious and seems to not take anything for granted (open to learning and improving).  He and EP, are certainly very comparable in the way they carry themselves as pro (seems to be setting a team culture of excellence).

Rafalski is who I would hope Boggartys' ceiling would be (fingers crossed). 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Monteeun said:

Anyone know if the jerseys are being sold anywhere?

Vanbase

5 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Canucks aren't actually wearing those Fugly red jerseys tonight for the game are they?

They wear them for warm up and have done so for a couple years now... 

54 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

For me....I could care less, I don't care about analytical stats like some do. I am old school, I go off the product I see on the ice and what I think is best for the teams chances to 1 day win a stanley cup before I'm dead

I agree. And when I played hockey, the only thing that mattered to me was just DOMINATE. 

If you're doing that every shift, you're taking care of business. 

That's all I want from any of our players. EFFORT. 

There's enough talent on this team. What we have to strive for is the will to win. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

So old school means that you don' t care about the result, just how they play the game?