The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sharks @ Nucks - Jan 18 2020 - 7pm - HNIC

Rate this topic

xereau

Quinn Hughes comparable?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Nah, the Sharks are done. Over the hill, past their prime. The Canucks shouldn't lose to a team like that.  There's just no way. 

Except that on any given night the Canucks struggle defensively and allow too many good scoring chances .... that's the bugaboo of this season. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Except that on any given night the Canucks struggle defensively and allow too many good scoring chances .... that's the bugaboo of this season. 

I’d agree however the Canucks style is usually a counter to the Sharks style.  Teams like the Kings and Ducks play a heavy, defensive style of game that always make it tough for the Canucks however the Sharks even when they were much better than us last year I gave the Canucks the edge more often than not.  Not saying we should take them lightly but I’m saying I’m pretty confident the Canucks can and will win tonight.

13 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I’d agree however the Canucks style is usually a counter to the Sharks style.  Teams like the Kings and Ducks play a heavy, defensive style of game that always make it tough for the Canucks however the Sharks even when they were much better than us last year I gave the Canucks the edge more often than not.  Not saying we should take them lightly but I’m saying I’m pretty confident the Canucks can and will win tonight.

As long as the Canucks are moving their feet and play responsibly with the puck, yeah ... they should pull a win tonight. Some nights we play pretty dumb with the puck though. 

2 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Chicago is moving closer to playoff picture. Id rather have the leafs pull a huge comeback this game then let Chicago win another.

Doesn’t matter when we’re first in our division.  I’d rather play them in the first round rather than any other team except for maybe Calgary.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Will someone please argue with me until dinner is ready?

yes dinner

yummy

what's on the menu?

am waiting for some feeding as well

roasted pig, roasted veggies, mashed taters and yam, salad, white wine, decandent dessert

i'm drooling already

not sure i'll last another 45 minutes

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

yes dinner

yummy

what's on the menu?

am waiting for some feeding as well

roasted pig, roasted veggies, mashed taters and yam, salad, white wine, decandent dessert

i'm drooling already

not sure i'll last another 45 minutes

I'll argue that your menu is definitely better than mine. :(

27 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

actually they are only really exposed

against the better offensive teams

they do pretty well against everyone else

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

I'll argue that your menu is definitely better than mine. :(

that's not an argument

but a concession

i have elderly parents

due to a variety of circumstances

xmas dinner was postponed until this evening

i have provided the tastiest morsels for the feast