The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: Chris Kreider to the nucks!

I know there has been some talk about zucker joining our top 6 but if we think we are going to make the playoffs and actually win a round or two, a player like Chris Kreider would fill out our top 6. He adds speed, grit, size and finish. Not sure if this proposal would be realistic but to try and nab Kreider for the playoff push I would offer:

Sutter

Goldy

Demko or 2nd rounder in 2021 or both (whichever they prefer). I for one would be hesitant to move Demko but Markie's play this year has only solidified his place in the game as a top flight tender.

for

Kreider

5th round pick

We get a great piece to add to our puzzle. Sutter and Goldy get fresh starts and even though Canucks likely wouldn't be able to re-sign Kreider it could be worth our while.

Potential Playoff Lineup if I were Green:

Miller   Petey  Boeser

Kreider  Bo   Pearson

Rousell Gaudette Virt

Motte Beagle Erickson

extras: Leivo, Schaller, Ferland (health?)

Hughes   Tanev

Edler Stecher

Fantenberg  Myers

extras: Benn, Sautner

I think other teams will be able to offer more to the NYR and would be willing to do so. Lots of teams in the playoff hunt this year.

Rangers are probably the last team in the entire NHL that would want Demko as they have 2 really young up and coming goalies and Lundqvist.

If the Canucks want any shot at Kreider you're starting with a 1st and Virtanen.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

exactly why does nyr listen to that proposal?
they have a very good up and coming goalie already

they want our crumbs and fringe players?

and where is the conditional extra consideration if he re-signs with the nucks

isn't that a usual part of any rental player trade ?

Edited by coastal.view
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1. We dont have cap, and i dont see Benning pulling off some strong handed cap shedding move. 

2. A 28year old Kreider is going for a 1st at the TDL which beats out the pieces you have proposed; and on top of that you want NYR to take Sutter's as a cap dump? 

3. We would be without 1st/2nd round picks for the next 2 years. Contenders with a good core does this by trying to get on top to win a Stanley Cup. We are selling out our future because we want to make the playoffs and may be win a round or 2.... ? 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Rangers are probably the last team in the entire NHL that would want Demko as they have 2 really young up and coming goalies and Lundqvist.

If the Canucks want any shot at Kreider you're starting with a 1st and Virtanen.

Kreider is not a guy we want.  He’s a head down, low IQ player.  He doesn’t pass well, and is not in any way a thinking player.  JB is way too smart a hockey mind to give up any assets for such a one dimensional cabbage brain as Krudder. 

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If that's the case, I would pass on Kreider. Virtanen is still progressing, is younger and more affordable. Plus, a 1st is steep considering we gave one up for Miller but that has paid off big time and will continue to do so!

I agree with other posters in terms of that we are not 'there' yet when it comes to being contenders for the cup but we are certainly at the spot where we are a team pushing to make the playoffs. I was just curious as to what fellow fans would consider we would need to do to make Kreider a Canuck because I think he will be very valuable to the team he ends up playing for come spring.

Cheers!

26 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

If that's the case, I would pass on Kreider. Virtanen is still progressing, is younger and more affordable. Plus, a 1st is steep considering we gave one up for Miller but that has paid off big time and will continue to do so!

I agree with other posters in terms of that we are not 'there' yet when it comes to being contenders for the cup but we are certainly at the spot where we are a team pushing to make the playoffs. I was just curious as to what fellow fans would consider we would need to do to make Kreider a Canuck because I think he will be very valuable to the team he ends up playing for come spring.

Cheers!

Kreider, as I pointed out before, is not a guy who fits well into our current team.  Miller is WAY BETTER, because he plays a smart game.  

Virtanen is right now a better player than Kreider.  

I am certain JB is not interested in Kreider.  

How about we just be patient and eventually dump the boat anchor contracts. 

Off the books by the end of 2021 are:

Sutter

Schaller

Leivo

Baer

and the Spooner and Luongo penalties.

That's $10.7 million off the book.

You can add another $6 million if we can get someone to take over for Edler.

Bottom line is when Eriksson is off the books as well. We will be relying on Benning's drafting of forwards and defence to keep costs down, to pay for guys like EP40.

So it's suicide to trade our youth now. And we'd be lucky if someone takes guys like Sutter off our hands. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Upvote 2

I like Kreider 6'2, 220, 28 power forward should be a 25 G - 55 point producer..

Like several other post NYR don't need Demko they would want a big Jake 22, 6'1, 220 lbs lots of speed a very soon could be your regular 22-25 G producer..

NYR - would want 1st rounder and at least Jake 22 ---

I say big no to any trade like this, stay on path Jake could be better then Kreider very soon and Jake is 6 yrs younger..

Don't want to trade away anymore 1st rounders ...

Edited by wildcam

Look there is no doubt Kreider would fit great either on 1st or 2nd line in Vancouver for numerous reasons . He would certainly benefit because of those complementary aspects. BUT ...you all are way overvaluing him as if he is a superstar like Hall or something ...the most the guy has ever hit is 57 pts in his entire career.  He is a 30 to 50 pt guy that could perhaps increase on one of Vancouvers top lines.  Enough with the 1st round picks with top prospect and a stud player $&!# . You are all nuts .   

Jake Virtanen is on pace to be on par with kreider this season and is younger a better 200 foot player that is excelling in growth every season and out values Kreider alone . 

Stecher.                

Baertchi 

Leivo 

OR

Ferland 

Leivo 

Baertchi 

3rd in 2021

For 

Kreider 

3rd in 2020

Who here likes Petey?

I love Petey !

& i almost reached through my big screen when kreider elbowed Petey and broke his nose.

Krieder will never be on the Canucks as long as Petey is here.

GMJB is a smart hockey man, do you really think he will do what Edmonton did to mcdavid by acquiring brandon (POS) Manning.

Edited by GhostsOf1994

2 hours ago, Kulashaker said:

Jake Virtanen is on pace to be on par with kreider this season and is younger a better 200 foot player that is excelling in growth every season and out values Kreider alone . 

Stecher.                

Baertchi 

Leivo 

OR

Ferland 

Leivo 

Baertchi 

3rd in 2021

For 

Kreider 

3rd in 2020

Neither of those packages get Kreider.  He’s the top player rumoured to be available. If anyone is bringing in a 1st +. It’s him.  New York is not taking a bunch of spare parts for him 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:09 PM, KirkSave said:

Sutter

Goldy

Demko or 2nd rounder in 2021 or both (whichever they prefer). I for one would be hesitant to move Demko but Markie's play this year has only solidified his place in the game as a top flight tender.

for

Kreider

5th round pick

Kreider is 6'3" 220 and on pace for 55 points.

He gets at least a 1st round pick and a good prospect. A 2nd rounder won't do it.

Sutter, some believe, is just a cap dump. Goldy is a throw away prospect AHL player at this point. Your offer for Kreider is crap...no offence.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

22 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Sutter, some believe, is just a cap dump. Goldy is a throw away prospect AHL player at this point. Your offer for Kreider is crap...no offence.

For us Sutter is a cap dump. For some teams who could be a very effective 3rd line center (when healthy).

Goldy is not a throw away prospect. He has elite play making ability and was very good at times in a top 6 role with us but never found consistency in his game and Green now has other, heavier options, which is his preference.

Demko is a very good goalie with a small NHL sample size but many around the league project him to be a starter. If Marky wasn't playing lights out this year and the Pacific so tight, you can bet Demko would be getting more looks.

Krieder is a rental, so not sure he is worth a 1st rounder for us. I offered a 2nd because we don't have a 1st this year if we make the playoffs. Not only that, the return for an elite player like Taylor Hall, former MVP only fetched one 1st round pick and no conditional ones should he resign with the coyotes. Also, if they fail to make the playoffs that 1st round pick goes back to Arizona should they fall in the 1-3 spot. I feel this deal is sort of a precedent for what teams will pay at the deadline. It's possible Krieder will get a 1st if there are many teams interested. However, he may not get the NYR a 1st. Other teams might look elsewhere.

I never said, this is the best offer we could give to get Krieder. Just a proposal to get the conversation rolling.