The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: Chris Kreider to the nucks!

41 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

For us Sutter is a cap dump. For some teams who could be a very effective 3rd line center (when healthy).

Goldy is not a throw away prospect. He has elite play making ability and was very good at times in a top 6 role with us but never found consistency in his game and Green now has other, heavier options, which is his preference.

Demko is a very good goalie with a small NHL sample size but many around the league project him to be a starter. If Marky wasn't playing lights out this year and the Pacific so tight, you can bet Demko would be getting more looks.

Krieder is a rental, so not sure he is worth a 1st rounder for us. I offered a 2nd because we don't have a 1st this year if we make the playoffs. Not only that, the return for an elite player like Taylor Hall, former MVP only fetched one 1st round pick and no conditional ones should he resign with the coyotes. Also, if they fail to make the playoffs that 1st round pick goes back to Arizona should they fall in the 1-3 spot. I feel this deal is sort of a precedent for what teams will pay at the deadline. It's possible Krieder will get a 1st if there are many teams interested. However, he may not get the NYR a 1st. Other teams might look elsewhere.

I never said, this is the best offer we could give to get Krieder. Just a proposal to get the conversation rolling.

Stopped reading at “Goldy has elite play making ability”....

He’s waiver wire fodder. He’ll likely never be an nhl’er 

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................