The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Simmonds

1 hour ago, Westcoasting said:

I see a flaw in that your thinking is all messed up! Why would anyone trade for Lui and then a draft pick two years from now. Then need a pick this year and probably a player like Virtanen going back, why else would they trade.

your sarcasm detection meter needs new batteries

walmart has a sale on them

go get some quick

Edited by coastal.view
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

3.3m plus 1.9m would cover simmonds but NJ probably gets a better offer

Schaller makes that much ?  I thought it was 1.2 .  Good thing is he gone next year and we have a young gun at half the price coming in next year  to replace him . This is a prime example of a stop gap player , to buy some time till draft picks are ready  to step in . 

Edited by the grinder

3 minutes ago, the grinder said:

schaller makes that much ?  I thought it was 1.2   good thing is he gone next year and we have a young gun at half the price coming in next year  to replace him . This is a prime example of a stop gap player , to buy some time till draft picks are ready  to step in . 

yup, team is going to be in tough with bonus overages and if they want to sign Marky and Tanev not letting either walk as a UFA. Also have to give Virtanen a nice raise also, only obviously players we see walk are Schaller and Fantenberg but both those salaries dont add up to much considering the raises the 3 Canucks I mentioned will be in need of this off season.

GM JB is going to be a busy man. We just start turning the corner and we are cap crunched...not ideal but see what he can muster!

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

yup, team is going to be in tough with bonus overages and if they want to sign Marky and Tanev not letting either walk as a UFA. Also have to give Virtanen a nice raise also, only obviously players we see walk are Schaller and Fantenberg but both those salaries dont add up to much considering the raises the 3 Canucks I mentioned will be in need of this off season.

GM JB is going to be a busy man. We just start turning the corner and we are cap crunched...not ideal but see what he can muster!

yes it definitely going to be interesting how GMJB handles the cap crunch  , one of Sutter ,LE and baer needs to be gone , cant see Stetcher being here, He is just going to be too expensive, it might be better keep Fanta if if he is under 1.5  than TS 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, the grinder said:

yes it definitely going to be interesting how GMJB handles the cap crunch  , one of Sutter ,LE and baer needs to be gone , cant see Stetcher being here, He is just going to be too expensive, it might be better keep Fanta if if he is under 1.5  than TS 

Baer will hopefully be gone at TDL to a team in the hunt looking for backup scoring depth. By that time his contract hit for remainder of this season will be minimal.   Take whatever you can get in return. 

Stetcher,  as much as I like him, may be a casualty of re-signing Tanev.  Take a pick for Tony Stretcher in return and hope that someone on the farm is ready for some NHL minutes. 

Schaller can walk in ufa.

Jake, Motte,  Mac all get qualifying offers. 

But yeah, the LE contract and Lu recapture penalty are having a sneaky-bad effect on our cap situation moving forward. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Baer will hopefully be gone at TDL to a team in the hunt looking for backup scoring depth. By that time his contract hit for remainder of this season will be minimal.   Take whatever you can get in return. 

Stetcher,  as much as I like him, may be a casualty of re-signing Tanev.  Take a pick for Tony Stretcher in return and hope that someone on the farm is ready for some NHL minutes. 

Schaller can walk in ufa.

Jake, Motte,  Mac all get qualifying offers. 

But yeah, the LE contract and Lu recapture penalty are having a sneaky-bad effect on our cap situation moving forward. 

Is all that even going to make a dent in what JB needs to re-up Marky &Tanev? Not to mention the money needed to qualify our RFA's? 

17 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Is all that even going to make a dent in what JB needs to re-up Marky &Tanev? Not to mention the money needed to qualify our RFA's? 

some, that is with the hopes a team trades for Baer this TDL. If a team did, they would want us to retain 50%

If I was GM, I would contact hometown boy Stecher and see what the cost would be to re sign him to a multi year deal now. He plays well with Edler, works hard and is a team guy. Shouldn't cost a ton to re sign.

As for Tanev, hard to say what he wants for his next deal. Term might be important but we can't commit to him for more than a couple years imo with his injury history. Remember folks, Quinn Hughes is going to make any D partner look good. SO is Tanev worth 5m per year for 4-5 years? After all, GM JB did commit a large chunk of $...6m x5 years to 2x4 I mean Tyler myers. 

Marky, is going to want to get paid and or get long term with security like a NMC for the expansion draft and or a full NTC. I could see him getting 6-7m per year from a team as a UFA while getting 4-6 years term. Colorado has a ton of cap space and I don't think they goaltending they have now is good enough going forward.