The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I do like our governor and Chicago mayor is a very feisty black woman.

They take no $&!# from Trump and told him to &^@# off many times. 
Governor Pritzker is part of the family that owned Hyatt so he is not intimidated by the orange clown.

I have been very pleased with both Pritzker and Lightfoot in their handling of the crisis so far. 

I kinda like their idea of securing deals with hotels to help quarantine Covid19 patients.  It will help keep hospitals from being overwhelmed, quarantined patients can easily be monitored to make sure they stay isolated, and they are assuring hotels that only city and medical personnel will have contact with the patients.   Not to mention it will give the hurting hotel industry some much needed business. 

Lightfoot (mayor of Chicago) announced yesterday that social distancing warnings from the police are over, it is now heavy handed fines and arrests only.  Hopefully now people will take a bit more seriously.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, spur1 said:

Glenfiddich is like Bud...no taste.

Yea but I believe there's always a time and place for both.

Example: you are mowing the lawn and might spill your beer: bud

Second example: You've had 6 IPAs and Jake scores a hatty: bud

Your friend comes over and always drinks 3/4 of the bottle: Glenfiddich

Both are staples in my house.

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I agree with your basic system, very well thought out.  However, bud is a no go for me. 

57 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I've got a bottle of Glenfiddich and a Glenlivet. (both Christmas presents) I also have a bottle of Black Bush which was a suggestion from a buddy from Ireland.

Jeezus H.......WTF is wrong with some people? :picard:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/grocery-store-throws-out-dollar35000-worth-of-food-it-says-woman-deliberately-coughed-on/ar-BB11JM7L?li=AAggNb9

The past few weeks have been tough for Gerrity’s Supermarket, a small family-owned chain in northeastern Pennsylvania. Like grocers nationwide, it has been deluged with orders and has struggled to keep basics such as chicken breasts and toilet paper on the shelves. Employees have been working overtime, pausing only for five-second breaks to wipe everything down with disinfectant wipes. 

Then, on Wednesday afternoon, a woman came in and deliberately coughed all over the produce section, meat case and bakery department, co-owner Joe Fasula said. The store had to throw away more than $35,000 (CAD$50,000) worth of food.

“Today was a very challenging day,” Fasula wrote in a message to shoppers on Facebook. “While there is little doubt this woman was doing it as a very twisted prank, we will not take any chances with the health and well-being of our customers."

With most other businesses shuttered in an attempt to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus, grocery stores have found themselves on the front lines of the global pandemic. Numerous supermarket employees nationwide have already tested positive for covid-19, and fears about being exposed to the virus run rampant. Meanwhile, a disturbing trend has emerged: People deliberately coughing on workers, other shoppers or the food.

On Wednesday, Fasula posted pictures of employees carrying away carts full of fresh cucumbers, bell peppers, eggplants, onions and potatoes that were destined for the trash. “It truly saddens us,” he wrote on Twitter. “We are doing our best to provide everyone a safe environment & the items they need during this time including our seniors & those who are immunocompromised when there is already panic w/ supply & hoarding. To have to waste food due to this breaks our hearts!”

• Wat 2

https://globalnews.ca/news/6720474/physical-distancing-measures-april-dix/?fbclid=IwAR1A5ng6pAk9Dy_QNeuAIkHqvRWpvczfnUwDamWFQju1XYGtSHF1_CDBf1E

Physical distancing, other measures expected to last in B.C. until at least end of April: Dix

BY RICHARD ZUSSMAN GLOBAL NEWS

Posted March 23, 2020 3:09 pm

Updated March 23, 2020 3:24 pm

B.C.’s health minister says British Columbians should expect to remain under strict provincial orders until at least the end of April.

Those orders, which came in response to the COVID-19 crisis, include restrictions on public gatherings, closure of services and businesses, and mandatory physical distancing.

“We are preparing for a much more serious situation in our acute care sector and in the health of British Columbians,” Adrian Dix said.

“I don’t have any expectation of any relief from the extraordinary measures that the provincial health officer has imposed on British Columbians. I don’t see any prospect before the end of April of those orders changing.”.....

• Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Lockdown is working in BC!! Cases are not increasing in a parabolic manner. Keep it up everyone! Stay indoors and practice social distancing. 

where did you find those? I'd like to share that info outside of this site if you have link. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Here in Australia, its been 7 or 9 days since mandatory quarantine on re-arrival in the Country came in to play.

They have hired 500 extra police in one state. Specifically to police compliance. Included, you sign in with Faace time as you clear customs. These officers are dace timing all returnee's, to see if they are at home. If they dont answer? They go visit. Fines are tens of thousands.

Someone told me, a complete lockdown, in China, they jusst shot people in the streets?

Well they just announced the Quarantine Act and they said they will fine people etc.  Still Canada is so vast in size it'll be interesting to see if and how many people get fined who are caught not following the rules at this point.

Trudeau is full of it in regards to Canada being sufficient with PPE for Canadians. Hospitals are at extreme low stock, staff has to use 1 mask for their entire shift! Some places have run out and told staff you keep working...Trudeau you are wrong, it wasn't a wise decision to deplete our PPE supply to send it to  China

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Trudeau is full of it in regards to Canada being sufficient with PPE for Canadians. Hospitals are at extreme low stock, staff has to use 1 mask for their entire shift! Some places have run out and told staff you keep working...Trudeau you are wrong, it wasn't a wise decision to deplete our PPE supply to send it to  China

Source?  And please don't like "The Rebel News" and/or "Better than Ezra....".

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Hopefully he has supplies on the way from China right now to help and knows stuff that we don't.  I assume Canada is working hard to try and get more PPE for hospitals at all chances possible. 

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Source?  And please don't like "The Rebel News" and/or "Better than Ezra....".

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-ottawa-faces-criticism-for-sending-16-tonnes-of-personal-protective/

I am sure China since they are back and up running many parts of the country are trying to re-do the demand for it and send it back to us, at the same time if China didn't get it under control when they did we might be in a worse off situation than we are now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Hopefully he has supplies on the way from China right now to help and knows stuff that we don't.  I assume Canada is working hard to try and get more PPE for hospitals at all chances possible. 

the reason we're low on supplies is we've been running on a just in time supply system for years that by design isn't ready for something like this. Add to that we don't have much manufacturing anymore of our own basic medical supplies and here we are. 

you can argue one way or the other on sending supplies to China in February, the thinking at the time is it was good to try to stem the outbreak there as much as possible to lessen the impact here. One could also argue we should have stockpiled. 

• Upvote 1