The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, nucksnavsfan said:

I wish the panic buying would end. I am trying to stay home but need a few items . Went to 2 stores trying to find toilet paper , paper towels, Tylenol etc. Nada can’t find this stuff anywhere. I just want to re supply like normal not hoard it geez, this is insane. I’m having to split my supplies for 3 households one of which is my parents in their 90’s .  News keeps saying that supplies are coming in as normal , really cause there are empty shelves everywhere . Panic buyers are now turning us non panic buyers into them . 
they tell us to stay home , which I am happy to do , I unknowingly supplied before all this started ( sales ::D) I have enough food but keep having to go out and hunt for basic supplies, putting myself at risk when I really wouldn’t be doing if there were supplies on the shelves .

:(:angry:

you dont happen to be in Calgary are you ?  I found a full package from costco in my garage so there is plenty to share if you are close by....

54 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Very long read, as it's a timeline so I will just attach the link.

The road to Canada's COVID-19 outbreak: timeline of federal government failure at border to slow the virus

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/national/the-road-to-canadas-covid-19-outbreak-timeline-of-federal-government-failure-at-border-to-slow-the-virus/

read this as well, it shows that even Liberal MP's were questioning things that were going on.....  people can make all the excuses they want, but Canada was very slow to act and political correctness was a key factor in the decision making

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, TheAce said:

you dont happen to be in Calgary are you ?  I found a full package from costco in my garage so there is plenty to share if you are close by....

That’s very nice of you ! 
nope I’m in White Rock , thanks though 

4 hours ago, BPA said:

Check out Canadian Tire.   They sell TP as well.  

Tried, no luck, even tried Staples which carries toilet paper paper towels but every place seems to be cleared of stock. Hopefully go into a store as they are restocking. That happened for me 2 weeks ago , nice surprise but nothing since. Crazy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Some good news......

99-year-old West Vancouver man recovers from COVID-19 in retirement home

Reuben Huva made a full recovery after contracting coronavirus at Hollyburn House earlier this month

Andrea Ross · CBC News · Posted: Mar 28, 2020 4:43 PM PT | Last Updated: 4 hours ago

reuben-huva.jpg
Reuben Huva, 99, gives a thumbs up after being declared free of COVID-19 on Wednesday. (Linda Horspool)

A 99-year-old West Vancouver man who tested positive for COVID-19 has recovered completely and is back to his "cheerful old self," his daughter says.

Reuben Huva, who lives in Hollyburn House retirement home, started developing minor symptoms earlier this month, Linda Horspool said.

He was tired, not eating well and had a slight cough, so staff initially thought her father had a cold, she said. On March 11, she got a call saying he'd tested positive for COVID-19.

"We were probably seeing what was dad's death sentence," recalled Horspool, a retired doctor.

"I didn't really think a 99-year-old in a wheelchair could possibly survive it, to be honest."

Huva has dementia and was not completely aware of what was going on, Horspool said. Confined to his room, he asked what all the fuss was about.

Horspool was able to visit him wearing a mask, gloves and gown. She tried to explain to him that he had the flu, but he told her he felt fine. Other family members were able to see him and communicate through his closed window. 

After a few days, his symptoms resolved and he was back to being his "cheerful old self," Horspool said. 

He tested negative for the virus and was declared recovered on March 25, she said. 

Read earlier today that a 102 year old woman in Italy has recovered . 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

just got an update on my grandson and his girlfriend , they were let go and sent home with masks and told to self isolate for 14 days. the doctor told her  she most likely has the virus.  and my grandson probably  just a bad cold. if she gets worse she is to head back to hospital. they never tested her tho

Hoping they don't have to go back and rooting for a quick recovery.  My mind is blown that neither were tested though.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Tried, no luck, even tried Staples which carries toilet paper paper towels but every place seems to be cleared of stock. Hopefully go into a store as they are restocking. That happened for me 2 weeks ago , nice surprise but nothing since. Crazy. 

Just wipe with your hand and wash it after<_<

7 hours ago, nucksnavsfan said:

I wish the panic buying would end. I am trying to stay home but need a few items . Went to 2 stores trying to find toilet paper , paper towels, Tylenol etc. Nada can’t find this stuff anywhere. I just want to re supply like normal not hoard it geez, this is insane. I’m having to split my supplies for 3 households one of which is my parents in their 90’s .  News keeps saying that supplies are coming in as normal , really cause there are empty shelves everywhere . Panic buyers are now turning us non panic buyers into them . 
they tell us to stay home , which I am happy to do , I unknowingly supplied before all this started ( sales ::D) I have enough food but keep having to go out and hunt for basic supplies, putting myself at risk when I really wouldn’t be doing if there were supplies on the shelves .

:(:angry:

Go to obscure grocery stores, like in my area, the IGA in westwood plateau has LOT of supplies, theyve put in a limit already weeks ahead on TP, paper towels, etc so theres no hoarding

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, TheAce said:

read this as well, it shows that even Liberal MP's were questioning things that were going on.....  people can make all the excuses they want, but Canada was very slow to act and political correctness was a key factor in the decision making

Here's to living in the past.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, wloutet said:

Some stores are allowing seniors and people who need help to go in early, like 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM. Shelves are all stocked. Harmac Mill in Nanaimo has ramped up ots production of fibre that make s TP.

And thats why I don't think my mill will close either, still gotta get that pulp out for everyday life that people use it for.  They will be happy when I get back to work in a week from now lol

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1