CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

46 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

except that japan and china have a significantly higher population density, especially in the cities. The streets of Tokyo are an extremely different animal than the streets of Munich. Comparing USA/Germany to China/Japan is comparing apples to oranges.

Tokyo is heading in the wrong direction lately, as is the country. New highs for 3 days straight. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-cases-tokyo-new-high-today-2020-07-31/

18 hours ago, Toews said:

If a 20 something year old with AIDS gets the coronavirus and dies, do you simply ignore one virus and fixate on the other? If so you are being myopic for whatever reason, perhaps the same one as the poster I quoted. 

Nowadays, it would be quite unusual for a person that young to die of AIDS, so it would be Covid that killed him.  There are many other underlying conditions (high blood pressure, diabetes, immune issues, asthma, obesity, age +65, etc) that make people more susceptible to getting infected by the virus and eventually dying.  These people would more that likely live a much longer life, but for Covid19.  Imo, it is Covid 19 that killed them.

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Tokyo is heading in the wrong direction lately, as is the country. New highs for 3 days straight. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-cases-tokyo-new-high-today-2020-07-31/

This appears to be happening all around the world, since countries started opening up; stage 3 in particular.  I suppose this will end up being the 2nd wave, which could be compounded by the flu season arriving in the Fall.  I think countries may have to step back a bit to beat the virus down to a more manageable situation.  China, Singapore, Hong Kong appear to be trending upwards as well.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

50 cases 

wow 

great job Horgan 

in times of crisis we need real real leaders to step up and lead 

Edited by kingofsurrey

22 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

50 cases 

wow 

great job Horgan 

in times of crisis we need real real leaders to step up and lead 

Airport-moving-walkway-wrong-way.gif.eb6958cf856ae0a5f99c25b959c84c13.gif

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Airport-moving-walkway-wrong-way.gif.eb6958cf856ae0a5f99c25b959c84c13.gif

Dr b and Horgans  great glory hole idea doesn’t seem to be working 

We need our bc leaders to start supporting a mask policy .... or call the election 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

oh damn 50 cases today, not really how we should be heading into the long weekend.

Toronto is opening Stage 3 on a Friday night of a long weekend; interior restaurants and bars.

See you Wednesday with brand new spike numbers.

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)

Insert "South Carolinians are so dumb" joke here.....

My husband had to wear a mask and guess what happened?

Spoiler

A woman believed her husband’s claim that he’d caught chlamydia from a face mask. The woman – who we have chosen not to name – responded to a Facebook commenter moaning about a new law ordering residents of Columbia, South Carolina, to wear the face coverings at all times while in public. She commented on the page of local TV news station WIS on June 25, and replied to another commenter who had moaned about how a mask had given her a skin infection by saying: ‘My husband had to where (sic) a mask on a business trip and now he has clamedia (sic).’ Another commenter then replied to the wife’s post, saying: ‘Do you mean chlamydia? The STI?’, but the wife still defended her husband, answering: ‘No he got it from the mask.; The woman who first replied then attempted to dole out some tough love, writing: ‘unless there’s another illness with a similar name that didn’t show up on a google search – because it REALLY sounds like you’re telling folks your husband cheated on you while he was on his business trip and told you it was from a mask.’

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Insert "South Carolinians are so dumb" joke here.....

My husband had to wear a mask and guess what happened?

Hide contents

A woman believed her husband’s claim that he’d caught chlamydia from a face mask. The woman – who we have chosen not to name – responded to a Facebook commenter moaning about a new law ordering residents of Columbia, South Carolina, to wear the face coverings at all times while in public. She commented on the page of local TV news station WIS on June 25, and replied to another commenter who had moaned about how a mask had given her a skin infection by saying: ‘My husband had to where (sic) a mask on a business trip and now he has clamedia (sic).’ Another commenter then replied to the wife’s post, saying: ‘Do you mean chlamydia? The STI?’, but the wife still defended her husband, answering: ‘No he got it from the mask.; The woman who first replied then attempted to dole out some tough love, writing: ‘unless there’s another illness with a similar name that didn’t show up on a google search – because it REALLY sounds like you’re telling folks your husband cheated on you while he was on his business trip and told you it was from a mask.’

South Carolinians are so dumb it takes them two hours to watch 60 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2

Posted (edited)

BC Covid Plan -  Welcoming all Albertans to come and summer vacay in BC...... and only  wear a mask if you feel like it.....

giphy.gif

Edited by kingofsurrey

Posted (edited)

MIxed messages here in BC ?

CNN. - A coronavirus outbreak at a Georgia sleep-away camp this June could have implications for school reopening, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says. At least 260 attendees ended up testing positive for Covid-19, according to researchers

All in all, test results were available for 344 (58%) of the 597 attendees from Georgia; among these, 260 (76%) were positive. At least 44% -- 260 of 597 -- got infected, although the researchers say not everyone was tested so the rate could be even higher
Edited by kingofsurrey

On 7/30/2020 at 2:45 PM, Toews said:

I meant he is a stage IV cancer survivor and considering his advanced age, that to me definitely puts him in the high risk category. If your immune system is seriously compromised, that is still playing a part in your death even though COVID ends up being the final blow. 

Bottom line is COVID was the final blow that killed him.  That statement gives you all you need to know.

I wish people wouldn't find a way to scoot around COVID as a serious threat by "oh well, he/she had...."ing it.

• Hydration 3

Stretched to the absurd, eventually we will all die, so why blame covid for any death?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1

13 minutes ago, gurn said:

Stretched to the absurd, eventually we will all die, so why blame covid for any death?

Europe has seen a huge bump in "excess" deaths this year.  Can't attribute all of these to Covid-19, but I doubt it's a complete coincidence.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53592881

• Upvote 2

Reopen they said.  Days.  That's all it took. 

Student was tested days prior and attended school prior to getting positive test.

cbsnews link

Student and staffer test positive for coronavirus at Indiana schools, first state in U.S. to reopen

On 8/1/2020 at 1:41 AM, I.Am.Ironman said:

except that japan and china have a significantly higher population density, especially in the cities. The streets of Tokyo are an extremely different animal than the streets of Munich. Comparing USA/Germany to China/Japan is comparing apples to oranges.

Actually the study involved 33 countries. 

On 7/30/2020 at 3:32 PM, samurai said:

Yes, for sure Japan is more structured but Canada is also the land of peace, order and good government. 

What's the rationale for the seemingly large reluctance in Japan for people to use credit cards or debit cards?  Seems like 'paper money' is still "King".  Is fear of fraud and or dislike of debt that strong?  Though I do find it humourous there are apparently machines there that "launder the money" to keep them as germ-free as possible (paper money).