CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

2 hours ago, Canucks_since_birth said:

"Covid 19" is fake and had always been fake. You'll never catch me wearing a mask. If the government wants me to they'll have to force it on via force. 

well I'm convinced 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Canucks_since_birth said:

"Covid 19" is fake and had always been fake. You'll never catch me wearing a mask. If the government wants me to they'll have to force it on via force. 

You're exactly the type we see all those memes about.

The covid Karen

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Population density is likely a major cause for that (infections) I would gather.  I look it as like playing BlackJack.  Following’basic strategy’ doesn’t guarantee you’ll win; what it does do is cut down the house percentage.  

Wear a mask.:)

Or don’t wear a mask

Just now, samurai said:

Or don’t wear a mask

look at it this way, if mask wearers are correct it does a lot of good. If you're correct, then all we've done is make a year long fashion faux pas. Its a simple thing to put on a mask to help prevent you from horking on someone in public. Its really the least you can do. 

• Hydration 2

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You're exactly the type we see all those memes about.

The covid Karen

Karen is a really nice lady.  Met her at the gym.  Her squat presses are quite impressive.  I definitely wouldn't mess with her if I saw her on the street...

44 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

look at it this way, if mask wearers are correct it does a lot of good. If you're correct, then all we've done is make a year long fashion faux pas. Its a simple thing to put on a mask to help prevent you from horking on someone in public. Its really the least you can do. 

You should actually read the WHO guidelines on masks.  I think over all it is very sound.  

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Haha, thanks for the visual of some government heavies pinning you down and strapping a mask on your face while you squirm and struggle yelling 'It's all fake! wake up sheeple!"

Made my day. Hahaha

It had me wondering....what happens afterward? How do the "heavies" ensure that he keeps it on?

My suggestion would be staples....

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, samurai said:

You should actually read the WHO guidelines on masks.  I think over all it is very sound.  

you shouldn't assume I haven't. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52945210

Again, its a tiny effort on your part if you are going into public spaces. Theres no risk to you at all in wearing it, and the whole "freedom" thing is just pure selfishness (not saying thats you, just pointing that out). 

• Hydration 2

4 hours ago, Canucks_since_birth said:

you know, if I wanted to control someone I would convince them that something good for them was bad. Just an idea. Toss it around a bit, see how it feels. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you shouldn't assume I haven't. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52945210

Again, its a tiny effort on your part if you are going into public spaces. Theres no risk to you at all in wearing it, and the whole "freedom" thing is just pure selfishness (not saying thats you, just pointing that out). 

the guidelines are little more specific and detailed than the BBC's filtering of them.  Sure the freedom argument is dodgy, but the lack of science to support their use   argument is not.  Again that is why they are not mandatory in a lot of countries, regions and so forth.  Would I wear a mask in a small space, poor ventilated and with a  lot of people for an extended period - yes, and I have.  But my normal thing to do is avoid those places all together.

55 minutes ago, samurai said:

the guidelines are little more specific and detailed than the BBC's filtering of them.  Sure the freedom argument is dodgy, but the lack of science to support their use   argument is not.  Again that is why they are not mandatory in a lot of countries, regions and so forth.  Would I wear a mask in a small space, poor ventilated and with a  lot of people for an extended period - yes, and I have.  But my normal thing to do is avoid those places all together.

avoiding them is a good idea.

But I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss anecdotal evidence either. Sometimes common sense is a good idea too. If one known method of transmission - i.e. larger droplets - can be reduced thats a good thing even though i can't give you a fully quantified number. 

Mask wearing does seem to have "an effect" and just because it can't be perfectly qualified at at the moment isn't a reason not to do it given how easy and low risk it is to do for the wearer. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

avoiding them is a good idea.

But I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss anecdotal evidence either. Sometimes common sense is a good idea too. If one known method of transmission - i.e. larger droplets - can be reduced thats a good thing even though i can't give you a fully quantified number. 

Mask wearing does seem to have "an effect" and just because it can't be perfectly qualified at at the moment isn't a reason not to do it given how easy and low risk it is to do for the wearer. 

i think a lot of the arguments regarding the need for mask use do in fact lack common sense.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I miss the vitamin D guy 

He moved to Japan ......

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Canucks_since_birth said:

Ok genius. As they showed in the video and do a test. Impale yourself. As they wheel you into the operating room, tell the doctors and surgeons to not wash their hands, not to wear gloves, and not wear masks. Because it's fake that germs exist, and infections don't happen.....

Better still. If Covid is fake, why would anyone or any government crush their economy and rack up massive debt for NO reason. You sound like a flat Earther/anti -vax nut. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Ok genius. As they showed in the video and do a test. Impale yourself. As they wheel you into the operating room, tell the doctors and surgeons to not wash their hands, not to wear gloves, and not wear masks. Because it's fake that germs exist, and infections don't happen.....

Better still. If Covid is fake, why would anyone or any government crush their economy and rack up massive debt for NO reason. You sound like a flat Earther/anti -vax nut. 

I always love these hit and runs.   Although everyone's entitled to an opinion, if it shares dangerous information it needs to be challenged.  It's infuriating...especially to those with family members with compromised immune systems.  We work hard to protect them and they pose a real risk in that.

I expect to hear back with some supporting "evidence".  Nothing yet it seems....

• Huggy Bear 2

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I always love these hit and runs.   Although everyone's entitled to an opinion, if it shares dangerous information it needs to be challenged.  It's infuriating...especially to those with family members with compromised immune systems.  We work hard to protect them and they pose a real risk in that.

I expect to hear back with some supporting "evidence".  Nothing yet it seems....

My favourite is when I ask for sources for their information and their first response is always "look it up yourself, I'm not going to do the work for you".  

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, samurai said:

i think a lot of the arguments regarding the need for mask use do in fact lack common sense.

but from what sources? WHO is recommending it. Its clearly a good idea in some situations. 

I really do not understand the resistance to it, other than some people value not being mildly inconvenienced vs potentially spreading a disease. It seems very selfish to me. 

Edited by Robert Long
  • Vintage 3