CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

2 minutes ago, Templeton Peck said:

I guess a lot of people have been having fajitas night lately.

Yogurt too. Those probiotics are unkind. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

I decided to change my flight....was scheduled to come home on the 17th. 

just don’t know what might happen over the next few days; I have an elderly mother a block away from the Hollyburn care facility where some tested positive yesterday....plus the weather here has been bad for three days and more in the forecast.

I just followed my gut and changed my flight and will be coming home tomorrow instead. Even though it’s safer here in Maui, I just want to be on home soil.

yup I can understand that. My wife's friend works in long term care, she says staff are hyper vigilant now. 

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Better late than never I guess? :rolleyes:

No reason we couldn't/shouldn't have already been doing this but glad to see we're finally taking steps.

we don't have all the data that they do. I don't trust Trudeau as far as I can throw him, individuals are idiots, but I do trust systems and Canada has some very good ones. So far we're tracking well. 

• Hydration 1

25 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I have worn hazmat suits. It’s not fun. Very sweaty. 

Same

19 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Was just watching this until it cut off for some reason.  Seven new cases as a result of travellers from Iran, Egypt, Philippines and Mexico.  

2 minutes ago, TheAce said:

I'll double your rant... a close friend here in Calgary works at the childrens hospital. A co -worker came back to work 2 days ago after a 6 WEEK VACATION in China and wasnt even so much as asked a question when she got off the plane. No quarantine , no testing, nothing .... and now she is back to work. My friend and co workers complained to there boss and they were told there was nothing they can do because she has the legal right to work and there are no mandatory quarantine periods. That is absolutely ridiculous and while i dont want to turn this into a political rant or a right vs left, Trudeau has absolutely dropped the ball on this. Instead of heading the warnings he pulled his standard ' racism/ discrimination ' card out of his pocket as a reason not to close the borders from planes arriving from hot zones. There could have been safety measures put in place but he chose to wait too long

Trudeau is a tree hugger providing the tree is safely rooted and standing firm.  Once the The tree is at risk of falling he wants us to hang on for him.  

36 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Honestly don't know what we're waiting for?

No idea.  Can only imagine it takes several layers in the government to make something happen?

32 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

I decided to change my flight....was scheduled to come home on the 17th. 

just don’t know what might happen over the next few days; I have an elderly mother a block away from the Hollyburn care facility where some tested positive yesterday....plus the weather here has been bad for three days and more in the forecast.

I just followed my gut and changed my flight and will be coming home tomorrow instead. Even though it’s safer here in Maui, I just want to be on home soil.

Safe travels!

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Does that mean Turdeau will support me here in Maui as I self quarantine? Might take another month.

Dunno if we're going to be airlifting people out of Maui. You might be on your own.

Posted (edited)

Update: Just learned that my upstairs neighbours who I share laundry with and have had close contact with have been sick for about a week now and the father has been running a very high fever. 

Maybe I’m paranoid but I think they should be self isolating but they haven’t been and have been working and going about there life as usual. And they failed to make me aware of this.

Edited by Petey40
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Update: Just learned that my upstairs neighbours who I share laundry with and have had close contact with have been sick for about a week now and the father has been running a very high fever. 

Maybe I’m paranoid but I think they should be self isolating but they haven’t been and have been working and going about there life as usual. And they failed to make me aware of this.

Awesome...

4 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

So when they go to determine if the conditional 1st for Miller is valid or not for this year do they just get the typical "object not set to the instance of an object" error?

I would love to see the additional details of that clause to determine how they handle it if the season is cancelled.  Maybe it's just as simple as the Canucks did not make the playoffs (Because they didn't exist) so it moves to next year. 

Wrong thread.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Honestly don't know what we're waiting for?

Many organizations are shutting their office doors.  I am part of the group at work responsible for this, and we have put it in place already.  Everybody has started to work from home if possible.  Not all companies can do this obviously so it will have an impact.  Flattening the curve to keep the health care providers from exceeding capacity is pretty key. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I have worn hazmat suits. It’s not fun. Very sweaty. 

Worst job I ever had was in my early 20's. I worked in a factory that manufactured picture plaques. For 2 hours every day I was in a room kept at 33 degrees in a hazmat suit applying epoxy resin. When you removed your gloves you could literally pour sweat out of them.

It wasn't until I quit that they told me that the acetone we used to clean up may cause bone cancer. Thanks guys.

59 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Likely it’s nothing, but (still) people can be such selfish bastards, can’t they? 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Likely it’s nothing, but (still) people can be such selfish bastards, can’t they? 

Agreed likely just the regular flu. But yeah I found the selfishness frustrating. 

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Agreed likely just the regular flu. But yeah I found the selfishness frustrating. 

Really, it comes down to us protecting ourselves the best we can.  How many people in 

China got the virus, 130,000 or so?  What’s their total population, 1.3 billion?  So way more than a billion Chinese people didn’t catch it.  Odds a very slim we come into contact with it.