CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Recommended Posts

On 3/16/2020 at 4:50 PM, FilthyRich said:

Melmackians have immunity though?  You could be the key to a vaccine!

Too bad we'd have to kill him in order to produce enough vaccine for us humans! We appreciate your sacrifice Alf!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

People should stop and think about what you just said. Reinflate! There is really no other option as the level of debt exceeds the ability to pay. Many people I talk to don’t have assets other than their homes so finance is something they don’t dwell on. What they don’t understand is the hidden tax of inflation. All their costs will increase. Imagine a 5 or 10% increase in your cost of living. That will be tame compared to what could happen. All politicians left or right bear responsibility for not explaining this scenario.

I believe it was you who said you push for schools to teach basic financial competence in schools. There is a reason they don't. They don't want people to question the system, They want to breed obedient mules for the purpose of taxation.

 

Watch the bond market and rates very carefully. The Japanese 10yr bond now has a positive yield. The powers that be are playing a very dangerous game. If inflation and increasing rates are the outcome it's game over. When you're trillions in debt you can't be paying 3,5,10% on that debt.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from the cambie liquor store (popped in there as I had an appointment nearby)...its mayhem....couldnt even buy goofy boxed wine as they were out.  Heard that they are shutting down the government liquor stores as of tomorrow.  Aint leaving my house for a long time now.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

A buddy of mine in the states said his gf's sister and her husband think this is all a big hoax. Just a conspiracy to limit freedoms. So they went to Vegas for his poker tournament. Then they're posting pics all over Facebook and Instagram of them tearing it up the clubs. Having a great time. Extolling people to live their lives and all this 'yolo' nonsense.

 

Guess what? They are home now and sick as dogs. Guess some people have to learn the hard way. Hope they didn't infect others but it's hard to see how they couldn't have.

Unfortunately, not everything that happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas....<_<

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Just got back from the cambie liquor store (popped in there as I had an appointment nearby)...its mayhem....couldnt even buy goofy boxed wine as they were out.  Heard that they are shutting down the government liquor stores as of tomorrow.  Aint leaving my house for a long time now.

I picked up some extra "supplies" last weekend in anticipation of just that....

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

i use it extremely rarely myself

but some just echo repeatedly the same stuff

and it does tire me

particularly on some trumpian issues

 

i simply refused to "clam:P

 

Revealing.

 

So you keep putting "them" in quotations like you're trying to make this something it's not.  It's not "us vs them" it's about lowering numbers and chances.  Not sure if you understand it as well as you think or how you're excluding yourself from the "some just echo".  

 

Here's a situation:  a guy has to go fill his elderly Dad's prescription...no one is in the store but a guy from WA state comes in and stands right behind him, coughing.  Turns out he has the virus but doesn't know it.  So it doesn't make a difference that that guy was in that place?  And if he wasn't "here" wouldn't have been?

 

You're basing this on us having complete control over what others do....some will stand too close.  Cough as they walk toward you (zig when they should zag because they're on their phone).   We can control what we do, not what "they" (others) do.

 

Every door handle that's touched has potential.  Elevator button.  So the more people that touch it, the more that increases.  It's simple math.

 

You're also sounding like every single person will get this - they won't.  So you're increasing the odds for some by putting people who don't live here in the equation unnecessarily.

 

I am at work and just checked in but it's funny that there are some "echoing" the same thing, yes.  Think about that.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milk and honey said:

Except there are more people in our country where we don't know who they were around and if they are sick or not unless we test them at boarders and airport. 

 

It makes sense that we shut the boarder. Not like we are the first country to do so either. Basically the whole world is on shut down mode. 

 

I'm not following the politics of this but why on earth would anyone want the boarders open? I totally get closing the boarders. 

are you more likely to take less precautions with someone who arrives by crossing the border?

if not

then they present no greater risk then anyone you might meet who is local

 

the virus does not change how it is transmitted depending on where people are from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Revealing.

 

So you keep putting "them" in quotations like you're trying to make this something it's not.  It's not "us vs them" it's about lowering numbers and chances.  Not sure if you understand it as well as you think or how you're excluding yourself from the "some just echo".  

 

Here's a situation:  a guy has to go fill his elderly Dad's prescription...no one is in the store but a guy from WA state comes in and stands right behind him, coughing.  Turns out he has the virus but doesn't know it.  So it doesn't make a difference that that guy was in that place?  And if he wasn't "here" wouldn't have been?

 

You're basing this on us having complete control over what others do....some will stand too close.  Cough as they walk toward you (zig when they should zag because they're on their phone).   We can control what we do, not what "they" (others) do.

 

Every door handle that's touched has potential.  Elevator button.  So the more people that touch it, the more that increases.  It's simple math.

 

You're also sounding like every single person will get this - they won't.  So you're increasing the odds for some by putting people who don't live here in the equation unnecessarily.

 

I am at work and just checked in but it's funny that there are some "echoing" the same thing, yes.  Think about that.

could just as easily be a person from vancouver standing behind him and coughing

not sure why the person from wa state is special?

 

if you have that level of concern

you should isolate yourself more

go shopping early when no one else is around

i am avoiding people and public places

it's just safer

Edited by coastal.view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that the concept of basic percentages is in question here. lol

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

could just as easily be a person from vancouver standing behind him and coughing

not sure why the person from wa state is special?

 

if you have that level of concern

you should isolate yourself more

go shopping early when no one else is around

i am avoiding people and public places

it's just safer

Maybe take a breather...we all know your stance on this by now.  

 

In my scenario it's NOT a person from Vancouver but that doesn't work for you so ignore it ...

 

I think you're enjoying this far more than others are so maybe just let it simmer awhile?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Maybe take a breather...we all know your stance on this by now.  

 

In my scenario it's NOT a person from Vancouver but that doesn't work for you so ignore it ...

 

I think you're enjoying this far more than others are so maybe just let it simmer awhile?

I think it's a lost cause trying to get a certain percentage of the population to understand exponential growth

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost all Math courses in BC now have a "financial literacy" section, and have had for a year or two. "Fake news" that schools do not teach about finance. How much is learned though, is a different topic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

are you more likely to take less precautions with someone who arrives by crossing the border?

if not

then they present no greater risk then anyone you might meet who is local

 

the virus does not change how it is transmitted depending on where people are from

The virus, however, is more prevalent when there are more people in an area. So, using basic math, if people come visiting BC (for whatever insane reason drives them to at this point) from Washington, they are adding themselves to a population already here. And they aren't having their temperature taken at the border either.

 

Adding people from an area where infections and deaths have already occurred is not the best idea at all. It's a bad idea. It's not about the individual, it's about the numbers. Like @inane said, arguing percentages makes zero sense.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wloutet said:

Almost all Math courses in BC now have a "financial literacy" section, and have had for a year or two. "Fake news" that schools do not teach about finance. How much is learned though, is a different topic!

High school? Because I was there a decade ago and they were still wasting your time with sine and cosine like anybody cares. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

 

not sure why the person from wa state is special?

 

 

EXACTLY...your own words.

 

They're not...so they should have to abide by the same "stay at home" rules we all are trying to....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

not sure why the person from wa state is special?

Perhaps because, the last time I looked Washington had the highest counts of confirmed cases of any US state. It's exploding there more than any other state in the US. Even more than New York or California. 

 

The odds someone coming through/from Washington have come in to contact with someone with the virus are higher than anywhere else in North America. Freely letting a higher risk population across our border, increases our risk and exposure.

 

That said, I doubt many people are even traveling right now but still, that they're still freely able to is a bit boggling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I picked up some extra "supplies" last weekend in anticipation of just that....

If I picked up "extra" supplies they'd already be exhausted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member