CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

9 hours ago, South Cariboo Canuck said:

Such an idiot!!

C02AF72B-6016-4B7C-8C3F-862344671770.png

We have too many emojis to choose from as it is, but if ever there was a time for a "Picard" upvote, this is it.

Amazing at how the 4D chess crowd can continue with that narrative when this dolt says things that this....:blink:

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

15 minutes ago, BPA said:

I don't know for sure since they are not eligible to get tested since they do not have breathing difficulties. 

They have taken their flu shots.  So unless the flu has mutated, then they most likely  have Covid-19. 

Have to remember the flu shot isn't the most effective shot in the world, its basically a guess from what Australia had the year before as to what our strain could be and many times it does mutate and is no longer effective.  Only about 2/3 of the shots actually help people but it does help keep the flu down for those who don't get it.

• Hydration 1

21 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I was out briefly this morning downtown, and was surprised by the amount of people outside. It wasn't crazy but definitely more than the last time I was out. I wasn't expecting anyone to be around. 

Of all the times in Vancouver to have a long stretch of sun. From a quarantine standpoint, it would actually be better if we had the typical long stretch of rain to keep people inside.

I'm guessing the seawall will be packed tomorrow if the weather is still beautiful. Especially with the messages to get out for walks and exercise. 

same thing in calgary yesterday..... wed and thursday was cold and snowy and the streets were empty. Yesterday was sunny and warm and everyone was out shopping, playing in the park, having picnics. It was a bit frustrating to see.... still a bit of the "  it wont happen to me " mentality

• Hydration 3

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Random questions...

Anyone growing a beard? spending all day in track pants? cracking the beverages a little early? etc..

bishopshodan ... all the above :)

Yep - pretty much business advice usual with the exception wearing PJs until noon instead of 10:00 o'clock or so...

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Random questions...

Anyone growing a beard? spending all day in track pants? cracking the beverages a little early? etc..

Not even trying to grow a beard, but there it is... Track pants, yup.... Replace "beverages" with coffee and weed, yuuuuup...

• Hydration 1

30 minutes ago, Russ said:

Have to remember the flu shot isn't the most effective shot in the world, its basically a guess from what Australia had the year before as to what our strain could be and many times it does mutate and is no longer effective.  Only about 2/3 of the shots actually help people but it does help keep the flu down for those who don't get it.

Well I guess my sister family got really bad luck as all 6 of them have symptoms. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

So if I am throwing up and sick and I believe  it’s the common flu, or maybe I just have a cough, I should not assume it’s covid-19 and proceed with how I would normally? Seems like you are giving advice or providing knowledge without thinking things through, that is dangerous. Maybe I’m wrong but what you said makes me shake my head.

I think you missed the part where he said "This doesn’t mean don’t self-isolate."

• Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Random questions...

Beard check.

Jogging pants check.

I opted for no booze (so far).

Protein shakes check. 

• Hydration 1

34 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Random questions...

Everything except the beard.....

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

All the best.

Spooky stuff. My brother -in-law was at the dental conference in Van that had covid. He is in isolation, he feels fine but my sister is sick. My mum in her 70's has had a upset stomach for a week, she never complains about anything so I am a bit concerned, They are all held up in the same household. My mum is spending her time working the phone to aid in scheduling emergency dental situations. 

For what it's worth, I don't think gastro-intestinal issues occur with COVID. I could be wrong though.

• Thanks 1

<_< Cocaine Mitch gotta Cocaine Mitch......

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/senate-struggles-to-finalize-trillion-dollar-stimulus-bill-as-economic-calamity-grows/ar-BB11ur59?li=AAggNb9

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) had hoped to clinch an agreement Friday night in order to ensure a vote Monday on the massive legislation that will allocate enormous sums of money to help individual Americans and businesses large and small that are getting clobbered by the coronavirus crisis. Negotiators now hope they are close enough to finalize an agreement on Saturday.

Agreement appeared near on one major issue -- how to structure direct payments to individuals in a way that would effectively flood the economy with hundreds of billions of dollars in cash. The bill McConnell originally released Thursday drew bipartisan criticism because many people would have gotten one-time payments of $1,200 but the poorest Americans -- those without federal tax liability -- would have gotten as little as $600.

FFS....stop dicking around....:mad:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

We're supposed to still wear pants?

Only in gatherings of 10 or more....

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, HI5 said:

Video quality of a Motorola Razr

Oh so it must be discredited then...

Are you taking this seriously at least?

Edited by Me_

58 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Random questions...

haha

well the cracking beverages early has been tempting

but have managed to avoid that so far

adding to this post

since i am here anyway

trump said he is not a supply clerk

so is not using the powers of his office to ensure ongoing ample medical supplies

contrast that to canada

where efforts are being made at the federal level to deal with supply chain issues

and furthermore

federal ministers are prepared to become sophisticated travel agents

in order to repatriate canadians who cannot get home from other countries

due to airlines not providing flights

and other countries closing their borders

but yeah

trump is not a travel agent either

what an ass

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Oh so it must be discredited then...