CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Knees and ankle are shredded from all the shedding in my glory days. The boy is out ripping up, but I can only skate parks/transitions now. Just pump around mostly. And I did promise the kids a trip to the skatepark tomorrow.

 

Venting on an anonymous board actually helped more than I thought.

I think it's because my brother and my friends are all going through similar $&!# so we're trying to be there, be strong for each other.

Might tell my brother I cried. Maybe

don't do it man, let him tell you he did first and then you can feel better bugging him about it :P

 

Sounds like you've got one a heck of a nice family there. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, coastal.view said:

but

how long is your hair now ??

 

(and by some deduction... you are around your 40th anniversary?  congrats!!)

Normal length, but all there and mostly white. And yes, it will be 41 years in April. Time flies, time flies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, luckylager said:

This $&!# sucks.

It's been a long damn time, but I had a full blown stress freak out today, so bad I had wet $&!# coming out my eyes and rolling down my cheeks.

 

To start, my parents had been stranded on Maui (poor things right) trying to get home for the last couple weeks, and they were totally stressed out, but they finally flew home today. 

Problem is, I come down with a cold on Wednesday. A regular old cold. Coughing, sneezing, flemmy, only slightly reduced energy levels, no fever, but in good conscience I couldn't go pick them up from the airport because on the off chance I have a mild case of COVID, I really, really don't want to kill my parents.

 

Then my father in law is forced to stay at the hospital after his dialysis treatment today... why? No good &^@#ing reason. They just want him in the hospital because he's got kidney failure. Great &^@#ing plan. 

My wife is crushed. None of us can go visit him because I have a cold and really feel terrible about it. Like really &^@#ing awful. Emotional pain.

Wife and kids may not get to see the man on his deathbed. &^@#. And he's a good man. The world would be a better place if there were more like him. Dammit all. I'm a mess

 

I've been laid off, temporarily, 75% pay for 2 weeks but with no timeframe for return to work, leaves me 3 weeks holiday pay.. so there's that too.

 

The only thing keeping me sane right now is I bought all the lumber and supplies I need to build a new fence last weekend, right before $&!# hit fan. So I've been keeping myself, and the kids busy, to some extent.

 

I'm also really sad for my kids. My youngest especially. She can't just go off skateboarding and practice her social distancing. It's like a prison for her.

This $&!# sucks.

 

I wish good health and happy days to you and all yours. This $&!# will go away, but man, doesn't ever &^@#ing suck

I feel for you - I suspect I am in your parents and fil age group and  life is f'n scarey. Lots of phone calls from you, your wife and the grandkids will go a long way.  I find I have to shut the TV off or watch something funny, Anything for a bit of mental relief. Get as much fresh air and sunshine (in your own back yard) as you can - viruses don't like UV rays.  We are all in this together. Each day look for the positives. Stay strong and know you aren't the only one going through this. A virtual hug for you and yours

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I'm so scared. I work at a homeless shelter in Calgary and have a 2 month old at home. Taking my parental leave ASAP.

  • Hydration 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Oh boy, did anyone see that teen girl in White Rock interviewed on global? She probably should have declined that one. 

 

Just now, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Oh boy, did anyone see that teen girl in White Rock interviewed on global? She probably should have declined that one. 

got a clip?

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Guess they find it more serious now than they did when they chose to go ahead with their vacations anyways

 

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Puerto Vallarta airport today:

 

 

115AB88E-74E9-4529-B6CC-3B9AD64315DF.jpeg

I don't want to defend this as acceptable but these are people who are clearly scared and most have no experience with knowing what to do in terms of social distancing.  In countries like Japan you wouldn't see this cause they are experienced at functioning in crowds and understand how easily things can spread.  I feel sorry for these people and point the finger at the officials for not taking control of this.   This is gov't and airport officials not acting as 'essential workers'. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, luckylager said:

This $&!# sucks.

It's been a long damn time, but I had a full blown stress freak out today, so bad I had wet $&!# coming out my eyes and rolling down my cheeks.

 

To start, my parents had been stranded on Maui (poor things right) trying to get home for the last couple weeks, and they were totally stressed out, but they finally flew home today. 

Problem is, I come down with a cold on Wednesday. A regular old cold. Coughing, sneezing, flemmy, only slightly reduced energy levels, no fever, but in good conscience I couldn't go pick them up from the airport because on the off chance I have a mild case of COVID, I really, really don't want to kill my parents.

 

Then my father in law is forced to stay at the hospital after his dialysis treatment today... why? No good &^@#ing reason. They just want him in the hospital because he's got kidney failure. Great &^@#ing plan. 

My wife is crushed. None of us can go visit him because I have a cold and really feel terrible about it. Like really &^@#ing awful. Emotional pain.

Wife and kids may not get to see the man on his deathbed. &^@#. And he's a good man. The world would be a better place if there were more like him. Dammit all. I'm a mess

 

I've been laid off, temporarily, 75% pay for 2 weeks but with no timeframe for return to work, leaves me 3 weeks holiday pay.. so there's that too.

 

The only thing keeping me sane right now is I bought all the lumber and supplies I need to build a new fence last weekend, right before $&!# hit fan. So I've been keeping myself, and the kids busy, to some extent.

 

I'm also really sad for my kids. My youngest especially. She can't just go off skateboarding and practice her social distancing. It's like a prison for her.

This $&!# sucks.

 

I wish good health and happy days to you and all yours. This $&!# will go away, but man, doesn't ever &^@#ing suck

That’s funny I ‘m in Maui and have been for a month. I could have flown home at anytime. Must have been AC because that airline is a waste of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

 

got a clip?

I tried man, I cant find it. It was about people ignoring social distancing in White Rock. They interviewed 3 teen girls walking together and as you might imagine exactly zero f@%#$ were given. I'll post the link if I can find it. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

 

got a clip?

Here it is. You have to watch till the end though. The sense of entitlement is strong with this one. Not sure which link works.

 

https://globalnews.ca/video/6714268/shaming-people-into-being-socially-responsible

 

https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/87979ed2-6be0-11ea-b5be-0242ac110002/?jwsource=cl

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I tried man, I cant find it. It was about people ignoring social distancing in White Rock. They interviewed 3 teen girls walking together and as you might imagine exactly zero f@%#$ were given. I'll post the link if I can find it. 

My sister lives in White Rock right by the hospital and said she was just shaking her head at the people out that direction.  Especially since white rock and peace arch is pretty elderly heavy, so shes afraid that hospital is going to be overwelmed there soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Here it is. You have to watch till the end though. The sense of entitlement is strong with this one. Not sure which link works.

 

https://globalnews.ca/video/6714268/shaming-people-into-being-socially-responsible

 

https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/87979ed2-6be0-11ea-b5be-0242ac110002/?jwsource=cl

You can’t fix stupid.

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Too bad you can't fine it, yet

We all know what is happening in Italy, 53 000 people have been fined for breaking the quarantine in the last 8-9 days.

Its a $222 ticket, I am afraid that we need more draconian measures.

 

When you are young you think nothing can happen to you as well as your brain has not fully developed yet.

In every war, 18 year old kids are the first ones to die because they have no fear.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

We all know what is happening in Italy, 53 000 people have been fined for breaking the quarantine in the last 8-9 days.

Its a $222 ticket, I am afraid that we need more draconian measures.

 

When you are young you think nothing can happen to you as well as your brain has not fully developed yet.

In every war, 18 year old kids are the first ones to die because they have no fear.

Parents have a role in this too

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Parents have a role in this too

Parents are too busy to pay attention to their kids.

Couple of weeks ago my oldest son attended hockey game with his school.
Majority of moms and dads were on their cell phones most of the time.

The ones sitting bellow us I could see their Facebook, Instagram etc.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

I think there might be some truth in a theory going around that it hits smokers harder, I know from personal experience that Chinese and Italians smoke a lot, but here in Sweden for example, there haven't been that many deaths relative to infections and I think that might have to do with smoking being not very common here, it's actually considered very rude to smoke in public and there's a stigma attached to people who do it.

 

Anyways, my question is, how much do people in Japan smoke and is it acceptable in public places? Restaurant?

A ton of people smoke in Japan. It's pretty commonplace there in public places. I didn't see it much in restaurants though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...