CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Posted (edited)

Johns Hopkins University says the confirmed number of Covid19 cases in the US has passed China

Thu 26 Mar 2020 20:58:37 GMT

Has the question on the veracity of the data out of China been settled?

That's a rhetorical question. John Hopkins is comparing the official figures, and I am not alone in doubting those from China. And the US went down the same path as China initially, denying there was a problem. Even now are testing in the US is behind. The number of cases will continue to skyrocket as more and more people are tested.

Anyway, that's the news from John Hopkins. China's People's Daily is quick to pick it up:

Has the question on the veracity of the data out of China been settled?

Edited by nuckin_futz

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

USA now the world leader....in Corvid cases

Lots of birds in the U.S for sure.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Hospitality. Our family owns and operates 4 hotels. Everyone else all over the province is hurting except for us up north. Thank god for the LNG pipeline atm.

I used to work in the industry. I fully understand what you are going through. I wish you nothing but the best.

Rough times. I've learned just how much I like to be outdoors after these past couple weeks of staying home.

Come play Rock Paper Scissors on CDC to take your mind off during this time of uncertainty :)

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I used to work in the industry. I fully understand what you are going through. I wish you nothing but the best.

Hotel and restaurant business is slowly approaching point of no return.

6 hours ago, Russ said:

Well they just announced the Quarantine Act and they said they will fine people etc.  Still Canada is so vast in size it'll be interesting to see if and how many people get fined who are caught not following the rules at this point.

Things will escalate.

In Italy, someone who has tested positive for coronavirus? Caught outside faces 5 years in jail. The army enforced lock down in China.  People are not being allowed to leave cruise ships here in Australia, In spite of / actually because of the fact there were positive cases on board. The ship argued they needed medical treatment. Did not matter. They presumed the 2700 on board had potential to impact 10,000 or more in the case of weeks. 

After one cruise ship was allowed to disembark last week in the single biggest contributor to Australian cases.  

As cases become known in various area's. They will be locked down. You will be locked down when it circulates in your neighborhood. Bet on it.

Penalties will get more severe.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)

no update at 3 today by Dr. Bonnie?

NVM!

Edited by Canuckster86

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Hands up if you're hoping it's Kadri....be honest....B)

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Lots of birds in the U.S for sure.

This one was started by crows instead of bats....

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

66 new cases today (725 total to date)

No new deaths today (thank goodness)

Cases are slightly higher than yesterday, but I think that is two straight days without a covid death in BC. No deaths is a small victory I'll gladly take.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

You clearly don't understand what's going on. Why don't you read a couple pages?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't you worry about me not understanding the situation.. I know full well how community outbreaks could've been prevented if we imposed the strictest isolation rule for all travellers coming into the country right from the get-go!!! 

Instead, no screening at airports.... people didn't give a damn about staying home with or without symptoms after they got back.... 

What else am I missing other than the obvious.... ?

Only 66 new cases.... I suppose it's a small win for us.... as long as we keep it below 100 on a consistent basis... but who knows how many more peeps will come up with symptoms severe enough to be eligible for testing....

I'd be in complete shock if we all get to talk Canucks games again in May! The season will get cancelled if no puck drop by mid-May.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Only 66 new cases.... I suppose it's a small win for us.... as long as we keep it below 100 on a consistent basis... but who knows how many more peeps will come up with symptoms severe enough to be eligible for testing....

I'd be in complete shock if we all get to talk Canucks games again in May! The season will get cancelled if no puck drop by mid-May.... 

Even if we're miraculously and relatively in the clear by May in Canada, the concerning thing is the 24 US teams that may not be quite ready by then...

• Thanks 2