CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Here's to living in the past.

so that makes it ok ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheAce said:

read this as well, it shows that even Liberal MP's were questioning things that were going on.....  people can make all the excuses they want, but Canada was very slow to act and political correctness was a key factor in the decision making

I thought that was actually the most interesting part.

@Jimmy McGill has said a few times he would like to see an inquiry when this over, might be a good read for him. Long though lol.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheAce said:

so that makes it ok ?

I find everything he posts is pretty useless, just sayin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, canuckfromlangley said:

The whole world should send China a bill to cover all costs.

Absolutely!!

Lying about it and hiding is disturbing af.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I thought that was actually the most interesting part.

@Jimmy McGill has said a few times he would like to see an inquiry when this over, might be a good read for him. Long though lol.

absolutely I want a full assessment. I'm pro-liberal but not at the cost of hiding info we need to know. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheAce said:

read this as well, it shows that even Liberal MP's were questioning things that were going on.....  people can make all the excuses they want, but Canada was very slow to act and political correctness was a key factor in the decision making

Pretty much every country was slow to react and no one is escaping this thing.

 

At least when they started taking the threat seriously they acted professionally and with purpose. We could be a lot worse off right now (See the UK and America)

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly really question YVR in this...they have done little to be proactive and, as the gateway to the country here on the West Coast, that's really not good enough.  

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Kids? Yes and grand kids.

 

Just Canada?  Not the world?

Let's be completely honest here.,

 

SOME leaders around the globe are certainly not listening to experts or doing the common sense thing at all.  Brazil, America and to a now lesser extent Britain all seemed or seem to be going against the grain in wildly counter productive ways

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit off topic but related.

 

Due to social distancing and reduced foot traffic in Downtown Vancouver,  there has been a sharp increase in store related thefts where thieves smash the display windows and steal stuff   Now stores have boarded up their windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Let's be completely honest here.,

 

SOME leaders around the globe are certainly not listening to experts or doing the common sense thing at all.  Brazil, America and to a now lesser extent Britain all seemed or seem to be going against the grain in wildly counter productive ways

Look at the difference between how China & Russia has handled things.  Two Orweillian governments to be sure....one is treating the situation seriously [belatedly...] and the other pretends it's not a problem at all.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Look at the difference between how China & Russia has handled things.  Two Orweillian governments to be sure....one is treating the situation seriously [belatedly...] and the other pretends it's not a problem at all.

After Brazilian president Bolsonaro's statements this week and Trumps insistence on opening the nation asap I am genuinely stunned

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, canuckfromlangley said:

The whole world should send China a bill to cover all costs.

so the usa

should pay the global costs for the spanish flu ?
 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

so the usa

should pay the global costs for the spanish flu ?
 

Exactly what I was thinking....

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I honestly really question YVR in this...they have done little to be proactive and, as the gateway to the country here on the West Coast, that's really not good enough.  

I think there's a couple of things at play there, they don't have the authority on their own to do anything but warn people. We also just don't have the capacity to enforce a protocol on every traveller, we have to rely on voluntary compliance. Every person coming home knows the situation. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

so the usa

should pay the global costs for the spanish flu ?
 

No sir.

 

They should pay everyone the costs for diabetes, obesity and education due to their shipping of fast food, processed foods and reality TV shows which have contributed to the loss of intelligence and increase of food related health issues.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

No sir.

 

They should pay everyone the costs for diabetes, obesity and education due to their shipping of fast food, processed foods and reality TV shows which have contributed to the loss of intelligence and increase of food related health issues.

well tally up a detailed invoice then

 

i think NewbieCanuckFan may be willing to present it to bone spurs

and look after all the collection details

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think there's a couple of things at play there, they don't have the authority on their own to do anything but warn people. We also just don't have the capacity to enforce a protocol on every traveller, we have to rely on voluntary compliance. Every person coming home knows the situation. 

I've seen other airports, though, that take temperatures before people are sent through.

 

I'm not sure about "not having authority" - I mean, they surely could put measures in place that "ensured" rather than "hoped" people were deemed safe.  If they have the authority to haul people in because they don't have enough money or a job and are "a risk" I really don't buy that they couldn't also screen better.  That's border security...so maybe my frustration is somewhat displaced.

 

Grocery stores have lines on the floor and policies in place.  Drugstores.  An airport should be trying harder ... but it is just my opinion.

 

Saw a post from a woman picking up her daughter and it's very concerning.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...