CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

You’ve literally listed countries that have had success by not following this failed testing policy. That’s how they’ve gotten their numbers down. If you’re not testing, you can’t track the spread. Period. 

https://nationalpost.com/news/with-covid-19-testing-criteria-restricted-in-canada-can-we-be-sure-we-are-flattening-the-curve

This is straight from your article...

“The numbers, in terms of the reported cases across the country, regardless of what country in the world one is talking about, will always represent an underestimate of what’s really out there,” said Peter Phillips, a clinical professor specializing in infectious diseases at the University of British Columbia.

In other words, BC is no different than any other country, state, or province in the world.  We are all underestimating, but BC's numbers are lower than many places on Earth.  

Edited by HKSR
  • Hydration 2

46 minutes ago, J-23 said:

And hell followed with him. 

• Hydration 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Kushman said:

I'm pretty close to just avoiding this forum until hockey comes back.

The amount of hate towards Trump and anyone that may support Trump is disgusting. Liberals claim to be tolerant, but it's become crystal clear that all you are tolerant of are opinions that mirror your own. Anyone that doesn't share the same viewpoint is labeled idiot, racist, xenophobe, insertword-phobe, etc. Anyone that didnt vote how you would of voted is immediately categorized as lesser. Trump derangement syndrome has never been stronger and has taken over this forum. I disagreed with Obama on almost every policy but never would i go out of my way to wish death upon him like some of the posters have on this forum. Nor did I ever attack him or anyone that voted for him with the hate that is seen here (I'm sure I would of been banned if I wrote half the stuff about Obama that you guys do about trump)

/rant. See you when hockey returns. This place has become more toxic than the actual virus we are all trying to get through.

Leaving the battlefield in ignominy . Here’s a little something to see you off46994D78-2DD2-41FF-969F-459A6A1E5F7D.thumb.jpeg.4cb4d069bef3f8e972529fd1e073c364.jpeg

Edited by PistolPete13

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Idiots don’t murder, psychopaths do.

Sad story but if this person wasn’t going to kill these people they likely would have killed someone else.

I can promise you that the first half of that sentence is wrong. If you think only persons with psychopathy murder, you're going to miss out on a very large proportion of people involved in homicide.

Edited by Down by the River
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I get the sense this is what he used to tell his girlfriends about his STDs. 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Dungass said:

This is a bit of a cop out.  Yes the Chinese initially covered up the virus, but by the third week of January they had locked down an entire province of 60 million.  After the virus had moved to Iran, the WHO began ringing the alarm bell, quite loud and clear.  

Look, I think Republicans have a right to feel aggrieved by the Left.  Trump was not the only leader to be behind the curve on this thing.  Virtually every country in the world, with the exception of a few East Asian states have been.  However, Trump's penchant for gross hyperbole, his tendency to double-down on previous statements, do complete 180 on policy positions and then back again, and above all, his crass obsession with re-election, make him an easy target for everyone of all political stripes, outside of the US.  

By just about any metric, the United States is faring the worst of any country in this crisis.  The leadership that the Trump administration has been a haphazard catastrophe.  This is a significant part of the reason the country finds itself the mess it is currently in.

Nice reasoned, grounded, well thought out and delivered post!

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

man

what a freak show

how do i donate to this ministry?

they are gonna rid us of covid19 and get us a vaccine?

why do we need a vaccine?  unless the ridding of covid19 does not work?

if the ridding does not work, why would anyone believe the vaccine would ?

it's a conundrum

:bigblush:

Edited by coastal.view
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, HKSR said:

This is straight from your article...

“The numbers, in terms of the reported cases across the country, regardless of what country in the world one is talking about, will always represent an underestimate of what’s really out there,” said Peter Phillips, a clinical professor specializing in infectious diseases at the University of British Columbia.

In other words, BC is no different than any other country, state, or province in the world.  We are all underestimating, but BC's numbers are lower than many places on Earth.  

Perhaps numbers are lower in BC because not enough people are being tested.   Other doctors and  people have complained on TV they were not tested for COVID19 even though they had all the symptoms of covid19.  And these people are sent home to self quarantine and infecting other family members.

44 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I can promise you that the first half of that sentence is wrong. If you think only persons with psychopathy murder, you're going to miss out on a very large proportion of people involved in homicide.

I don’t mean a clinical psychopath but rather someone who already has several screws loose.

Normal people don’t just go out and murder because the president says some stuff on tv.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Perhaps numbers are lower in BC because not enough people are being tested.   Other doctors and  people have complained on TV they were not tested for COVID19 even though they had all the symptoms of covid19.  And these people are sent home to self quarantine and infecting other family members.

you think there is a different outcome if a test is given

and it comes back positive?
they are sent back home no matter the result

where do you think they should be going ?

what do you think the purpose of a test is ?
i really think you do not understand

symptoms can be enough for a solid diagnosis

a test is not required for that sole purpose

Edited by coastal.view
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’d laugh if this assclown gets the virus. 

Those two clowns should join the WWE. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t mean a clinical psychopath but rather someone who already has several screws loose.

Normal people don’t just go out and murder because the president says some stuff on tv.

Agreed. But I think people with screws loose can use what they hear/perceive to justify, for example, even more extreme behavior than what they would normally engage in. Not saying that this is definitely what happened here, just that its possible that this person might not have stabbed a toddler. 

31 minutes ago, DonLever said:

How is this any different than the majority of places on this planet right now? Every country, state, and province are in the same predicament.

Heck, even within our nation, BC is testing more than other provinces that are seeing much higher cases:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/6752239/coronavirus-ontario-behind-covid-19-testing/amp/

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Straight out of horses mouth about the so called Democratic hoax, 2.28.20

When Clinton lied nobody died, when GWB lied lot of people died.

Who knows how many will die because of Trumps incompetence.

“Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus,” Trump said. “They have no clue, they can't even count their votes in Iowa.”“This is their new hoax,” Trump continued.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-calls-coronavirus-democrats-new-hoax-n1145721

To be fair, that video was on Feb. 28, since then he has changed his tune.

Trump is a wingnut for sure, saying crazy things but every western country did squat until the WHO declared COVID19 a pandemic.   

Canada was slow to react as people continued to stream into Canada without checks until a couple of weeks ago.   Too late, the horse had left the barn as they say.

33 minutes ago, DonLever said:

There are a finite amount of tests. It is my understanding that some health authorities aren't testing if they are confident in the diagnosis and thus saving a test for another case to confirm or rule out a diagnosis, furthermore they are probably not testing the majority of people who show 'mild' symptoms. I have heard of people being picked up by ambulance and requiring the ventilator on the ambulance until they can transfer them straight to a ventilator in the hospital, but they won't use a test on that person. Just through the grapevine so take that for what it is worth but it seems that the general consensus is that our reported numbers aren't a true representation of the total number of cases as they can only report positive tests. Less tests = less confirmed cases.