CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

2 hours ago, HI5 said:

Heard N95 is useless if not fit tested.

No, they are not useless.  The ones I have are adjustable to fit your face as close as possible.  The difference between N95 masks is the thickness.  N95 masks are really thick and made of heavy duty material.  The blue medical masks you see people are made of paper and pretty porous.

• Hydration 1

7 new cases in ireland. Spreading fast. Only way to stop it is to start taking it seriously. 

Yes perhaps right now the mortality rate is “low”, but one loved one lost can change a family. 

Take it seriously for the people that are in danger from the virus, if not for yourself. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, riffraff said:

Are you truly scared right now?

Yes I am. So should you 

8 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

um....  you realize that corona viruses are a family of flu viruses? what do you think it is?

no, we are not stupid for not panicking. Thats the right thing to do when facing a major problem. 

Do you really think places like the BC Centre for Disease control is just there to spread misinformation? 

A family of sars not flu. 

8 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Yes I am. So should you 

Nope.

sorry but I’ll never live my life in fear.

It makes no sense to wake up and go to sleep scared about something beyond your control.

be smart, stay safe, live proactively.

its times of adversity when you need to be clear and think properly.  For yourself and for those whom you are responsible for.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Nope.

It makes no sense to wake up and go to sleep scared about something beyond your control.

its times of adversity when you need to be clear and think properly.  For yourself and for those whom you are responsible for.

Thats all you can really do.  Wash your hands, be smart with what your doing in public, keep things sanitary, but don't go overboard.  Its like the people who want to put on purell every 30 seconds.  Well if your doing it that often your going to kill a lot of good bacteria too and in turn make yourself vulnerable to just sickness in general.

But at the end of the day you just have to be smart with what you do, if you get it then thats one thing and unless your old with a bad immune system you should be fine, but chances are you don't and won't get it and you'll be fine doing things every day.

• Hydration 1

8 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I dont get your point? so you want to make it sound like its nothing? I guess the spanish flu was just like any normal flu except it killed 50 million people which is about 2-3% of the world population during that era. I guess 50 million is also just another number. The problem why it will spread even faster is because there are lots of ignorant people that might not take precaution or take this seriously. I mean if its just another flu, maybe you should visit Wuhan or Tehran. The virus is more deadlier than a typical flu and stats back this up. 

wow you really captured my point. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Nope.

bingo. Calm down, be safe, think about what you're doing, particularly if you have elderly people in your life. 

This whole conspiracy theory/freak out/anger thing going on is a result of this being the 1st near-pandemic in the social media age. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

bingo. Calm down, be safe, think about what you're doing, particularly if you have elderly people in your life. 

This whole conspiracy theory/freak out/anger thing going on is a result of this being the 1st near-pandemic in the social media age. 

Exactly Jimmy.

everyone needs step back and look at what influence social media has on their lives.  It is so critical imo.  But for some reason it seems that people can’t help themselves and by that I mean - discern what is real and what gains momentum through the internet.  

anyways.  I could go on and on about that as an entirely different topic. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Exactly Jimmy.

everyone needs step back and look at what influence social media has on their lives.  It is so critical imo.  But for some reason it seems that people can’t help themselves and by that I mean - discern what is real and what gains momentum through the internet.  

social media is worse than the schoolyard, and our lazy mainstream media doesn't do much better. 

Canada has been commended for our system, particularly our ability to run down cases and determine who needs to be isolated, etc. We do that well and quickly. We also don't fan the flames with misinformation or over-react. So many people are calling for "action" like the quarantines they're seeing in other countries, but all that does is scare people and they don't report they're sick, and then go out and infect even more people.

Our healthcare experts know what they're doing, lets let them do their jobs. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

social media is worse than the schoolyard, and our lazy mainstream media doesn't do much better. 

Canada has been commended for our system, particularly our ability to run down cases and determine who needs to be isolated, etc. We do that well and quickly. We also don't fan the flames with misinformation or over-react. So many people are calling for "action" like the quarantines they're seeing in other countries, but all that does is scare people and they don't report they're sick, and then go out and infect even more people.

Our healthcare experts know what they're doing, lets let them do their jobs. 

My best friend of over 30 years is in Ottawa working with Health Canada.

if it goes sideways I will slander him on Twitter.:lol:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Exactly Jimmy.

Presented without commentary................

Facebook Worker in Seattle is Diagnosed With the Coronavirus

Facebook Inc. said a Seattle worker has been diagnosed with the coronavirus, the first known infection within the company as the pathogen continues to spread in the region.

The employee, a contractor, was last in Facebook’s Stadium East office in Seattle on Feb. 21. The company alerted employees Wednesday night and said the Seattle office will be closed to all employees until March 9. Employees in Seattle are also being encouraged to work from home until the end of the month.

“A contractor based in our Stadium East office has been diagnosed with the COVID-19,” a company spokesperson said in a statement. “We’ve notified our employees and are following the advice of public health officials to prioritize everyone’s health and safety.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-05/facebook-says-employee-in-seattle-diagnosed-with-coronavirus

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Presented without commentary................

Facebook Worker in Seattle is Diagnosed With the Coronavirus

Facebook Inc. said a Seattle worker has been diagnosed with the coronavirus, the first known infection within the company as the pathogen continues to spread in the region.

The employee, a contractor, was last in Facebook’s Stadium East office in Seattle on Feb. 21. The company alerted employees Wednesday night and said the Seattle office will be closed to all employees until March 9. Employees in Seattle are also being encouraged to work from home until the end of the month.

“A contractor based in our Stadium East office has been diagnosed with the COVID-19,” a company spokesperson said in a statement. “We’ve notified our employees and are following the advice of public health officials to prioritize everyone’s health and safety.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-05/facebook-says-employee-in-seattle-diagnosed-with-coronavirus

****waiting for people to close their FB accounts en masse****

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

Nope.

+ survival of the fittest

some of us know how to take care of ourselves

• Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

****waiting for people to close their FB accounts en masse****

I'm totally going to PM virus to you

6 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I'm totally going to PM virus to you

Haha, jokes on you, Shifty....

I'm not going to open it....:P

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Haha, jokes on you, Shifty....

I'm not going to open it....:P

what if I promise noods?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

what if I promise noods?

Meh. The "spank bank" account is already overdrawn.....

Couldn't believe some nut was hoarding toilet paper at the S. Surrey Save-On the other day.  Then she had the audacity to cut in line at the service desk and demanded they check the back for more stock, she then asked for a rain check.  Like wtf is wrong with people - and why toilet paper?  That's last on my list.  Anyone remember the 'Y2k' episode of King of the Hill where Bobby starts to panic at the store 

Hank:  BOBBY, YOU'RE NOT ALL HEPPED UP ON THIS Y2K HO-HAW, ARE YOU?

Bobby: I JUST SAW A MAN WHEELING 300 ROLLS OF TRIPLE-PLY AND IT MADE ME UNEASY.

Hank: THAT MAN IS A NUT JOB.

Again, why is it always toilet paper?

I LIVE IN A SHACK.
I POOP IN AN OUTHOUSE.
I EAT WHAT I KILL.
LET THE GRID GO DOWN, LORD.
I DON'T NEED IT.

30 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

what if I promise noods?

friend share GIF

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2