CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

So even if the playoffs resume before then the Flames won't be playing home games, that could be a crack in the NHL's hopes of continuing the season. 

PLAYOFFS???

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

So even if the playoffs resume before then the Flames won't be playing home games, that could be a crack in the NHL's hopes of continuing the season. 

I think Toronto did this as well... but I wonder if a game can be classified as an "event" if nobody is permitted to attend.

 

It is all probably moot because I don't expect hockey to be back. 

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

+ Tanev and a 1st

Then:

 

USA

Alberta

Tanev

1st

 

CAN

Washington

Oregon or Alaska

Maine

 

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Me_ said:

Too much.

 

Then:

 

USA

Alberta

Tanev

1st

 

CAN

Washington

Oregon or Alaska

Maine

I’m gonna need the smartest southern state for bbq purposes

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Don't they already? 

Granted I am not a big Trudeau fan either but I think they've done a pretty thorough job of keeping this to a minimum

I guess so. But then you have to ask yourself why are we paying Amazon to deliver $&!# in Canada? Bezos can go &^@# himself with a rusty hot poker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I’m gonna need the smartest southern state for bbq purposes

Will Hawaii do?

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Toews said:

I guess so. But then you have to ask yourself why are we paying Amazon to deliver $&!# in Canada? Bezos can go &^@# himself with a rusty hot poker.

Extreme capitalism is a disease. Always looking to make a buck even if it means life and death of people. Pay me or go die. The almighty dollar is an extremist god and it corrupts so easily..

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Strategic reserves were supposed to be established after SARs. The Germans and French cut off ventilator shipments to Italy weeks ago. You can imagine the rage if JT shipped a bunch of ventilators to China. Just demonstrates that countries will take care of their own when required. 

except we had a negotiated deal to support each other. But Trump doesn't care about that kind of thing. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Toews said:

I guess so. But then you have to ask yourself why are we paying Amazon to deliver $&!# in Canada? Bezos can go &^@# himself with a rusty hot poker.

reality is they have more reach than Canada Post. Its a matter of need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

except we had a negotiated deal to support each other. But Trump doesn't care about that kind of thing. 

Apparently neither did the Germans or French in the case of Italy. The apex of this thing hasn't even hit yet. As I said people will take care of their own first.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3M's response to Trump's order to stop selling mask to Canada and Latin America. 

 

The company, which calls itself a critical supplier of the masks around the world, says there would be "significant humanitarian implications" to acceding to the U.S. demand to limit exports to Canada and Latin America.

 

"In addition, ceasing all export of respirators produced in the United States would likely cause other countries to retaliate and do the same, as some have already done," 3M said in a statement Friday.

"If that were to occur, the net number of respirators being made available to the United States would actually decrease. That is the opposite of what we and the administration, on behalf of the American people, both seek."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Apparently neither did the Germans or French in the case of Italy. The apex of this thing hasn't even hit yet. As I said people will take care of their own first.  

we were supposed to be in that category. I could certainly see this being the end of the EU, I mean why bother with it if its every one for themselves when the $&!# hits the fan?

 

But the bright side of all this is hopefully it injects stimulus spending into our medical device manufacturing sector. And many others too. We have all the skills and tools to be self-sufficient in these things, just haven't had the political will to invest in them. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Extreme capitalism is a disease. Always looking to make a buck even if it means life and death of people. Pay me or go die. The almighty dollar is an extremist god and it corrupts so easily..

Capitalism the way it was intended is a great system. Capitalism with the taxpayer as a backstop is complete and utter bullsh**. Capitalism says the price you pay for bad decision making is ultimately bankruptcy. If you remove that from the equation you create a situation of "heads I win, tails you lose". Then there is no deterrent to unbridled greed. Nothing to keep it in check. When it is allowed to run wild it is an ugly thing indeed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Any wish for pro sports to resume this year’s season isn’t at all realistic.

 

I say mid-September training camp is the earliest we see live hockey.

I def agree, at this point I'd be extremely surprised to see hockey before September. If in September at all if Covid comes back on the same cycle the flu does. 

24 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I think Toronto did this as well... but I wonder if a game can be classified as an "event" if nobody is permitted to attend.

 

It is all probably moot because I don't expect hockey to be back. 

That's a good question.

 

And I feel that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Fair deal?

 

USA

Alberta
 

CAN

Maine

Washington

 

No, I think this is better:

 

USA:

Alberta

Ontario

Quebec

 

CAN:

Washington

Oregon

California

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Capitalism the way it was intended is a great system. Capitalism with the taxpayer as a backstop is complete and utter bullsh**. Capitalism says the price you pay for bad decision making is ultimately bankruptcy. If you remove that from the equation you create a situation of "heads I win, tails you lose". Then there is no deterrent to unbridled greed. Nothing to keep it in check. When it is allowed to run wild it is an ugly thing indeed.

government should regulate and tax. period. Let the companies come and go naturally. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

PLAYOFFS???

Sports???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...