CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

It's not  the time in creating it as much as it's in the trials and tests to ensure it's safe/effective from what I gather.  

Thanks Deb. That's what I was thinking but I also thought they would start letting some attempts fly in these desperate times already. Perhaps, and now that I think about it they most likely already are.

• Thanks 1

The US now with 25% of all the worlds reported cases. 

8 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Way too many people on the planet. 

Yeah im looking at you china and india. 

If we don’t make serious choices for population control, She will do it for us.

• Hydration 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, wloutet said:

I wonder if car crash fatalities are going down as we aren't driving as much.

For all the concern of the cure being worse than the disease, there absolutely could be many, many silver lining positives that come out of overreacting: car crash fatalities down; better personal hygiene practices/awareness, which could end up saving even more lives from things like the flu; more family time; teleworking innovation; market corrections, such as housing; air pollution going down; better food safe practices in wet markets, maybe even closing down such markets; better health care preparedness and economic support; Trump not being re-elected.

Who knows? 

Edited by Jester13
  • Hydration 1

13 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Who knows? 

CA264837-FC01-4E5F-9DF6-3B01AB7E76EA.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kurtis said:

China has the other 50%. They just aren't telling us this.

That’s why I said “reported”

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's not  the time in creating it as much as it's in the trials and tests to ensure it's safe/effective from what I gather.  

don't want to end up with a problem straight from Will Smith's "I Am Legend"

Edited by gurn

43 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

a perfectly fit N95 would stop you from breathing it in. But is can still be all over you, so you still have to wash properly, etc. Unless you plan on wearing it 24/7. 

Gotcha.  My understanding is that n95 will be available to medical workers on the front lines only

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

don't want to end up with a problem straight from Will Smith's "I Am Legend"

Those were fast frickin Zombies.

Don't like those ones.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah, it's getting out of hand there. I would really love to see a complete numerical breakdown, per country, per capita, average comparison. How many people die in NY everyday, probably more than Canada? Most of us don't think about the sheer number of people that die everyday in the world. There are like 7 billion people out there.

If memory serves the annual death rate in the USA is about 1.5%. 

To date the death rate has not exceeded the normal death rate during a regular flu season. 

The question might be whether it would be worse if these extraordinary precautions hadn't been taken? You would have to think so.  

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If memory serves the annual death rate in the USA is about 1.5%. 

To date the death rate has not exceeded the normal death rate during a regular flu season. 

The question might be whether it would be worse if these extraordinary precautions hadn't been taken? You would have to think so.  

It would be nice if they differentiate between deaths with covid 19 and deaths because of it.

• Hydration 1

29 new cases

Total 1,203

554 VCH

424 FH

76 Van Island

128 Interior

21 North

1 new long term care/seniors home outbreak (23 total now) - Fraser Health area

149 people in hospital

68 in ICU

704 fully recovered

3 new deaths.   :(

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Canorth said:

The US now with 25% of all the worlds reported cases. 

What value does that number have? It is practically meaningless. With much certainty we know that China and Russia have understated their infection rate. Many countries don't have any ability to collect data. Most countries don't do anything close to universal testing. We have no real idea of how many people in Canada or the USA have C19.

Michael Campbell's show had interesting points. 7 million people left Wuhan province during January of this year. WHO stood by two critical assumptions; a) Border barriers would not work b) masks would not work. As it turns out this has blown up in their faces. Experience in S. Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and HongKong have proved otherwise. There is now a global petition to remove the head of the WHO. Canada has followed the WHO thru this entire emergency. 

Our neighbor grows asparagus and depends on Mexican labor to pick it. He contacted the Canadian government who said he could bring in Mexican pickers again this year. The Mexican government said no. People continue to arrive in Canada with no mandatory isolation and no testing. 

Fake News: CBS broadcast scenes from what was presented as a NYC hospital but was in fact an Italian hospital. Graphic scenes for shock value.  

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Our neighbor grows asparagus and depends on Mexican labor to pick it. He contacted the Canadian government who said he could bring in Mexican pickers again this year. The Mexican government said no. People continue to arrive in Canada with no mandatory isolation and no testing. 

This is absolutely shocking!  Our Government is lying to us if this is the case.  "Doing everything to protect Canadians"?  It seems not if this is true.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yup.........they have to be 100% sure it doesn't make it worse.  The fast track timeline for a vaccine is 14-18 months

Edited by stawns
  • Thanks 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

This is absolutely shocking!  Our Government is lying to us if this is the case.  "Doing everything to protect Canadians"?  It seems not if this is true.

To be fair I don't know how old this info is. In a normal season picking would start by mid April but it has been wet. They did check out the Mexican community in Kelowna that works at a nursery but that was the one that was hit by C19. 

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

man this thread....gone to $&!#!

Agreed.

One poster on here seems to think they know it all and post every 3 minutes...blocked..