CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Recommended Posts

Dr. Bonnie NOT expressing a lot of confidence in the process (airport, etc.) of Canadians returning and having things completely in place.  "Working with the Federal Gov't" but they're starting to arrive...so YVR get your act together.  Now.  No...yesterday.

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

What value does that number have? It is practically meaningless. With much certainty we know that China and Russia have understated their infection rate. Many countries don't have any ability to collect data. Most countries don't do anything close to universal testing. We have no real idea of how many people in Canada or the USA have C19.

 

Michael Campbell's show had interesting points. 7 million people left Wuhan province during January of this year. WHO stood by two critical assumptions; a) Border barriers would not work b) masks would not work. As it turns out this has blown up in their faces. Experience in S. Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and HongKong have proved otherwise. There is now a global petition to remove the head of the WHO. Canada has followed the WHO thru this entire emergency. 

 

Our neighbor grows asparagus and depends on Mexican labor to pick it. He contacted the Canadian government who said he could bring in Mexican pickers again this year. The Mexican government said no. People continue to arrive in Canada with no mandatory isolation and no testing. 

 

Fake News: CBS broadcast scenes from what was presented as a NYC hospital but was in fact an Italian hospital. Graphic scenes for shock value.  

 

52 minutes ago, Canorth said:

That’s why I said “reported”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

What value does that number have? It is practically meaningless. With much certainty we know that China and Russia have understated their infection rate. Many countries don't have any ability to collect data. Most countries don't do anything close to universal testing. We have no real idea of how many people in Canada or the USA have C19.

 

Michael Campbell's show had interesting points. 7 million people left Wuhan province during January of this year. WHO stood by two critical assumptions; a) Border barriers would not work b) masks would not work. As it turns out this has blown up in their faces. Experience in S. Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and HongKong have proved otherwise. There is now a global petition to remove the head of the WHO. Canada has followed the WHO thru this entire emergency. 

 

Our neighbor grows asparagus and depends on Mexican labor to pick it. He contacted the Canadian government who said he could bring in Mexican pickers again this year. The Mexican government said no. People continue to arrive in Canada with no mandatory isolation and no testing. 

 

Fake News: CBS broadcast scenes from what was presented as a NYC hospital but was in fact an Italian hospital. Graphic scenes for shock value.  

These are the experts I was told to believe by cdc posters.

Edited by riffraff
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

To be fair I don't know how old this info is. In a normal season picking would start by mid April but it has been wet. They did check out the Mexican community in Kelowna that works at a nursery but that was the one that was hit by C19. 

That nursery is a case of the system working.  They isolated them as soon as they got here and symptoms showed in isolation.

 

I am deeply engrained with farmers who use foreign labour exclusively in the okanagan.  Many of them are friends of mine

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This is absolutely shocking!  Our Government is lying to us if this is the case.  "Doing everything to protect Canadians"?  It seems not if this is true.

That's a lie.  Foreign workers must undergo 14 day isolation as soon as they get here

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Why is it supposed to take so long for a vaccine? My physiology classes and such were quite awhile ago but I thought all they would have to do was obtain antibodies from those who survived, and create those synthetically. Can't we speed this up with "everybody", working on it? Excuse my ignorance please.

I'm not 100% sure either but I think a lot of it has to do with testing.  Gotta make sure it works before sending it out to the masses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Dr. Bonnie NOT expressing a lot of confidence in the process (airport, etc.) of Canadians returning and having things completely in place.  "Working with the Federal Gov't" but they're starting to arrive...so YVR get your act together.  Now.  No...yesterday.

My friend worked at YVR until about two weeks ago. He said it was so disorganized that he sure caught it. People would arrive, get their luggage, and get out.

 

No one telling anyone what to do upon arrival. Not necessarily chaos as mush as it was no plan.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's a lie.  Foreign workers must undergo 14 day isolation as soon as they get here

 

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

My friend worked at YVR until about two weeks ago. He said it was so disorganized that he sure caught it. People would arrive, get their luggage, and get out.

 

No one telling anyone what to do upon arrival. Not necessarily chaos as mush as it was no plan.

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If memory serves the annual death rate in the USA is about 1.5%. 

To date the death rate has not exceeded the normal death rate during a regular flu season. 

The question might be whether it would be worse if these extraordinary precautions hadn't been taken? You would have to think so.  

Nicely said Boudrias, really makes it tough to speculate. Thanks for the response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stawns said:

Gotcha.  My understanding is that n95 will be available to medical workers on the front lines only

As long as there is a shortage, yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, riffraff said:

 

 

I know at least ten farmers who use temp foreign workers, every one of them went into immediate isolation 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I know at least ten farmers who use temp foreign workers, every one of them went into immediate isolation 

Good to hear.  Farmers need as much support as possible.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.

The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.

If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.

Only people who provide essential services and truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods are exempt from the isolation requirements.

Quote
  • Agriculture and aquaculture workers and support service workers including those who field crops; those responsible fuel ethanol facilities, storage facilities, and other agricultural inputs
  • Workers undertaking traditional harvesting activities

^ Essential Service.  So that leaves me wondering if they really do "have to" or not?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, riffraff said:

I’ve already said.

 

gvts are making decision based on inconclusive science.

 

quit the bs and pay attention 

What are your qualifications in making the statement governments are making decisions on inconclusive science?  

 

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That fact that we only had 29 new cases seems like a good thing but is it realistic to the situation? There is confirmed cases and what’s actually out there. I hope BC is doing well but it seems maybe too good to be true. I still see my grocery store packed with people everyday so if the virus is indeed really out there people would definitely be getting sick. Are we testing enough? I would say the answer to that is no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Haha...good one pal.

 

Hey WORLD....THIS ANONYMOUS INTERNET POSTER SAYS GOVERNMENTS ARE MAKING BAD DECISIONS...

 

You are hilarious. 

 

What are your qualifications in making the statement governments are making decisions on inconclusive science?  Really, what are they?

 

Get over yourself.  :picard:

Um.  Well I have no qualifications.

 

i guess that’s why I made my statement and then supported said statement with countless scientific references and direct quotes made by those who are qualified.

 

so I’ll just assume you haven’t bothered to read any of it.

 

do you even read?

 

if you don’t I have also posted a video with Dr. bahkdi. I’d say he is qualified.

 

 

Edited by riffraff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member