CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

My dude:

 

EU2tWKpWoAIGqCD?format=jpg&name=900x900

Those metal tanks can get heavy, especially out of water. As a firefighter I loved it when we switched to carbon fiber tanks.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

How are those Chinese numbers holding up now? Still 2%? Ya, keep towing that line 'child'. 

you seem to like putting out sensationalistic info and fake numbers. It needs to stop, its not going anyone any good. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This whole 3M mask business, I think someone should draw a picture with crayons to Trump.

N95 mask needs melt blown non woven polypropylene, most of it is produced in China.

Chinese use reicofil machine supplied by Reifenhauser group from Germany.

Also assembly and calibration take very long time.

 

 

 

Edited by CBH1926

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

This whole 3M mask business, I think someone who should draw a picture with crayons to Trump.

N95 mask needs melt blown non woven polypropylene, most of it is produced in China.

Chinese use reicofil machine supplied by Reifenhauser group from Germany.

Also assembly and calibration take very long time.

 

 

 

ACTUALLY

 

Amazingly enough, the pulp fibre used in the N95 masks only comes from one place, in the entire world.  That place is Nanaimo BC's Harmac Pacific Mill.

 

At any point in time that pipeline could get cut off, as the other materials for the masks can in fact be found but that pulp fibre...not so much

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

This whole 3M mask business, I think someone who should draw a picture with crayons to Trump.

N95 mask needs melt blown non woven polypropylene, most of it is produced in China.

Chinese use reicofil machine supplied by Reifenhauser group from Germany.

Also assembly and calibration take very long time.

Unfortunately, this assumes that Trump cares about facts and reason....

 

....this move is based on one thing: optics. Trump wants it to appear as though he's "putting America first". Even if the measure is completely useless, he knows his base will be suckered, just like they always are. Heck, we've even had a couple of Canadians here, trying to make the same idiotic case, although they seem to have backed off a bit, since facts like you and Hippy point out above, have started to become known.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

 

I look forward to the day Canada grows some backbone. 

I hear the US has a leader with some chutzpah.  Some backbone.  A real go getter.  Decisive.  The best leader in the history of man kind even.  Some might say, a stable genius

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Unfortunately, this assumes that Trump cares about facts and reason....

 

....this move is based on one thing: optics. Trump wants it to appear as though he's "putting America first". Even if the measure is completely useless, he knows his base will be suckered, just like they always are. Heck, we've even had a couple of Canadians here, trying to make the same idiotic case, although they seem to have backed off a bit, since facts like you and Hippy point out above, have started to become known.

The moment that story hit.  I was more than saddened by the people who stood up and said they wished Canada had a leader that was doing something for its people.  But also immediately asked when people were getting their CERB assistance cheques.

 

Wishing canada had a strong leader.  Ignoring the mess America's Strong Leader has put their nation in to.

 

It's genuinely sad how some people will believe literally anything.

 

hell the amount of Corona virus was created to help 5G kill people conspiracy posts is almost overwhelming

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

ACTUALLY

 

Amazingly enough, the pulp fibre used in the N95 masks only comes from one place, in the entire world.  That place is Nanaimo BC's Harmac Pacific Mill.

 

At any point in time that pipeline could get cut off, as the other materials for the masks can in fact be found but that pulp fibre...not so much

From what I have read N95 doesn’t use pulp fiber or K10s, but surgical masks and gowns do.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

The moment that story hit.  I was more than saddened by the people who stood up and said they wished Canada had a leader that was doing something for its people.  But also immediately asked when people were getting their CERB assistance cheques.

 

Wishing canada had a strong leader.  Ignoring the mess America's Strong Leader has put their nation in to.

 

It's genuinely sad how some people will believe literally anything.

 

hell the amount of Corona virus was created to help 5G kill people conspiracy posts is almost overwhelming

It's pure partisanship. Trudeau has done as well as can be expected.

 

The fact that us "lefties" have been consistent in praising Doug Ford's response, I think shows that at least some of us are able to put aside partisanship in light of this crisis. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much of that from the resident Trudeau bashers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you seem to like putting out sensationalistic info and fake numbers. It needs to stop, its not going anyone any good. 

Cute, but the real fake numbers were from China, which you were hell bent on defending. Which then resulted in name calling and insults. I felt 'child' was an appropriate irony too good to pass up, in as much as your insults are petty and childish.  

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-intelligence-found-china-misrepresented-coronavirus-stats-report-2020-4

 

Quote
  • The US intelligence community has determined that the Chinese government concealed the extent of its coronavirus outbreak and gave false statistics to other countries, Bloomberg News reported, citing three US officials.
  • Officials transmitted a classified report of their findings to the White House last week.
  • Bloomberg described its sources as saying that the report's main conclusion was that China's public reporting of coronavirus cases was "intentionally incomplete" and that its numbers were fake.
  • China was the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak until last week, when the US's number of cases surpassed China's.
  • US and other Western officials have repeatedly expressed skepticism about China's numbers. Residents of Wuhan, where the outbreak originated, have also publicly doubted the government's reporting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I hear the US has a leader with some chutzpah.  Some backbone.  A real go getter.  Decisive.  The best leader in the history of man kind even.  Some might say, a stable genius

Cute, and when have I supported Trump? If you think it's cool that our health minister is supporting Chinese migrants buying PPE in bulk just to send back to China then we're in clear disagreement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

From what I have read N95 doesn’t use pulp fiber or K10s, but surgical masks and gowns do.

 

 

thats correct, the N95s are all polymer based other than the aluminum nose clip: https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1425070O/3m-particulate-respirator-8210-n95-technical-specifications.pdf

 

Canada does have polymer film manufacturing capacity and a textile industry so hopefully we see some out our own manufacturing of respirators soon.

 

There's a local BC company called Mustang Survival that i've heard is working on a reusable gowns, and a university out east working on a respirator adapted from fire fighting equipment. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Cute, but the real fake numbers were from China, which you were hell bent on defending. Which then resulted in name calling and insults. I felt 'child' was an appropriate irony too good to pass up, in as much as your insults are petty and childish.  

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-intelligence-found-china-misrepresented-coronavirus-stats-report-2020-4

 

 

I'm blocking you for my sanity. 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The moment that story hit.  I was more than saddened by the people who stood up and said they wished Canada had a leader that was doing something for its people.  But also immediately asked when people were getting their CERB assistance cheques.

 

Wishing canada had a strong leader.  Ignoring the mess America's Strong Leader has put their nation in to.

 

It's genuinely sad how some people will believe literally anything.

 

hell the amount of Corona virus was created to help 5G kill people conspiracy posts is almost overwhelming

we can't ethically put American lives at risk just for petty retaliation. 

 

We're getting this thing under control, particularly in BC, and companies are stepping up all over Canada for some new solutions. Let focus on that. 

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats correct, the N95s are all polymer based other than the aluminum nose clip: https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1425070O/3m-particulate-respirator-8210-n95-technical-specifications.pdf

 

Canada does have polymer film manufacturing capacity and a textile industry so hopefully we see some out our own manufacturing of respirators soon.

 

There's a local BC company called Mustang Survival that i've heard is working on a reusable gowns, and a university out east working on a respirator adapted from fire fighting equipment. 

I know of Mustang Survival.   They make PFD (aka life jackets) and other stuff.  They're in Burnaby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BPA said:

I know of Mustang Survival.   They make PFD (aka life jackets) and other stuff.  They're in Burnaby. 

yup they are a neat company. There's a push going on now with the BC garment industry to step up with new solutions, so thats awesome to see. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm blocking you for my sanity. 

I feel vindicated. I'll take the dub and avoid the pretension from someone vastly overestimating their intellectual capacity. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

From what I have read N95 doesn’t use pulp fiber or K10s, but surgical masks and gowns do.

 

 

Well I'll be,

 

You're right.  My mistake.  The story read as though the pulp was essential in the creation of these masks, but instead is essential in almost every other type of medical PPE.

 

Good catch

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we can't ethically put American lives at risk just for petty retaliation. 

 

We're getting this thing under control, particularly in BC, and companies are stepping up all over Canada for some new solutions. Let focus on that. 

Not about putting lives at risk.  But just remember how the current USA is like and maybe next time we shouldn't be so accommodating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.