CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

BUGS BUNNY REVERSE FLORIDA GIF | Gfycat

I can see why Florida is regarded as a dick of the US.  Although they do have some good theme parks.

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Has anyone verified that picture?  I couldn't find anything

Can't verify the picture but I know Jacksonville opened their beaches this morning. Pretty sure the governor gave the okay for other beaches as well.

Scary

2 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Can't verify the picture but I know Jacksonville opened their beaches this morning. Pretty sure the governor gave the okay for other beaches as well.

Scary

I read that too, bit not for normal use and only during certain hours.  Just wondering if that pic was legit, or an old photo recycled.

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I read that too, bit not for normal use and only during certain hours.  Just wondering if that pic was legit, or an old photo recycled.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/weather/skycams/

(crowd seemed to have thinned out a bit now - course it is 4:35PM here & I imagine early evening in Florida righ tnow)

Posted (edited)
Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, not sure about the photo, but the story is legit:

Nothing I post is legit.:P

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

With everyone staying home for the most part, there isn't much to do. Mostly lion around.....B)

Lounging lions in South African park take advantage of lack of ...

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Huggy Bear 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I think the respect goes both ways. People should try to limit traffic in a grocery store as best as possible, but people should also respect others' decisions to go with someone else if they feel they need to, as who are any of us to decide what we deem appropriate and essential without knowing their situation(s). Assuming any of our situations are more essential than someone else's is a slippery slope, and the fact of the matter is that grocery shopping is now a game of Frogger that we all have to play. It's also why grocery stores have to limit the number of customers at one time, so if a lane is crowded at some point, people will just have to wait a few seconds or minutes until the car has passed and they can jump to the side of the street safely. 

Sorry, but there is health warning/requests about limiting people going into the store to 1 person. This isn't my hair brain idea. 99% of those people are just being ignorant.

I fully support the 1% that need someone to help them. But we are not a society of invalids. Those people that absolutely need someone to help them also suffer from the husband and wife tag team, that are taking their rights to the extreme.

The rule is there for a reason. I actually find it kind of ridiculous to have to argue the case. Again, for those that need it, please do with my blessing, but come on! Most don't.

It would be totally fantastic, if when we seen a couple we actually knew that they needed it. But the truth is, that most are just full of self importance.

Note, That I have a handy capped person that lives below me, and he fights desperately  to maintain his independence. So I find it a little hard because someone wants to be with his wife, just because he wants to go. Seems very self serving and not very respectful of others.

Again, if you actually need someone with you.....you have my blessing! But not just so your partner does not buy the wrong bread.

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Thanks 2

On 4/10/2020 at 3:11 PM, aGENT said:

One of my semi-affordable favorites (as affordable as Scotch goes anyway):

11757_m-2.jpg?fit=960,1280&ssl=1

Sip it room temp, if you prefer, add a splash of filtered water (I prefer neat myself).

Thank you again for the recommendation 

7126DA10-E7D8-40EA-99B8-63ABBBD2194A.jpeg

• Hydration 4

1 hour ago, coho8888 said:

I can see why Florida is regarded as a dick of the US.  Although they do have some good theme parks.

Nah, the real Dick of the US sits in the White House.  

King Donald thinks he has the absolute authority to open up the economy even though a month ago he sat on his hands, refusing to tell Governors to shut it down.  Shutting things down was always up to individual states.  So is opening things up.  Of course there are some soft heads who would prefer to be told what to do.  I just hope that reason and good sense prevails.   

• Hydration 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Not surprised a majority of the states on that list are in the south, just sayin'.

I am super surprised about Indiana being on that list though...Purdue, Notre Dame, Indiana University, Ball St, Valparaiso..they've got some really good universities there.  Would have expected them higher.

Not surprised that 9 out of 10 “dumbest” states are firmly in the hands of the Republicans.

Indiana does have some good schools but lot of hillbillies live there.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Hydration 2

15 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Nah, the real Dick of the US sits in the White House.  

King Donald thinks he has the absolute authority to open up the economy even though a month ago he sat on his hands, refusing to tell Governors to shut it down.  Shutting things down was always up to individual states.  So is opening things up.  Of course there are some soft heads who would prefer to be told what to do.  I just hope that reason and good sense prevails.   

Apparently Texas is opening up next week.

• Hydration 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Apparently Texas is opening up next week.

not fully tho, sounds like they will be taking a slow and measured response.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

5 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I think the respect goes both ways. People should try to limit traffic in a grocery store as best as possible, but people should also respect others' decisions to go with someone else if they feel they need to, as who are any of us to decide what we deem appropriate and essential without knowing their situation(s). Assuming any of our situations are more essential than someone else's is a slippery slope, and the fact of the matter is that grocery shopping is now a game of Frogger that we all have to play. It's also why grocery stores have to limit the number of customers at one time, so if a lane is crowded at some point, people will just have to wait a few seconds or minutes until the car has passed and they can jump to the side of the street safely. 

If playing Frogger will save lives, bring it on.

If the argument is based on “inconvenience”, so is death. Death is very inconvenient.

Seriously.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Laser Canuck said:

This is the first time I went grocery shopping and our frozen pizza’s weren't totally pillaged in over a month. It's crazy. 

• Hydration 1