CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

2 hours ago, BPA said:

Schools won't reopen before September.  My kids school are already planning days that students (one at a time) can visit to pick up their belongings. 

One of the Elementary schools here had teachers in packing up kid's stuff and school supplies, boxing and setting them out in the parking lot with the kid's names on them to be picked up at a certain time/date for your household.

• Hydration 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Its not about educating kids.... its about free daycare for workers going back to work.  Trying to salvage our economy. 

That is how  much BCers actually care about children's education.....

Sending your kids to daycare may be a choice between life and death for some time as the spread of germs is most rampant in such places. This virus would stick to kids like bur.

Kids become asymptomatic carriers and the whole thing catches like wildfire for a second round of total lockdown.

70 companies worldwide hope to have a vaccine ready by the hundreds of millions for September. 

Anything before that is a massive societal risk.

Edited by Me_
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

One of the Elementary schools here had teachers in packing up kid's stuff and school supplies, boxing and setting them out in the parking lot with the kid's names on them to be picked up at a certain time/date for your household.

We packed up everything last week and left out on the curb for parents to pick up.  Our admin said she doesn't think there's anyway we go back.

• Hydration 2

20 minutes ago, Me_ said:

70 companies worldwide hope

Yes, hope is ok, but I would not count on their hope to be a reality

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I agree about Dubrovnik, last few years it has become an elite and expensive destination.

Don't get me wrong, even when my parents had their honeymoon in Dubrovnik 50 years ago, place was expensive.

My grandparents retired and moved to Split back in 1969, so as a kid I used to spend winters are summers there.

Sarajevo was cold in the winter and smoggy, also I wasn’t much of a skier, tried it after 1984 Olympic Games and didn’t like it.

I loved Split. The big stones in the old town were awesome to walk on. When it rained they were like ice and you could basically skate around. I have a lot of good memories traveling around there by myself. There was this old pink house with what looked like no foundation... it was just built right into the top of a cliff. Live music in the old town with a cold beer on a warm evening. Great place. You must have had a great time as a kid. 

Game of Thrones and Star Wars turned Dubrovnik's old town into a bit of chaos, but still loved it. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yes, hope is ok, but I would not count on their hope to be a reality

Me neither and really, there should be way more companies on it. 

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Its not about educating kids.... its about free daycare for workers going back to work.  Trying to salvage our economy. 

That is how  much BCers actually care about children's education.....

Yea some people cry the blues about missing education and how important it is.....then they pull their kids out of school and go to Mexico.

All they want is free daycare and not to deal with their responsibilities.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Who knows with Civil War, but I can't see how those tweets aren't considered treasonous?  He's literally advocating for the overthrow of the governments in those states.  In my books that's treason.

Funny you should mention that. An interesting read:

916B0544-8F65-4828-B75A-BE02AED9C5D4.jpeg

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

My neighbours are about to be introduced to Marilyn Manson, RATM and G & R.

We share a balcony (with a 6 foot glass divider in between).  They've got 3 carloads of guests over, including a dog that they're letting run loose on my yard...the one that we just finished landscaping yesterday (including fresh grass seed).

I told them, but they speak very little English.  We're normally friendly but I'm about to go ballistic.  I'm working HARD to keep my family safe ... even lost my job over it.  I'll be damned if these dimwits are going to cram in and invade my space.

Smoking and the smoke drifts right into my kitchen.  Had to close my patio door, but am not happy.  So let's play some music, shall we?  Trying to be positive, but they apparently are all here to wash their cars in our shared driveway space.  Hope they like loud music.....Dope Show here we come...

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea some people cry the blues about missing education and how important it is.....then they pull their kids out of school and go to Mexico.

All they want is free daycare and not to deal with their responsibilities.

How do you equate kids eduction = free daycare??

If you are expecting parents to forever homeschool their children, then there is no need for teachers.  Not every parent went to post secondary to acquire skills for teaching. 

they are opening some golf courses here on the Island.

Love golf but I don't know what to think about that.

Not sure if it's not a bit too soon. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Stop the shutdown says the guy wearing a gas mask!

image.thumb.jpeg.ad53c372a1c316490ec4ae22ecb97a3e.jpeg

Suppose these gun toting god fearing Trump supporters were muslims or blacks. I think that It would not end well. Shots would likely be fired and lives lost..

Ain’t that America. Land of the free.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Hydration 1

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

Suppose these gun toting god fearing Trump supporters were muslims or blacks. I think that It would not end well. Shots would likely be fired and lives lists.

Ain’t that America. Land of the free.

I'm honestly starting to think they really aren't going to make it out if this intact.  I feel they are headed for something very bad.  If they make it November and Trump is voted out......Oy Vey, blood will be spilled I think.

• Hydration 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I wonder if the ship was called The Beagle?

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1