CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Huh? 

 

How the heck did you get to these conclusions? You obviously haven't taken any time to read or try to comprehend anything I've said. Seems like a common occurrence in this thread with a few posters. And now I'm a republican? Yeesh.

Yes, inhalers do exactly what you say, but the flip to that is for those that need them, they enhance the quality and volume of air, by opening up the airways and reducing inflammation.

 

So in fact, it provides you with more oxygen...………. my answer

 

As per the Numbers 1 to 4

 

#1...…….You seem to relish it is only a recommendation, to enter store singularly......meaning only 1 family member needs to go in

#2...……..you seem to champion the right of couples going into the store together, even if it crowds the aisles

#3...……..By taking the above positions, you basically say...to hell with your concerns, I will do it, its legal, totally disregarding their fears

#4...……..Then you state the quoted statement about workers in Alberta being concerned, by basically saying well that was an Albertian quote

                 As if workers in BC, would not have the same concerns.

 

To me, your position is pro, the aggressors rights, and totally ignoring what should be common sense, and respecting those people that struggle with those fears, for what ever reason.

 

#5...…….My tendon is chronic , and I would have bought the shoes earlier, as I need some shoe, and none others are loose enough, so my need is paramount, and I do ice it every night, I also have prescription anti-inflamitory cream to put on, as well as ice. 

 

I rest it and still it won't settle down...………….so I did not enter Costco, lightly, as my wife has cancer, and I have Heart and lung disease, so going in there was a last resort.

 

Even in an area of the province that does not seem to have any/few Covid-19 cases...………..I am not paranoid, I like to be smart about it.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As they say...

 

... never know what people’s situation is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Me_ said:

These idiots can't get past one month of social distancing and they're going to be dragging this all out for months longer for the majority of us who are trying our best to do our part.

  • Hydration 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Yes, inhalers do exactly what you say, but the flip to that is for those that need them, they enhance the quality and volume of air, by opening up the airways and reducing inflammation.

 

So in fact, it provides you with more oxygen...………. my answer

 

As per the Numbers 1 to 4

 

#1...…….You seem to relish it is only a recommendation, to enter store singularly......meaning only 1 family member needs to go in

#2...……..you seem to champion the right of couples going into the store together, even if it crowds the aisles

#3...……..By taking the above positions, you basically say...to hell with your concerns, I will do it, its legal, totally disregarding their fears

#4...……..Then you state the quoted statement about workers in Alberta being concerned, by basically saying well that was an Albertian quote

                 As if workers in BC, would not have the same concerns.

 

To me, your position is pro, the aggressors rights, and totally ignoring what should be common sense, and respecting those people that struggle with those fears, for what ever reason.

 

#5...…….My tendon is chronic , and I would have bought the shoes earlier, as I need some shoe, and none others are loose enough, so my need is paramount, and I do ice it every night, I also have prescription anti-inflamitory cream to put on, as well as ice. 

 

I rest it and still it won't settle down...………….so I did not enter Costco, lightly, as my wife has cancer, and I have Heart and lung disease, so going in there was a last resort.

 

Even in an area of the province that does not seem to have any/few Covid-19 cases...………..I am not paranoid, I like to be smart about it.

You're wrong on all accounts. Inhaling alcohol or any other kind of non prescribed medicine is harmful, and my point was that even a prescribed one such as asthma inhalers can be detrimental in ways. You taking what I said to assume that I don't know the benefits of it is just unnecessary, as that had nothing to do with anything I was saying. You added that assumption.

 

1) I'm not relishing anything. It is a recommendation, that is just a pure fact. What I relish is people doing their best to follow recommendations as best as possible, and I also relish that there are many situations where safety can still be the utmost importance and followed, even if recommendations are not 100% taken. 

 

2) I champion couples to make their decisions that they believe is right, all while advocating for people to do the right thing. But I'm definitely not advocating any crowding of aisles, and I don't understand why you would think otherwise. 

 

3) Not my positions.

 

4) you want grocery laws because of how other provinces are calling for it, as their covid situations aren't going as well as BC? 

https://www.vicnews.com/sports/all-golf-courses-in-the-province-should-be-closed-to-prevent-virus-spreading-british-columbia-golf-says/ 

 

Please read the a I've article. This is why I posted earlier that every single one of us can be better. Golf courses are shut down in Alberta. BC Golf Association is requesting all golf courses shut down, yet you went golfing in Duncan. Your hands are not clean. And don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising you for going. You took the correct precautions and that's great, and I applaud you for it, but it is still an example of hypocrisy, which we are all guilty of if we dig a little deeper. And my point with saying the article is from Alberta is to say that their situation is different than BC, just like the golf courses. I'm not an advocate for callouts or witch hunts. I'm an advocate for trust in our community members and our provincial government. 

 

Since you haven't been able to pick up on my stances at all and instead think I'm pro aggressor and don't respect people with fears, allow me to clearly state that I'm fully aware there are many fearful and panicked people right now, and I fully respect that. 

 

Where I think we differ is in delivery towards others who don't follow the recommendations, as well as that I don't believe panic and fear trumps calm and sensibility. The respect goes both ways.

 

5) I wasn't criticizing your decision to go and buy shoes. I respect that you made that decision to go and that you practiced SD as best as possible. I used that as an example to show that we all have our own unique circumstances and that we should all respect each other for making our adult decisions and trust that we're making the right choices, rather than putting judgement onto others that they're in the wrong and we're not. 

 

I'll use us both as an example: You did have the option of getting your shoes when you also buy groceries, as it saves a trip and limits the amount of times you go to Costco, which is a recommendation. There are other options, but you chose what you chose. I'm ok with your choice and do not think you should've done one over the other, as long as proper SD is done then I'm all for it. I respect your decision. For me, I get groceries with my wife, even though the recommendation is to try not to do that. But we go together because we live downtown, do not own a vehicle, and we buy enough for three weeks so that we don't have to go as often, which is a good thing. We also are highly conscious of SD practice and others around us, just like you. I could go alone and make multiple trips, but we've decided we're safer in a variety of ways when we go together. 

 

This is in no way advocating for crowded aisles or any of the assumptions you've put onto my posts. Emotions are running high, I get that, which is why I prefer calm and sensibility during a time of crisis. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people say that we can't trust the Chinese numbers. Well, I'm not convinced we can trust the numbers from the USA either. The graph below appears to be 'capped'. Maybe it is daily test capacity, but i also think that under reporting would ease the angst around the economy, in the eyes of the american administration.

 

image.png.610f6ba996baf70e5981b6e69c804f2c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

A lot of people say that we can't trust the Chinese numbers. Well, I'm not convinced we can trust the numbers from the USA either. The graph below appears to be 'capped'. Maybe it is daily test capacity, but i also think that under reporting would ease the angst around the economy, in the eyes of the american administration.

 

image.png.610f6ba996baf70e5981b6e69c804f2c.png

This link has the us with 33,677 new cases as of 11:36 pm local

https://www.bing.com/search?q=new+covid+cases+april+18+usa&form=EDGSPH&mkt=en-ca&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&plvar=0&refig=db467b6815134ce1874feaf09b0fb3de&sp=-1&pq=new+covid+cases+april+18+usa&sc=0-28&qs=n&sk=&cvid=db467b6815134ce1874feaf09b0fb3de

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

These idiots can't get past one month of social distancing and they're going to be dragging this all out for months longer for the majority of us who are trying our best to do our part.

And... well... isn’t that the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 7:49 AM, CBH1926 said:

 

With Chinese numbers I generally use multiplier of 10.

They just increased the death toll by 50% in a single day, but my guess is that that is not even remotely close. I think that it is important to specify that this is not ‘Chinese’, this is on the head of the CCP and its leaders. The greatest fear of that party is that its own people find out the communist party’s culpability. It reminds of Chernobyl, does it not. Viewing that series is most revealing of the psychology is the disease that is communism - the society that cannot allow freedom of speech, nor even of thought.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

God’s sake.

 

As per NYC Governor Andrew Cuomo, 11 times Trump said to him in a phone call that he didn’t want to get into testing because it’s too hard.

 

Trump also said it in his presser today.

 

He’s going for herd immunity folks. 
 

He’s gonna pressure the population to “liberate” themselves from the nasty Democrats and the “never-Trumpist” Republicans. 


Using the office to gain a second term is the least of the crimes he has and is committing.

 

Edited by Me_
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

You're wrong on all accounts. Inhaling alcohol or any other kind of non prescribed medicine is harmful, and my point was that even a prescribed one such as asthma inhalers can be detrimental in ways. You taking what I said to assume that I don't know the benefits of it is just unnecessary, as that had nothing to do with anything I was saying. You added that assumption.

 

1) I'm not relishing anything. It is a recommendation, that is just a pure fact. What I relish is people doing their best to follow recommendations as best as possible, and I also relish that there are many situations where safety can still be the utmost importance and followed, even if recommendations are not 100% taken. 

 

2) I champion couples to make their decisions that they believe is right, all while advocating for people to do the right thing. But I'm definitely not advocating any crowding of aisles, and I don't understand why you would think otherwise. 

 

3) Not my positions.

 

4) you want grocery laws because of how other provinces are calling for it, as their covid situations aren't going as well as BC? 

https://www.vicnews.com/sports/all-golf-courses-in-the-province-should-be-closed-to-prevent-virus-spreading-british-columbia-golf-says/ 

 

Please read the a I've article. This is why I posted earlier that every single one of us can be better. Golf courses are shut down in Alberta. BC Golf Association is requesting all golf courses shut down, yet you went golfing in Duncan. Your hands are not clean. And don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising you for going. You took the correct precautions and that's great, and I applaud you for it, but it is still an example of hypocrisy, which we are all guilty of if we dig a little deeper. And my point with saying the article is from Alberta is to say that their situation is different than BC, just like the golf courses. I'm not an advocate for callouts or witch hunts. I'm an advocate for trust in our community members and our provincial government. 

 

Since you haven't been able to pick up on my stances at all and instead think I'm pro aggressor and don't respect people with fears, allow me to clearly state that I'm fully aware there are many fearful and panicked people right now, and I fully respect that. 

 

Where I think we differ is in delivery towards others who don't follow the recommendations, as well as that I don't believe panic and fear trumps calm and sensibility. The respect goes both ways.

 

5) I wasn't criticizing your decision to go and buy shoes. I respect that you made that decision to go and that you practiced SD as best as possible. I used that as an example to show that we all have our own unique circumstances and that we should all respect each other for making our adult decisions and trust that we're making the right choices, rather than putting judgement onto others that they're in the wrong and we're not. 

 

I'll use us both as an example: You did have the option of getting your shoes when you also buy groceries, as it saves a trip and limits the amount of times you go to Costco, which is a recommendation. There are other options, but you chose what you chose. I'm ok with your choice and do not think you should've done one over the other, as long as proper SD is done then I'm all for it. I respect your decision. For me, I get groceries with my wife, even though the recommendation is to try not to do that. But we go together because we live downtown, do not own a vehicle, and we buy enough for three weeks so that we don't have to go as often, which is a good thing. We also are highly conscious of SD practice and others around us, just like you. I could go alone and make multiple trips, but we've decided we're safer in a variety of ways when we go together. 

 

This is in no way advocating for crowded aisles or any of the assumptions you've put onto my posts. Emotions are running high, I get that, which is why I prefer calm and sensibility during a time of crisis. 

I gave you a beer on this post..it was very well articulated.....by the way, I like our hockey posts

 

This all started earlier when, a poster wrote that he had mention to a couple that they should only have one in shopping and another poster said that he should just have minded his own business...…...I am pretty sure you agreed with the guy minding his own buisness

 

I worked as a Patrol boat captain for the Port ...….I did shore line enforcement as part of my duties, so I am more black and white on those types of things. My general feeling is if people use common sense and common courtesies, most problems would not occur.

 

So, for people that want to go into stores together, it is not that I am totally against it, but rather that if it is a busy store, one should figure out that they do not need to be in the store and can wait outside. To me, if it is 10 minutes before closing time and a couple enter an empty store, well then who cares. No harm, no foul.

 

But, as I think of you as an intelligent person (and I do), I think you should be able to grasp that it is better to stay outside and wait. These are strange times, and there are just so many people that are on the edge. Mental health is being tested, and again I think you know that. So I expect that those that have a strong constitution and awareness, be able to again, figure out that it is better not to go inside if busy.

 

I eventually found one of the last pair of running shoes in town in Walmart and what I notice was a family of kids, sitting in a car with their Dad, He was aware that it would not be a good thing to load them into the store. The wife went in alone. I applaud that.

 

Now, a related story is my tenant downstairs, is a very nice, awkward and timid man. He gets flustered in crowded places, and you will find that when these times present themselves, he will simply not go in, because it stresses him. Now, he does not have a car either, and he has no one else to go in for him, so he waits, sometimes for several hours to find a time that is less busy, and when he has settled down. This man is gold! and he never complains, but I see how it affects his life…..it is hard not to emphasize with him.

 

So, I have pretty strong feelings on the subject. As an past enforcement officer, I hate bullies, and hate people that push their rights, at the expense of others. When common courtesy would do wonders and resolve many issues.

 

I recognise I am not the law on here, and I don't want to be. And I like you as a poster. But I will call an ace and ace and a spade a spade when I see it. 

 

PS..I was a very sickly, scrawny kid, and was bullied a lot until I started boxing, and putting on weight. I hate bullies, and inconsiderate people, who do mean things just because they think they have the right to. It is probably why I got into the field I did. I fight for the underdog in my life today, and if raining or not busy will stop to let a pedestrian walk across the road, no because I had to, but because I am sitting in a nice heated car, and every second they wait, they get wetter. I think my mom and dad raise me proper, and taught me we. Not that I am anywhere close to perfect.

 

I am basically finished with this convo. I don't expect you  to change your mind, but I am absolutely not changing mine.

 

Peace and stay heathy

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

A lot of people say that we can't trust the Chinese numbers. Well, I'm not convinced we can trust the numbers from the USA either. The graph below appears to be 'capped'. Maybe it is daily test capacity, but i also think that under reporting would ease the angst around the economy, in the eyes of the american administration.

 

image.png.610f6ba996baf70e5981b6e69c804f2c.png

Stop with the CCP propaganda already. The most affected states with the worst Wuhan virus problem have no incentive to minimize numbers, most of which are Democrat and have three huge reasons to maximize numbers - more money from the federal government, more resources from the federal government, and it would embarrass a Trump, the primary wet dream of all Democrats.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

They just increased the death toll by 50% in a single day, but my guess is that that is not even remotely close. I think that it is important to specify that this is not ‘Chinese’, this is on the head of the CCP and its leaders. The greatest fear of that party is that its own people find out the communist party’s culpability. It reminds of Chernobyl, does it not. Viewing that series is most revealing of the psychology is the disease that is communism - the society that cannot allow freedom of speech, nor even of thought.

What this tells me is, they stopped counting a long time ago, and it started much before the first case was diagnosed as such.

 

The best way to describe how a pandemic works; its like locusts that come out every 13 years. This prime number has assured that all locust species have food when it’s their time and they don’t go extinct.

 

The same principle is there for a pandemic. It is asymptomatic for a long time while it spreads. Then we start to understand the anomaly. Months later.

 

There is an estimated 80,000 people infected in Wuhan before the first case became a first case. That number is probably up around 800,000. All travelling, all asymptomatic, all naturally covert.

 

I think China is in the same boat as everyone else looking back going, that the he’ll just happened...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trevor Noah elaborates on how the American system is failing to deliver on small business relief loans and more, with a bit of a twist on Canada.

 

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Me_ said:

Sending your kids to daycare may be a choice between life and death for some time as the spread of germs is most rampant in such places. This virus would stick to kids like bur.
 

Kids become asymptomatic carriers and the whole thing catches like wildfire for a second round of total lockdown.

 

70 companies worldwide hope to have a vaccine ready by the hundreds of millions for September. 
 

Anything before that is a massive societal risk.

 

Not a chance. There's a very rigorous and long process to get drugs/vaccines approved for humans and it won't be done by September. They can't and won't compromise this process. They might be saying September, but there's zero chance of it happening.

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Keep your chin up everyone.

To those we lost....  YOU were all loved and will be forever remembered.    RIP.

 

Lost my dad and my mother in law in the last 12 months. 

 

We will get through this. Rock on.  BC STRONG. 

Sorry for your loss, hope things are going well for you now. Cheers buddy. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHO says that once antibodies have been developed by having Covid-19, there is no evidence that you can’t get Covid-19 again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Speak for yourself. I'm in ontario and daycares are closed. My wife is a nurse and I work in the alchohol industry.  Things are tough right now having a little one. I'd pay double to have daycares open let alone free.

 

Daycare is more essential than tim hortons and Canadian tire in my eyes. 

Ah bummer sorry to hear that.  Wifes up there for a food company and can't work from home really and I work in a log mill so we are the same boat right now, daycare hasn't closed down yet but there was fear a few weeks ago when they cancelled schools that daycares would follow, only silver lining is I could go afternoons/graveyard shifts and the wife could go in a bit earlier since shes not a on a set schedule but its not an ideal situation at all either way as it just makes things a hell of a lot harder on us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Russ said:

Ah bummer sorry to hear that.  Wifes up there for a food company and can't work from home really and I work in a log mill so we are the same boat right now, daycare hasn't closed down yet but there was fear a few weeks ago when they cancelled schools that daycares would follow, only silver lining is I could go afternoons/graveyard shifts and the wife could go in a bit earlier since shes not a on a set schedule but its not an ideal situation at all either way as it just makes things a hell of a lot harder on us.

I feel you man. It upsets me when people are quick to say "close this and close that" when it doesn't effect them. Someone quoted my last post saying they're a firm believer that everyone should be staying home with their own kids. Again that sounds fine and dandy until they aren't treated by my wife the nurse, they cant eat because your wife didnt go to work for the food company, they couldn't fix their roof because you stayed hom from logging and they didnt get a fat stay at home cheque because the government didnt make tax .oney on the alchohol I move all day.

 

I hope they stay open there in some degree for families like yours and mine bud. Stay strong man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I feel you man. It upsets me when people are quick to say "close this and close that" when it doesn't effect them. Someone quoted my last post saying they're a firm believer that everyone should be staying home with their own kids. Again that sounds fine and dandy until they aren't treated by my wife the nurse, they cant eat because your wife didnt go to work for the food company, they couldn't fix their roof because you stayed hom from logging and they didnt get a fat stay at home cheque because the government didnt make tax .oney on the alchohol I move all day.

 

I hope they stay open there in some degree for families like yours and mine bud. Stay strong man.

If I don't go to work then everyone will have a toilet paper shortage hahaha!  Pulp is like 70% of our revenue apparently and unless people want to start wiping with a towel and washing it daily they need me to continue working.  But yea theres so many of us that aren't really thought of as "essential" but we are at the end of the day, theres a lot of steps that go into everything.  Hell even oil and gas are still needed eventhough everyhone wants those shut down these days, how do people think those you get needles, test tubes, hell even some vaccines take oil properties to make them.  Theres a long list, not everyone is a server at a restaurant or owns a mom n pops book shop, or can just take a laptop home and continue working.  Best of luck to you, you sound like you're having it much harder with the extra daycare closure and atleast I can adjust my work with other guys to make it work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...