CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You sleep through the 2010 olympics? 

I don't understand?

We were talking about '72.

 

For 2010 I GM'd a nightclub on Granville. We also opened in the day times to air all the team Canada hockey games. Packed in 500+  patrons per game and helped give them the party of their lives. We were a part of what made Van soo great during that event. You're welcome Canada. 

One of the best experiences I've ever been part of.. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Its been nothing but coronavirus on the news and of course the one time we get a break its a mass shooting in canada:(

More then 10 dead 1 RCMP

 

Edited by naslund.is.king
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What still blows my mind is this situation is like you are on the Titanic. Once the ship has hit the iceberg. The lifeboats are the only real chance. But economists go on about getting back to business and work. There is an element of survival yes. We all want to survive. But you can throw all the money you want at the crewmen putting people in the lifeboats. Unless that's helping thier families, offering money is useless. 

What's all your money going to do when you are in the Atlantic in near freezing water?

 

Maybe this is a warning to the world. We've seen how fast once pollution stops how nature repairs itself. Maybe Mother Nature is giving us a last warning. To get our crap together and try making the world a better place for all. Not just the pursuit of wealth and power. 

I'll buy that, but many of those with wealth and in power won't easily give it up.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, naslund.is.king said:

Its been nothing but coronavirus on the news and of course the one time we get a break its a mass shooting in canada:(

More then 10 dead 1 RCMP

 

Yeah, I saw that story this morning and thought the exact same thing.

 

Tornadoes is the states, shooting in Canada, mafia using the crisis to make inroads in Italy......the only breaks we get are more bad news....

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Its been nothing but coronavirus on the news and of course the one time we get a break its a mass shooting in canada:(

More then 10 dead 1 RCMP

 

 

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, I saw that story this morning and thought the exact same thing.

 

Tornadoes is the states, shooting in Canada, mafia using the crisis to make inroads in Italy......the only breaks we get are more bad news....

How awful,

I don't understand the details yet.

He seemed to be mobile, killings spread out.

He had a fake cruiser and RCMP Uni?

 

Wish they hadn't killed him, I would like these types kept alive to endure suffering and pain for the rest of their incarcerated miserable life. Death is the easy way out. 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Its been nothing but coronavirus on the news and of course the one time we get a break its a mass shooting in canada:(

More then 10 dead 1 RCMP

 

Jesus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

He's talking about the '72 Team Canada....

I get that however, we supported team Canada very well in 2010 so harping on something that happened nearly 50 years ago is lame imo 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What still blows my mind is this situation is like you are on the Titanic. Once the ship has hit the iceberg. The lifeboats are the only real chance. But economists go on about getting back to business and work. There is an element of survival yes. We all want to survive. But you can throw all the money you want at the crewmen putting people in the lifeboats. Unless that's helping thier families, offering money is useless. 

What's all your money going to do when you are in the Atlantic in near freezing water?

 

Maybe this is a warning to the world. We've seen how fast once pollution stops how nature repairs itself. Maybe Mother Nature is giving us a last warning. To get our crap together and try making the world a better place for all. Not just the pursuit of wealth and power. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of stimulus checks and people the world would be better off without.....

 

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/493237-louisiana-pastor-donate-stimulus-checks-evangelists
 

Quote

 

A Louisiana pastor who has drawn criticism for holding in-person church services despite coronavirus guidelines is asking people to donate their stimulus checks to evangelists who “haven’t had an offering in a month.”

In a video posted to YouTube on Wednesday, the Rev. Tony Spell called on the public to get behind a new online challenge he is dubbing the #PastorSpellStimulusChallenge.

There are three rules to the challenge, Spell said in the video. The first rule is that it starts on Sunday. The second, he said, is for people to “donate your stimulus money.”

“Rule number three,” he continued, is to “donate it to evangelists, North American evangelists who haven’t had an offering in a month; missionaries, who haven’t had an offering in a month; music ministers, who haven’t had an offering in a month.”

 

<_<

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I get that however, we supported team Canada very well in 2010 so harping on something that happened nearly 50 years ago is lame imo 

I don't think he was "harping". The whole thing was pretty much tongue in cheek, from what I can recall.

 

I think maybe Vancouverites are a tad sensitive about this sort of thing.

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

 

How awful,

I don't understand the details yet.

He seemed to be mobile, killings spread out.

He had a fake cruiser and RCMP Uni?

 

Wish they hadn't killed him, I would like these types kept alive to endure suffering and pain for the rest of their incarcerated miserable life. Death is the easy way out. 

 

Only if you send him to another country to serve his sentence. 
Prisons in Canada are cushy, not as cushy as Sweden and Norway but still nice enough.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I get that however, we supported team Canada very well in 2010 so harping on something that happened nearly 50 years ago is lame imo 

Did you read the early part of the convo? or did you sleep through that?

I was just making a light jab about what actually happened. My next post clarified that I love Vancouver, cause I do and even pointed out that how the team was treated could have been the motivation that they needed for victory.

 

Heres an article for you, saying exactly that. 

https://thetyee.ca/Life/2012/09/08/1972-Summit-Series/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CBH1926 said:

Only if you send him to another country to serve his sentence. 
Prisons in Canada are cushy, not as cushy as Sweden and Norway but still nice enough.

Yeah....maybe we could lease Gitmo....unless you guys aren't done with it? B)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah....maybe we could lease Gitmo....unless you guys aren't done with it? B)

You guys are too nice to send people to a place like that.

They even have McD.

 

image.thumb.jpeg.aa69516281366c6f4bbc72c52b291ca9.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CBH1926 said:

You guys are too nice to send people to a place like that.

They even have McD.

 

image.thumb.jpeg.aa69516281366c6f4bbc72c52b291ca9.jpeg

 

What would be real punishment is giving the prisoners a McDonalds, but only serving Filet o' Fish and McRibs....

 

Cruel and unusual.....

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

What would be real punishment is giving the prisoners a McDonalds, but only serving Filet o' Fish and McRibs....

 

Cruel and unusual.....

Serving time in ADX, Pelican Bay, Corcoran, Angola, Sing Sing, Folsom etc. is real hard time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

What would be real punishment is giving the prisoners a McDonalds, but only serving Filet o' Fish and McRibs....

 

Cruel and unusual.....

Food is has a good chance at being 'halal' as there is no actual meat in any McDonald's product.:P

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CBH1926 said:

Serving time in ADX, Pelican Bay, Corcoran, Angola, Sing Sing, Folsom etc. is real hard time.

You obviously have the edge in experience when it comes to this line of discussion, so I defer to your superior expertise....B)

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.