CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Youtube showed me that today, I was like "wtf how?"  

funny what can be done when people get serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Found this today.  She's allegedly a nurse working on the frontline in Wuhan.  I hope this is a fake video.

 

 

 

 

I saw the video earlier.  Funny they removed the source of the video that was on the video  - The Epoch TImes which is known for fake news:

 

Epoch Times is a multi-language newspaper[2] founded in 2000 by John Tang and a group of Chinese Americans associated with the Falun Gong spiritual movement.[3] Though the newspaper is known for general interest topics with a focus on news about China and its human rights issues, it has become known for its support of U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.[4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11] The newspaper is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD).[7] The group's news sites and YouTube channels are viewed by NBC News as spreading conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda.[

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DonLever said:

I saw the video earlier.  Funny they removed the source of the video that was on the video  - The Epoch TImes which is known for fake news:

 

Epoch Times is a multi-language newspaper[2] founded in 2000 by John Tang and a group of Chinese Americans associated with the Falun Gong spiritual movement.[3] Though the newspaper is known for general interest topics with a focus on news about China and its human rights issues, it has become known for its support of U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.[4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11] The newspaper is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD).[7] The group's news sites and YouTube channels are viewed by NBC News as spreading conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda.[

Thank God!  I had a feeling it was fake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 5:51 PM, CBH1926 said:

We eat lot of processed unhealthy crap in North America for sure.

But man, some of this weird nasty $&!# that Chinese eat.

I am not saying this outbreak started because of if but it’s not helping for sure.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7920573/Revolting-footage-shows-Chinese-woman-eating-bat-scientists-link-coronavirus-animal.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

China's says 444 new confirmed cases of coronavirus

Sat 25 Jan 2020 00:50:16 GMT

 

The number of deaths surge as well

The number of deaths surge as well
Wuhan city reports that another 15 people died on Friday, bringing the death toll to 41.
 
China also reported today that a relatively healthy young man was killed by the virus. That raises the risk that it might be more deadly that previously believed.
 
The sequence of confirmed cases:
  • Jan 17: 41
  • Jan 19: 62
  • Jan 20: 201
  • Jan 21: 291
  • Jan 22: 440
  • Jan 24: 830
  • Jan 25: 1287
UK virus researchers estimate 250,000 people in Wuhan will have coronavirus in 13 days.
 
There are a dozen or so confirmed cases outside the country, with many more under monitoring. There is one reported case of a man in Vietnam who had no travel history to Wuhan but was a family member of a confirmed case who visited the city. However that means that person-to-person transmission has occurred outside of China.
 
In addition, 19 provinces reported 1118 new suspected cases with 30 provinces now reporting at least one case.
 
Australia has now also raised its travel alert for the province of Hubei to its highest level and warns 'do not travel' to the area. The first confirmed case in Australia was announced and four cases are suspected.
 
One better sign is that Yuan Guoyong, Chair Professor of the Department of Microbiology of the University of Hong Kong studied a group of 6 people in a family in Shenzhen and estimates the incubation period is 3-6 days. That's much shorter than the 14-day worst-case scenario that the CDC floated.
 
What I find worrisome is that even in China there is a wide dispersion of cities reporting cases. Moreover, when you read about the cases of people who were admitted, it's evident that they could have been spreading the virus for weeks.
 
Liu Moumou, male, 58 years old, was transferred to Jinyintan Hospital of the city on January 18, 2020 due to "intermittent fever with cough for 15 days, chest tightness, and gasping for 1 day". He has a history of hypertension for many years. On admission, the patient had chest tightness, shortness of breath, accelerated heart rate, positive coronavirus nucleic acid test, and was diagnosed with viral pneumonia, respiratory failure, hypertension, and coronary heart disease. After admission, he was treated with high-flow oxygen inhalation, anti-infection, and anti-inflammatory. On January 19, myocardial ischemia complicated with coma and shock. On January 24, he died of multiple organ failure at 2:54.
In total, there have been 41 deaths and 38 who have been cured and discharged.
 
*************************
 
The rate of confirmed cases is staggering. It's grown 31 fold in 8 days.
Edited by nuckin_futz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DonLever said:

I saw the video earlier.  Funny they removed the source of the video that was on the video  - The Epoch TImes which is known for fake news:

 

Epoch Times is a multi-language newspaper[2] founded in 2000 by John Tang and a group of Chinese Americans associated with the Falun Gong spiritual movement.[3] Though the newspaper is known for general interest topics with a focus on news about China and its human rights issues, it has become known for its support of U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.[4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11] The newspaper is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD).[7] The group's news sites and YouTube channels are viewed by NBC News as spreading conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda.[

They are also currently being targeted by the Chinese Communist Party.  So in my books, probably more trustworthy than Global Times, lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

 

In total, there have been 41 deaths and 38 who have been cured and discharged.
 
*************************
 
The rate of confirmed cases is staggering. It's grown 31 fold in 8 days.

Ah I didn't know people were able to be cured yet.  Thats semi-optimistic... not so much with how the numbers keep growing every 8 hours I watch the news though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait until this makes it to India and Africa. They'll never be able to do what Chinese are doing as far as a response.  60 million people locked down.  Streets empty. China has capabilities of this type of response amd a population who listens and works as a collective. Other parts of the world ppl will riot.

 

10s of millions will be infected.

 

I read a months old report from John Hopkins University scientist who did simulation. ... said if this virus gets out 65 million will be killed. 

 

And now this virus is out.. here's link.

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/scientist-simulated-coronavirus-pandemic-deaths-2020-1

Edited by WHL rocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Wait until this makes it to India and Africa. They'll never be able to do what Chinese are doing as far as a response.  60 million people locked down.  Streets empty. China has capabilities of this type of response amd a population who listens and works as a collective. Other parts of the world ppl will riot.

 

10s of millions will be infected.

 

I read a months old report from John Hopkins University scientist who did simulation. ... said if this virus gets out 65 million will be killed. 

 

And now this virus is out.. here's link.

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/scientist-simulated-coronavirus-pandemic-deaths-2020-1

If this virus reaches India that would be devastating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Not necessarily.

It depends on where in India, but if it somehow found it's way to Mumbai I think it wild spread almost exponentially.  That's worst case scenario though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

It depends on where in India, but if it somehow found it's way to Mumbai I think it wild spread almost exponentially.  That's worst case scenario though.

Why Mumbai..it'll  spread no matter where. India is so densely populated..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Why Mumbai..it'll  spread no matter where. India is so densely populated..

It's one of the only places I know in India.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of midnight tonight all vehicles are banned on the roads. So pretty much no one can go out. These are some pictures of what normally is the busiest area of the city with millions of shoppers everyday. Has turned to this.WechatIMG20.thumb.jpeg.cd6acd56ca9e0b59fb3cda0323a0afd7.jpegWechatIMG21.thumb.jpeg.7b8902db3d48e7be21a8813a1400cffc.jpegWechatIMG22.thumb.jpeg.bd3dc4db59915831b746b0eb6e497f1b.jpeg

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those empty streets remind me of episodes from the Twilight Zone or an end of the world movie.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s amazing that the Chinese are able to shut down an entire city of 11 million people.

This could never happen in the Western Europe or Canada.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.