CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think the NBA asked their teams thru August.  This means a four week hiatus, and (if it’s longer) the regular season starts getting chopped.  

Just now, Alflives said:

I think the NBA asked their teams thru August.  This means a four week hiatus, and (if it’s longer) the regular season starts getting chopped.  

NBA should be played in the summertime regardless imo.  

Posted (edited)

Canadian PM Trudeau is quarantining himself. His wife is sick

Thu 12 Mar 2020 15:57:08 GMT

Statement from Trudeau

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he's self-isolating because his wife is sick.
Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Haha 1

So I can’t watch hockey but I can still go fly to China.....

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Gee, maybe he should have spent less time at that womans conference,  and more time in preparation for Canada's response. 

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

For God's sake, maybe this will make him take it seriously now. Close the damn borders until its contained.

4 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Let's be clear.  The Chinese took it seriously after first denying it and punishing the doctor who warned everyone really early.  If the Chinese took it seriously when they should have this would be a much smaller issue.  When they finally did act, they did a good job.  The US is lead by a narcissistic child who has no capacity to understand this.

I think that the Chinese, and all other countries, that permit (or turn a blind eye to) these 18th century style food supply chains, and resulting markets, that give rise to the likes of H1N1, Corona, SARS need to take the potential for massive global harm more seriously.  I hope they do a good job clamping down on the root causes of what instigated this in the first place(and trump is still an idiot)

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

I think that the Chinese, and all other countries, that permit (or turn a blind eye to) these 18th century style food supply chains, and resulting markets, that give rise to the likes of H1N1, Corona, SARS need to take the potential for massive global harm more seriously.  I hope they do a good job clamping down on the root causes of what instigated this in the first place(and trump is still an idiot)

They have completely outlawed the wet markets. But that's just going to drive them underground. I read it's a $74 billion dollar industry so it's not just going to go away.

14 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Travel ban on China? Cases in China are decreasing. Because they took it seriously.

The only country that isn't taking it seriously is the USA. Where the President thinks he's a doctor, the Vice President thinks he can pray it away and half the population watches FOX news and thinks other sources are fake.

Talk is cheap, Trump down playing the virus is no different than Canada not testing the general population to get ahead. They did the voluntary thing in Italy, that worked well eh? Trump was quick enough to come up with 8 BILLION to fight this and close all air traffic from Europe, never happened before. All cruise ships shut down.

In Canada all we say is, well wash your hands lots, no doubt good advice, and stay home if you are sick, they really don't want to know if what you are sick with, if it is Corona or not, that way the numbers stay low and reduce panic and conserve supplies.

Think on it, the shear number of people that traveled to and from China, no screening at the airport or a border crossings and no general testing program.

Nobody is immune, some or most people will be fine and staying home is okay but they don't know if someone can get it twice. They are going on like once you are better everything is fine. Italy is doing as many test daily now as BC has done all together.

I went to Washington state came back and 8 days later got sick and still am, NOBODY has tested me, just "stay home, don't see old people, wash your hands, wait until my symptoms get worse?" NO TEST DONE because I didn't know if I met a person off a cruise ship, from China, Iran, Italy or only slightly sick, that said while my dad hasn't got sick, masks, gloves, alcohol, stuff I did, 4 people I came in contact with are now sick 10 to 18 days after I saw them. No body in Canada wants to test me, "you are probably getting over it, it was probably just the ordinary flu" Because I am older and not dead they figure I am not exposed to corona because I didn't know for sure I came in contact with a limited number of sources. I have no positive test because they aren't testing, they don't have the resources.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

56 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

We've canceled our annual Hawaiian vacation, it's not worth the risk. We go "out" only if necessary. I will probably get flamed, BUT, I think Canada should shut the border along the 49th, immediately. In BC alone how many Americans are going to flock to the ski hills, (Whistler/Blackcomb) over spring break? Our Canadian Dollar is barely worth 70 cents,  so all the more reason to do so. Screw everything, the horses have left the barn.

The risk is bringing it back and spreading it

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

They have completely outlawed the wet markets. But that's just going to drive them underground. I read it's a $74 billion dollar industry so it's not just going to go away.

an authoritarian state that can put up football field sized hospitals in a couple weeks, isolate and quarantine tens of millions of people probably can influence this a little more than they have.   They have been turning a blind eye to this for a while I think.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Close the borders trudeau u pos 

His Dad did what is necessary now, the War Measures Act. Shut down everything for 20 days, no crowds, lock down. This is not a "I have got rights" issue, this is an enemy that needs to be eradicated, there is no peace talks, there is no being nice.

"Just Watch Me!"

3 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Talk is cheap, Trump down playing the virus is no different than Canada not testing the general population to get ahead. They did the voluntary thing in Italy, that worked well eh? Trump was quick enough to come up with 8 BILLION to fight this and close all air traffic from Europe, never happened before. All cruise ships shut down.

In Canada all we say is, well wash your hands lots, no doubt good advice, and stay home if you are sick, they really don't want to know if what you are sick with, if it is Corona or not, that way the numbers stay low and reduce panic and conserve supplies.

Think on it, the shear number of people that traveled to and from China, no screening at the airport or a border crossings and no general testing program.

Nobody is immune, some or most people will be fine and staying home is okay but they don't know if someone can get it twice. They are going on like once you are better everything is fine. Italy is doing as many test daily now as BC has done all together.

I went to Washington state came back and 8 days later got sick and still am, NOBODY has tested me, just "stay home, don't see old people, wash your hands, wait until my symptoms get worse?" NO TEST DONE because I didn't know if I met a person off a cruise ship, from China, Iran, Italy or only slightly sick, that said while my dad hasn't got sick, masks, gloves, alcohol, stuff I did, 4 people I came in contact with are now sick 10 to 18 days after I saw them. No body in Canada wants to test me, "you are probably getting over it, it was probably just the ordinary flu" Because I am older and not dead they figure I am not exposed to corona because I didn't know for sure I came in contact with a limited number of sources. I have no positive test because they aren't testing, they don't have the resources.

South Korea has high numbers because they test everyone