CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Coronavirus ICYMI: 108 million people in Jilin province, China, back in lockdown

Mon 18 May 2020 22:02:06 GMT

China's northeast region province of Jilin is back under lockdown conditions due to a fresh outbreak of a COVID-19 cluster

Jilin province cities
  • trains and buses cut
  • schools shut
  • quarantine restrictions again on people in certain districts
The cluster numbers 34 infections so far (that is a dated number).

Expect this sort of news to continue as 'second wave' infections take hold around the globe. 

China's northeast region province of Jilin is back under lockdown conditions due to a fresh outbreak of a COVID-19 cluster
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Damn, bad news from those last two posts.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

I just drove home from Abbotsford, happy to see that there wasn't a huge amount of traffic coming into the city.  Way lower than a normal long weekend which means that many many people who might have normally gone away for the first long weekend of camping season stayed home.  Yes, I know there aren't provincial parks open for camping, but usually there are lots of people camped along the river just off the Coquihalla.  We usually go to Kelowna for a golf tournament this weekend, it was cancelled.  

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/70-cases-covid-19-french-schools-days-after-re-opening-n1209591

Damn that didn’t take long, France is closing the affected schools immediately and it was only a couple days of being open. 

40,000 schools opened.   I bet lower income hoods where the infections occurred as well.

Edited by samurai
  • Hydration 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, EdgarM said:

In 2 months, and a little longer for other countries, much has been learned about this virus. The 5th Line is trying to tell you that. 

I think you are trying to argue an important topic with emotion, which usually clouds our judgement a little. 

We know who is really in danger with this, and that is those who are 60 years or older, FACT

We know who is likely to be hospitalized with this virus, 60 year old's or older, FACT

We also know how much earlier travelling and protective measures put in by Canada early on

contributed to how many got infected, FACT

We are not going to protect  100% of the population from this virus, FACT

We know geographically where most of the infections are, FACT

Now that it is somewhat under control, and many of us took the entire population into consideration and STAYED HOME for the past couple of months, its time to refine our approach based on FACTS we have learned so far.

So for those of the population older then 60, they are going to have to take EXTRA precautions still as, if they were to get it, they will most likely need be hospitalized. For those younger then that, cautiously try to get back to normal. I think extra precaution should still be taken in the lower mainland too as that is where there is still infections going on. The same for food processing plants and assisted living establishments. 

Dr. Henry and others basically follow what they have learned and adjusted accordingly, it could be worse, we could be living in the great ol' US of A. ::D

You’re stretching your FACTS a bit bud.

If you go back and read all 813 pages of this thread, you will find that I gather facts For my arguments.

I also don’t abide by the rules of the day completely just because scientists say it is so. I believe in them until they change their minds. They change their minds because of new discoveries. 

I believe we should be most restrictive with this one because for this one, facts are moving targets.

It wasn’t contagious. Then it was. Then it was contagious from pets too.

It spread only a few feet; then just six feet. Then studies started to show patterns in a mere conversation and what happens to big and small micro droplets. Micro droplets stay 20+ minutes suspended in the air of a room. Times how many people...

So ventilate the room because it’s not airborn.

But then the Diamond Princess was finally evacuated. No one could understand how, even with people staying in their room, they were getting infected.

17 days after the Diamond Princess was evacuated, they found Covid particles in the air duct of the ship.

Ok so it’s aerosol.

But an Italian study found that Covid is small enough that it can travel on pollution particles; Lombardi, Italy is one of the most polluted places in Europe; one of the hardest hit places in the continent.

Ok so it’s airborn.

Kids are safe though against this vile disease. 

But wait. Kids are now showing a serious blood inflammation disease and they’re getting hit in mere hours. 

The USA has 100+ Cases of kids getting sick. They are asymptomatic for weeks, not days. And when they get sick, they go from a runny nose to a ventilator in but a few hours.

Three days ago, the first kid in France died of Covid and more than 70+ are infected.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/world/france-reports-first-child-death-from-likely-covid-linked-illness-1.4941410

On May 12, two children in Canada were known to have it.

Two Children in Canada Have Coronavirus

Do most children with Covid have a precondition? Most yes.

But here’s the thing with humans; we ALL. have preconditions whether it is by genetic blueprint, or self-inflicted.

So before you say I’m looking at this with emotion and no facts make sure you read this thread fully.

If you find overly emotional content from me, and you will, it’s usually due to the accumulated frustration of having to deal with thinkheads like 5th. 

Defending 5th is akin to boofing Clorox, when all you had to do is take a tablet of Vitamin D.

Edited by Me_
  • Vintage 2

22 minutes ago, samurai said:

40,000 schools opened.   I bet lower income hoods where the infections occurred as well.

Yeah just didn’t expect a flair up so quickly but I guess that’s just the reality with this virus right now. Hopefully it stays localized to those schools.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I don’t identify as one of those age groups, am I immune?

I'm reasonably sure that it doesn't matter how you identify, as much as it matter if the virus identifies you.

But I'm no doctor, so …?

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I don’t identify as one of those age groups, am I immune?

Saw a big bumper sticker on a RAm truck last week "I identify as a Prius".

I think the guy just wants to use "small car" parking stalls.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Your last question is irrelevant and it's actually you putting them ahead of the others. 

We should be worried about spreading the disease to the elderly and to the vulnerable.  They should continue to stay in isolation as need be.  You can't ignore the big picture, millions of people out of work, struggling with mental illness, addiction, domestic abuse, the economy as a whole.  Are people older than the average life expectancy more important than these millions struggling with these issues I listed above?   

Lucky you are a mere poster in some forum.

Because you have the thinking patterns of a mass murderer.

Edited by Me_

4 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Well duh, putting kids back in school puts them all in danger of contamination.  You too are missing the bigger picture, we can't just lock down forever because kids(who don't die) get sick.  

You refuse to answer simple questions.  Say we lock down until September, then first week of school let's say a school in Vancouver shows a break-out of like 5 students getting Covid-19 which is pretty likely, what do we do then?  Shut everything down again?  Start all over?  

YES.

What are you not getting? What is it in you that prompts everyone else to b!tch slap you in public?

You're not getting it bud. You’re just not getting it.

• Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Yeah just didn’t expect a flair up so quickly but I guess that’s just the reality with this virus right now. Hopefully it stays localized to those schools.

France is a multigenerational household society. You can bet those kids went home, hugged their parents and gave their grand parents the kids of death.