CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

25 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

Please no. Between Willie D and Vitamin D I've really had my fill of D. 

One of few artists that has won an Oscar, Tony, Grammy and Emmy award - Rita Moreno:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Posted (edited)

I was honestly stunned whenever I clicked on this thread recently to read more vitamin D debate. I mean I get it's important, but it's just vitamin D. There's a global pandemic taking and altering lives and there's in depth discussion and fights about vitamin D.

It got to the point where whenever I heard Vitamin D I would think of Allen Iverson's famous rant about practice.

You can almost replace every "practice" with "Vitamin D" and that's exactly how ludicrous it was in here. ...

Reporter: So you and coach Brown got caught up on Saturday about practice?
Iverson: If I can't practice, I can't practice man. If I'm hurt, I'm hurt. I mean … simple as that. It ain't about that... I mean it's... It's not about that... At all. You know what I'm saying I mean... But it's...it's easy … to, to talk about... It's easy to sum it up when you're just talking about practice. We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? … And we talking about practice. I know I supposed to be there. I know I'm supposed to lead by example... I know that... And I'm not.. I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do... But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man. [laughter from the media crowd] We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We ain't talking about the game. [more laughter] We're talking about practice, man. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you see me play don't you? You've seen me give everything I've got, right? But we're talking about practice right now. We talking about pr... [Interrupted].
Reporter: But it's an issue that your coach continues to raise?
Iverson: Man look, I hear you... it's funny to me too, I mean it's strange... it's strange to me too, but we're talking about practice man, we're not even talking about the game... the actual game, when it matters... We're talking about practice

tenor.gif?itemid=11613859

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wiseupsucker said:

Why don't we make it now? Why don't we start fresh and say "hey, doesn't this make sense for Canada for us to extract, produce, refine and sell back someting that is legitimately ours back to ourselves?" Why can't we ask that? What can't we ask our government that? Our government lets it happen...it's our freaking government!!!

Because it's not OUR government, it's a federal government at the behest of various provinces.  Provinces backed and armed with the power to say no as per the "let them freeze in the dark" era.  

The irony of provinces saying no for the same reason Alberta did back in the 80s over the NEP and citing somewhat the same reasons should not be lost on anyone.  

We COULD do it now, we SHOULD have done it then, but then that cost would be borne by the taxpayer, it would be subject to every possible challenge and by the time it left the courts would be 7 to 10 times more expensive than when it first was proposed

We blew the window for building a national energy grid decades ago and it all rests on a province that refused at the time to sell to other Canadians at below market price

• Hydration 2

1 hour ago, StealthNuck said:

Please no. Between Willie D and Vitamin D I've really had my fill of D

:bigblush:

• Haha 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

Posted (edited)

BC Government. Tonight sets their town hall meeting for the exact  same time as the BCTF already had set up their provincial online meeting.

Is the BC government really scared to let BC teachers participate in their town hall meetings ? 

Seems like it was BC government spin as expected...

As this twitter person stated....

Disappointed with the back slapping and non-answers from

and the panel on the

TownHall. Very few questions being answered #bced

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

:bigblush:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Anyone one here watch the townhall.  I missed it. Love to hear your thoughts on it. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Because it's not OUR government, it's a federal government at the behest of various provinces.  Provinces backed and armed with the power to say no as per the "let them freeze in the dark" era.  

The irony of provinces saying no for the same reason Alberta did back in the 80s over the NEP and citing somewhat the same reasons should not be lost on anyone.  

We COULD do it now, we SHOULD have done it then, but then that cost would be borne by the taxpayer, it would be subject to every possible challenge and by the time it left the courts would be 7 to 10 times more expensive than when it first was proposed

We blew the window for building a national energy grid decades ago and it all rests on a province that refused at the time to sell to other Canadians at below market price

Meanwhile, Norway has one of the best economies in the world thanks to how well they managed their oil resources.  We could have been debt free with money in the bank for an emergency such as what we're experiencing now.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Not safe for me to  bring my own grocery bags to the grocery store........

But it is safe for me  to  send my small kids all day to school without masks / gloves or a sink in their portable to wash their hands........

#brokenBC 

#brokenNDPparty

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Hydration 1

39 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Can't bring my own grocery bags to the grocery store........

But i can send my small kids all day to school without masks / gloves or a sink in their portable to wash their hands........

#brokenBC 

#brokenNDPparty

south park beat a dead horse GIF

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

south park beat a dead horse GIF

tenor.gif?itemid=12558964

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12558964

crazy homer simpson GIF

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Hopefully 'BC can get our covid numbers back down to single digits soon. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hopefully 'BC can get our covid numbers back down to single digits soon. 

Heading in the right direction

https://www.tricitynews.com/active-covid-19-cases-in-b-c-fall-20-in-past-week-1.24138467

Active COVID-19 cases in B.C. fall 20% in past week

Only 317 people have the coronavirus in B.C. and have not yet recovered, down from 397 a week ago

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

:lol:

Had to. It was @StealthNuck Had to give him a reason to reconsider my unban, lol.

My alternate posts were going to be, “That’s what Stealth said”, “Stealth has had enough of Big Willy’s D”, and “Stealth knows a solid D wins games.”

If anyone has a better self deprecating sense of humour, I haven’t met them on these boards thus far. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

she said that a couple of weeks ago. She also said, which is true, that most of our outbreaks were not from foreign travellers, but from our own citizens coming back. Not sure what choice we had RS, should we have left 1 million citizens shut out from coming home? 

quarentine