CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

23 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Haha, that's great.

I played soft ball as well as baseball for years. My first softball team had no name but was sponsored by 'The Ladies Auxiliary'. It was written across our chests on a patch. A bunch of 8yr old boys. We got teased a lot. Good job we were a great team, became Island champs. Came 4th in BC if I recall correctly. Getting teased all the way. 

The baseball team when I was 12 years old was sponsored by Johnson Packers.  Which is fine, but our jerseys were brown.  I'll let you guess what we were called all year.

Also, don't let teammates, while high, name your university intramural ball hockey team.  Magical Sparkling Unicorns is not what you want to be called when you're sitting dead last in the league.

• Haha 4

I still think the all-time classic is the team from Butte, Montana that some genius decided to call the "Pirates"....

...I'm sure the players wore that jersey with pride....:picard:

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Completely off topic but I can't figure out where else to put the question - has anyone heard about/from Alflives?   I think one or two reached out to his account directly.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/31/2020 at 11:56 AM, canuck73_3 said:

Meh, some like me have found/turned to other hobbies. I've taken my time off to put work into my car now that I have had the time to do so. 

...and others learned a while ago no reason to panic. We are doing very well in BC. Panic is not worth the energy and facts don't support it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BPA said:

'We're not out of the woods yet,' Dr. Bonnie Henry says, as B.C. confirms 24 new cases of COVID-19

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5593818

Curious to know where the cases are. 

Good thing Bonnie opened playgrounds and schools today....      nothing like putting all your money on Red when you go to Vegas.....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Hydration 1

12 minutes ago, Me_ said:

So are you saying the government of BC thinks covid can be spread through protests... but schools kids  or kids playing together on playgrounds....  can't spread it.

Make up your mind BC government....  Which is it ?

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

So are you saying the government of BC thinks covid can be spread through protests... but schools kids  or kids playing together on playgrounds....  can't spread it.

Make up your mind BC government....  Which is it ?

They can't vote yet so they don't count.;)

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

They can't vote yet so they don't count.;)

@tracysherlock. 4h
Dr. Henry says she wears a non-medical mask when she goes to her neighbourhood grocery store. #covid19

But she tells teachers not to. #bced #bcpoli

• Hydration 1

A good read i recommend for anyone intereted in silent spreaders.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52840763

As the crisis has unfolded, scientists have discovered more evidence about a strange and worrying feature of the coronavirus. While many people who become infected develop a cough, fever and loss of taste and smell, others have no symptoms at all and never realise they're carrying Covid-19

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

...and others learned a while ago no reason to panic. We are doing very well in BC. Panic is not worth the energy and facts don't support it.

No one in here has been panicking....most are being cautious.  And the facts do support that.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I still think the all-time classic is the team from Butte, Montana that some genius decided to call the "Pirates"....

...I'm sure the players wore that jersey with pride....:picard:

They could have named that team the Butte Hole Surfers

• Hydration 2

2 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

They could have named that team the Butte Hole Surfers

True dat. Because, as we all know, Montana is famous for both it's Pirates and it's Surfers....B)

Actually, one of the best monikers I've ever seen was a Oldtimers hockey team that once I played against.....

.....they were sponsored by Esso and they called themselves the "B's".....

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Actually, one of the best monikers I've ever seen was a Oldtimers hockey team that once I played against.....

.....they were sponsored by Esso and they called themselves the "B's".....

I am starting a roller hockey team, The White Rock Smokers - cause we'll smoke the competition.

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I am starting a roller hockey team, The White Rock Smokers - cause we'll smoke the competition.

Bowling alley I used to work at (Splitsville) sponsored a beer league team called the "Shockers". Take a guess at the logo graphic...:picard:

Edited by Chickenspear
  • Haha 1

With all these protests, should we expect a spike in covid cases sooner than fall?

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2020 at 9:31 AM, Me_ said:

The drastically reduced traffic of this thread worries me greatly.

It may mean that many of the posters have now eased their thinking regarding Covid-19.

This reflects my own real-life experience. 

I had to go to the grocery store the other day so I moved my once-per-week grocery shop to wed instead of Fri morning and I was shocked. 

Since the last time I was at the store (I think May 22) a lot has changed.  My grocery store is on the other side of a huge complex of big-box stores so I drove through the main strip just to see what's what and it was packed.  I wouldn't have been able to find a parking spot even if I wanted to (I didn't).  No social distancing being visibly followed on the sidewalk and almost nobody wearing masks.  Both Costco and Home Depot which had pretty good distancing measures in place to enter their premises no longer practicing this whatsover (at least not outside like they were before).  I know that Costco, who previously shut down their food concession, has reopened because there were several people in the parking lot with the good old costco hot-dog/drink specials.  Even in my grocery store they took down the sign over the shopping carts indicating they were sanitized presumably meaning they are no longer doing this for customers so in approximately a week - there have been substantial changes towards 'business as usual' for better or worse.  

We all knew the measures wouldn't last forever, but I was hoping some of them would be in place until this 'second wave' was upon us for preventative measures if nothing else. 

Edited by Fanuck
  • Hydration 1