CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Master Mind said:

The players and staff would be regularly tested, and contained to their hub. It's not like the players would be out and about interacting with the public.

 

Actually I think this is false, once the 14 day quarantine ends they are free to be out and about with the public.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Actually I think this is false, once the 14 day quarantine ends they are free to be out and about with the public.  

I find that hard to believe.

 

Have a source stating that's the case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I find that hard to believe.

 

Have a source stating that's the case?

The TSN 1040 interpretation was similar to what Tre Mac said.  As far as the province is concerned, once the 14 days are up they would be treated like any other citizen of BC.  And that makes sense as, after a 14 day quarantine, you're not going to be bringing anything in from outside BC

 

The NHL may not want that though, as having players and family out of the bubble would increase the likelyhood of someone catching it.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I find that hard to believe.

 

Have a source stating that's the case?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-ready-to-welcome-nhl-after-b-c-premier-announces-revised-quarantine-plan-1.5606848

 

They will be free to be out in public after 14 day quarantine period.  I doubt any player will be careless about exposure to the virus.  He would be putting his entire team at risk and possibly suspending the team from SC games.

 

Personally, I really don't care if they play in Vancouver or not.  With no fans in the bleachers, there will be no difference wherever they play. The benefit to the city won't be all that much.  Arena, hotel, transportation, security, catering; can't think of much else.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The TSN 1040 interpretation was similar to what Tre Mac said.  As far as the province is concerned, once the 14 days are up they would be treated like any other citizen of BC.  And that makes sense as, after a 14 day quarantine, you're not going to be bringing anything in from outside BC

 

The NHL may not want that though, as having players and family out of the bubble would increase the likelyhood of someone catching it.

I thought the intention would have been to, not only prevent spread of the virus from other places to here, but also to prevent the spread of the infection among hockey players among potentially anyone from here? I guess my question is shouldn't we also be protecting the players here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Actually I think this is false, once the 14 day quarantine ends they are free to be out and about with the public.  

Sounds like the federal government will be announcing an amendment to the 14 day quarantine in the next few days.

 

Would put Vancouver near the top of the NHLs list I would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BC schools have less than 30% of students attending.  BC university's move to only online classes.

BC Hospital have massive back logs of surgery and procedures..

Record number of people dying right now on our streets with the drug crisis going on....

 

Solution

 

Horgan thinks hockey players are an essential services and lets put our resources into hockey during the summer....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

 

 

The NHL may not want that though, as having players and family out of the bubble would increase the likelyhood of someone catching it.

At the very least, I would imagine the teams themselves might invoke some measures so as their own assets don't put themselves at risk.  If I'm JB, I'm requiring (or 'encouraging' if the CBA does't allow for 'require') my players to limit contact with anyone outside of their own families and/or team personnel when the season resumes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

BC schools have less than 30% of students attending.  BC university's move to only online classes.

BC Hospital have massive back logs of surgery and procedures..

Record number of people dying right now on our streets with the drug crisis going on....

 

Solution

 

Horgan thinks hockey players are an essential services and lets put our resources into hockey during the summer....

What resources is he putting in?

 

He wrote a letter to the commissioner and talked to Trudeau about relaxing the 14 day quarantine. 
 

All those things you mentioned are unrelated to hockey coming back.

 

This is a fight you’re not gonna win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

BC schools have less than 30% of students attending.  BC university's move to only online classes.

BC Hospital have massive back logs of surgery and procedures..

Record number of people dying right now on our streets with the drug crisis going on....

 

Solution

 

Horgan thinks hockey players are an essential services and lets put our resources into hockey during the summer....

Can we relate this to Skittles while we're at it? I have a craving for them suddenly and I don't know why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

At the very least, I would imagine the teams themselves might invoke some measures so as their own assets don't put themselves at risk.  If I'm JB, I'm requiring (or 'encouraging' if the CBA does't allow for 'require') my players to limit contact with anyone outside of their own families and/or team personnel when the season resumes.

Totally, but that aspect of it is on the NHL to do, not necessarily the Province.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Can we relate this to Skittles while we're at it? I have a craving for them suddenly and I don't know why.

marshawn lynch skittles GIF

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BPA said:

marshawn lynch skittles GIF

That didn't satisfy my craving... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Lock said:

That didn't satisfy my craving... :(

Maybe you need a Snickers

 

Angry Chocolate GIF by SNICKERS

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The TSN 1040 interpretation was similar to what Tre Mac said.  As far as the province is concerned, once the 14 days are up they would be treated like any other citizen of BC.  And that makes sense as, after a 14 day quarantine, you're not going to be bringing anything in from outside BC

 

The NHL may not want that though, as having players and family out of the bubble would increase the likelyhood of someone catching it.

 

33 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-ready-to-welcome-nhl-after-b-c-premier-announces-revised-quarantine-plan-1.5606848

 

They will be free to be out in public after 14 day quarantine period.  I doubt any player will be careless about exposure to the virus.  He would be putting his entire team at risk and possibly suspending the team from SC games.

 

Personally, I really don't care if they play in Vancouver or not.  With no fans in the bleachers, there will be no difference wherever they play. The benefit to the city won't be all that much.  Arena, hotel, transportation, security, catering; can't think of much else.

Thanks.

 

Yes I imagine the NHL or the individual teams will be setting guidelines for what the players can and can't do.

 

Surely no team would want its players going out and risking infection.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

 

Yes I imagine the NHL or the individual teams will be setting guidelines for what the players can and can't do.

 

Surely no team would want its players going out and risking infection.

Yah, i don't see hockey players and families staying in the hotel 24/7 when not at the rink.  For 2 months... yah ain't going to happen.

 

Hockey in the summer is just wrong on so many levels.   MIllionaire players...  and Billionaire owners just trying to get a few more dollars in their pockets....


I would prefer to see Horgan focussing on getting our health care back to normal functionning...   increasing covid testing numbers ... restaring our economy across the province...    and  preparing our schools for next Sept so the kids can be OK .     

 

Spending time on restarting a summer hockey tournament during a Pandemic just makes no sense.   Of course a few vancouver hotels would benefit... but this won't help most of the province. 

 

Horgan - how about working on this issue...

 

In May, the province recorded 170 suspected illicit drug toxicity deaths — the highest monthly total ever recorded in B.C. It equates to about 5.5 deaths a day.

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

 

Thanks.

 

Yes I imagine the NHL or the individual teams will be setting guidelines for what the players can and can't do.

 

Surely no team would want its players going out and risking infection.

Well originally they just wanted to bubble the players and the NHLPA said 'nope, no family no dice'  So I wouldn't be surprised if players being out and about is another sticking point.  Also wouldn't doubt it if Gar-Bear and the rest of the NHL went to these Canadian cities and told their respected officials to make this happen.  Edmonton's plan was to have the players out in the public all along iirc.  Keep in mind the NHL plans to test everyone, everyday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, i don't see hockey players and families staying in the hotel 24/7 when not at the rink.  For 2 months... yah ain't going to happen.

Not even if they were treated with 6 stars and made it feel like they were on vacation for 2 months alongside the hockey? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, i don't see hockey players and families staying in the hotel 24/7 when not at the rink.  For 2 months... yah ain't going to happen.

 

Hockey in the summer is just wrong on so many levels.   MIllionaire players...  and Billionaire owners just trying to get a few more dollars in their pockets....


 

It's doable.

 

As mentioned, there are plenty of other people who are not millionaires, that are out of work because of the stoppage.

 

Just because it doesn't affect your job, doesn't mean others aren't affected.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Well originally they just wanted to bubble the players and the NHLPA said 'nope, no family no dice'  So I wouldn't be surprised if players being out and about is another sticking point.  Also wouldn't doubt it if Gar-Bear and the rest of the NHL went to these Canadian cities and told their respected officials to make this happen.  Edmonton's plan was to have the players out in the public all along iirc.  Keep in mind the NHL plans to test everyone, everyday.  

I suppose we'll have to wait and see if the NHL enforces extra caution.

 

If NHLers are allowed to go swim at the beaches and whatnot, I'd understand the concern. I don't think that will be an issue though.

 

Surely the NHL isn't going to put in all this work and not take every precaution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...