CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ah the EA cover curse continues. 

ECE6F7AC-5EB2-43BF-BF4E-D921F722D55F.jpeg

Edited by EP Phone Home

You guys feel there will be a second wave?  

I think we are opening up too soon.  As of Monday, 3 beeches will be fully opened here in Toronto.

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The second wave could be quite the challenge. 

giphy.gif.20d87c43ac861196bfc542462c03c4ed.gif

The US hasn't seen the peak of the first wave yet

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I think we are opening up too soon.  As of Monday, 3 beeches will be fully opened here in Toronto.

ES7K1gbXkAEUqw3.jpg

17 minutes ago, sassbs said:

It's debatable, but they are deciduous.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, sassbs said:

For some reason, when I first read that....something ELSE came to my mind.

(I gotta get my mind out of the gutter :ph34r:).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

GIF by A&E

7 hours ago, stawns said:

yes, lets let Canadians who've lost their jobs due to the oandemic also lose their cars, their homes etc.  I'd rather have a government that goes too far to protect it's citizens than one that says "**** you, you're on your own".  There are always going to be people who abuse the system........the juice is well worth the squeeze, imo.

Yes, we should've opened up just like the US, I mean it worked for them right?

I'm glad you led with the "purposeful attack" chestnut as it gave me a frame of reference for the rest of your post.

When people are making more money sitting at home and playing video games rather than contributing to society and being back at work then there is a problem. Obviously logic is not your thing. 

I dare you to go ask as many businesses like the smaller restaurants and speak with owners on this particular issue. They can tell you first hand that they are refusing to come back to work. I guess the business owners losing their cars and houses don’t matter to you right?

• Hydration 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

When people are making more money sitting at home and playing video games rather than contributing to society and being back at work then there is a problem. Obviously logic is not your thing. 

I dare you to go ask as many businesses like the smaller restaurants and speak with owners on this particular issue. They can tell you first hand that they are refusing to come back to work. I guess the business owners losing their cars and houses don’t matter to you right?

There will be a small percentage abusing the system, there always is and there always will be.  However, that is and will be a small percentage.  For the amount of people it saves, it's a small price to pay and I can easily live with it.

I fully expect Universal Basic Income to be the result of the this pandemic, a move in the right direction as far as I am concerned.

6 hours ago, gurn said:

Opening up too soon is resulting in hundreds of needless deaths in countries around the world. I prefer the B.C. way of doing things

People making more on CERB just shines a light on the fact that those people were underpaid by their current employer.

It’s real easy for you to say business owners need to pay people more when you’re not the one responsible for all the bills. Do you think it’s feasible to charge $20 for a burrito and everyone is happy? It doesn’t work that way. Your world would cause immediate bankruptcy. Then everyone loses.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

It’s real easy for you to say business owners need to pay people more when you’re not the one responsible for all the bills. Do you think it’s feasible to charge $20 for a burrito and everyone is happy? It doesn’t work that way. Your world would cause immediate bankruptcy. Then everyone loses.

Have you bothered to divide $2,000 by a full time  work month and see just how much 2gr equals by that math?

2,000/ 160 hrs = $12.50   12.50 which is less than minimum wage.

It's real easy for  you :rolleyes:

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

There will be a small percentage abusing the system, there always is and there always will be.  However, that is and will be a small percentage.  For the amount of people it saves, it's a small price to pay and I can easily live with it.

I fully expect Universal Basic Income to be the result of the this pandemic, a move in the right direction as far as I am concerned.

Measures for the most vulnerable should remain in place until that vaccine comes.

My point is that there are many in society that would have been able to come back a bit sooner to right some of the damage of this obliterated economy. There was and is no need for CERB to continue for some of those collecting to this day and to days that seem to never end. 

There already is a “universal basic income”. It’s called min wage. We still live in a society where the harder and more you do, the more you will be rewarded. 

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Have you bothered to divide $2,000 by a full time  work month and see just how much 2gr equals by that math?

2,000/ 160 hrs = $12.50   12.50 which is less than minimum wage.

It's real easy for  you :rolleyes:

First of all that 2K is not limited to just full time employees so your numbers don’t add up the same way. Many are indeed making more by staying at home.  I know of plenty of people looking for their staff to rejoin them at their business and they are refusing because they rather sit and get the CERB

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's debatable, but they are deciduous.

Of gorse they are....

• Haha 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Of gorse they are....

Y'wood think it'd be pretty poplar, eh?

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Y'wood think it'd be pretty poplar, eh?

Fir sure....

• Thanks 1