CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

54 minutes ago, spur1 said:

The US are going to need every single dose. Over 47,000 new cases again today. The hospitals are starting to overflow. The deaths will soon follow. 
The US it seems is incapable of being calm, kind and safe. 

Make that 50,000

49 minutes ago, skategal said:

And yet, protests continue over mandatory masks....sigh!

Yah, weird.  Even. Horgan and Dr. B don't support masks.....     Seems so strange to me.  Safety first. 

20 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, weird.  Even. Horgan and Dr. B don't support masks.....     Seems so strange to me.  Safety first. 

Situation in BC is a bit different than in Florida in terms of case counts.  We've also had a lot of voluntary participation although it's waning a bit which is concerning.  

9 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/30/us-buys-up-world-stock-of-key-covid-19-drug?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

In a time that the world needs to unite and fight this on a global level, we have this orange clown being his greedy self and hoarding.  Guess his bleach cocktail wasn't enough?

Here's the thing.

The US bought those, but will not distribute them for free.  They'll actually act as a cost free go between for private for pay hospitals who will charge per treatment.

The US taxpayer just subsidized their for profit health care system

1 hour ago, skategal said:

And yet, protests continue over mandatory masks....sigh!

"My body...my choice"

Ironically, I'd be willing to be a TON of money most of these people are anti-abortionists.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, skategal said:

Situation in BC is a bit different than in Florida in terms of case counts.  We've also had a lot of voluntary participation although it's waning a bit which is concerning.  

I agree with you but i do think it is imperative our leaders encourage the general population to wear masks when indoors .....   Very strange to see BC leaders sending mixed messages on this topic.

Safety first.  

30 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Here's the thing.

The US bought those, but will not distribute them for free.  They'll actually act as a cost free go between for private for pay hospitals who will charge per treatment.

The US taxpayer just subsidized their for profit health care system

US free-market capitalism at its finest.

42 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I agree with you but i do think it is imperative our leaders encourage the general population to wear masks when indoors .....   Very strange to see BC leaders sending mixed messages on this topic.

Safety first.  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/dr-henry-expects-british-columbians-to-be-wearing-masks-1.5633657

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Now that is very strange...  because  Dr henry specifically did not support school staff / students wearing masks.....

Wow, does Dr. Henry not think school staff  / students. and their families  worth protecting ?

Very strange seeing mixed messages from BC politicians.....

I guess Virtanen is just following Dr. B's  messages.....  

Edited by kingofsurrey

Posted (edited)

It seems like NZ has higher expectations for their leaders than the USA does....

New Zealand's health minister has resigned after criticism of the government's response to coronavirus and his own breaches of lockdown rules.

David Clark had already been demoted after breaking rules to take his family to the beach.

He said continuing in his role was distracting from the government's overall response to the pandemic.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern confirmed on Thursday that she had accepted his resignation.

New Zealand has been hailed as a success story when it comes to tackling the coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53259236

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"My body...my choice"

Ironically, I'd be willing to be a TON of money most of these people are anti-abortionists.

Was thinking the exact same thing 

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Now that is very strange...  because  Dr henry specifically did not support school staff / students wearing masks.....

Wow, does Dr. Henry not think school staff  / students. and their families  worth protecting ?

Very strange seeing mixed messages from BC politicians.....

I guess Virtanen is just following Dr. B's  messages.....  

She encourages the use of masks if there is little chance of social distancing, which was hardly the case in the schools.

Are you aware that not a single child that attended school caught the virus?  There was a teacher that tested positive, but he/she was infected outside the classroom bubble.  There's really no story here. 

Dr. Henry and her staff have a much better understanding of what the virus is doing in BC as they are studying the immense amount of stats they receive every day.  The team has had a 98% rate on tracing any positive tests and have been very successful at stopping any potential community breakouts.  These individuals are incredibly knowledgeable and experienced individuals who are committed to getting us through this pandemic.

• Upvote 1