CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Posted (edited)

Dl 

Edited by WHL rocks

8 hours ago, Petey40 said:

basically the conclusion I’ve come to is Canadians are also pretty stupid and uninformed. 

Take a pic and send it to Worksafe BC, if you're fearful of getting Corona at work, which is warranted, then don't work at least you'll have proof that protocols aren't being followed.  Read the post above yours, 38yo man will need a full lung transplant - and he's not going to get one. 

11 hours ago, sassbs said:

Yesterday a hair salon in the gta, following all protocols, had to shut down due to an outbreak of 18 people receiving the virus.   Including employees.    

this $&!#s not going away anytime soon.    

I still don't feel comfortable getting my haircut - trying to borrow some clippers.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

14 hours ago, Russ said:

How much is this that the world has finally gotten supply to test more than before? Obviously new virus you have to develop more tests and can't get things right away so I wonder how many tests they missed early on due to lack of tests available. 

The #s are probably massively higher if the densely populated poor countries are included.  I really doubt these nations have the wherewithal to test all their sick people and certainly cannot provide much in the way of healthcare.  In many areas, they have to go and fetch their water and boil it, so 'wash your hands' is far more difficult; 'social distancing' is impossible; 'wear a mask' unlikely and 'stay calm' doubtful.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Take a pic and send it to Worksafe BC, if you're fearful of getting Corona at work, which is warranted, then don't work at least you'll have proof that protocols aren't being followed.  Read the post above yours, 38yo man will need a full lung transplant - and he's not going to get one. 

I still don't feel comfortable getting my haircut - trying to borrow some clippers.  

WorkSafe BC -  LOL. 

The issue is the regulations are not strong enough......  BC government is not adequately  protecting BC workers....

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

There is actually a number to call if you see plates from the US here.  It's an issue and some are lying at the border, stating they're traveling to Alaska.  So that loophole is being looked at.

Yep, some are saying that they are going to Alaska but somehow ended up in Port Renfrew.  Awfully long way to go to get to Alaska.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov has passed due to covid. He is considered a free style wrestling master and an Honored coach in Russia. He was 57. 

His son is Khabib, current UFC undefeated lightweight champion. One of the best fighters to ever step foot in the cage. 

Lost some knowledge with this passing.

Khabib Nurmagomedov’s father dies aged 57 after coronavirus fight

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/sport-others/khabib-nurmagomedov-father-abdulmanap-dead-coronavirus-reports-ufc-6488743/

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

WorkSafe BC -  LOL. 

The issue is the regulations are not strong enough......  BC government is not adequately  protecting BC workers....

No, the issue is that (some) BC workers are not following the stated protocols.  Petey40 stated, "It’s mandatory we wear masks on the job but we have a crew of about 100 and half the people wear them below their nose."  

People need to take some responsibility in educating themselves and following the obvious guidelines.  You need to stop constantly using false information to attack the BC government (and health officials).  The majority of the citizens of this fine province are very happy with how the authorities have dealt with the pandemic.

Edited by higgyfan
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

The bigger issue is we have Covid health experts on set at all times and they don’t seem to care, they tried and then gave up after a couple days..

35 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

At least for Canada day it's probably for the best we're getting all this crappy weather, also quite symbolic of 2020 so far.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

The bigger issue is we have Covid health experts on set at all times and they don’t seem to care, they tried and then gave up after a couple days..

I hear you and I am dealing with the same problem.  I took some pics in case I do get it.  

• Hydration 1

49 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Meh, that's the Speak Easy on Granville. That is about as busy as it gets at the best of times. 

19 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Good article with perspective on the CERB structure creating a lack of incentive to return to work full-time or part-time

https://globalnews.ca/news/7092281/cerb-back-to-work-dilemma/ 

The extra $1000 you can make on top of CERB is the problem.

I took advantage of that for a month then got offered a full-time job that would pay me over $2000 a month.  I would've made more money by collecting CERB and picking up a shift or two here and there.  I just prefer making my own money, and building a resume.

• Upvote 2