The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 18, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Sharks more like dolphins this year 

10shots for 50mins is of the game shows that our defense can shut down other teams. Finished with 17shots I think. Also the Arizona game. If we stay healthy and make the playoffs we could really go into the conference finals. I still think Dallas and St Louis are better maybe Colorado but within our division I legitimately feel we can beat any team in a 7game series. I reckon we are the most skilled team out of all the teams besides maybe Edmonton or Vegas but we are much  deeper. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

For sure. But then Detroit chose Zadina over Hughes who played at Michigan, which was amazing. Thank you Arizona and Detroit! 

Plus, we have Horvat, Virtanen, Juolevi on the rise, Boeser, Podkolzin, Hoglander, and let's not forget, Gaudette.

The future definitely looks bright! B)

Maybe OJ he is a 50/50 atm. 

Lind and Bailey are closed 

• Wat 3

So happy to see the boys lock it down defensively tonight... those Florida games were a much needed wake up call!

Really entertaining game, great enthusiasm and skill on display! Shotgun Jake looks like a whole new player. 4th line set the tone, and a little rough stuff kicked off by a throwback Edler hit... Love that s***. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Sharks more like dolphins this year 

10shots for 50mins is of the game shows that our defense can shut down other teams. Finished with 17shots I think. Also the Arizona game. If we stay healthy and make the playoffs we could really go into the conference finals. I still think Dallas and St Louis are better maybe Colorado but within our division I legitimately feel we can beat any team in a 7game series. I reckon we are the most skilled team out of all the teams besides maybe Edmonton or Vegas but we are much  deeper. 

With as tight as things are in the west, if there was ever a year for a team to make a surprisingly deep run into the playoffs, it’s this one.

• Cheers 2

Just now, milk and honey said:

I think he's a little more than 50/50. Once he regains his strength, he's going to be a player you're going to love. Just be patient.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Doubt Bailey makes it pass a call up fourth liner.  He has been around a while, and had his shots, but hasn't stuck.  Just like Boucher, I do like him as a player though, just cant seem to translate to the big leagues.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

They looked very good together.  Roussel and Gaudette's aggressive forecheck and relentless hounding style relents to a lot of turnovers to which Boeser has the skill to dictate play on his own.  With Petey you started to see him lose that play driving ability, but now being forced to play with players that increase the work ethnic and tempo has elevated his own game. 

Still some adjusting, but overall he adds a very good element of skill and puck possession to that line, while the other two create space through their forecheck and speed.  Frankly, you are also seeing how Boeser's ability to slow the pace a bit down is influencing Gaudette and Roussel to take that extra second to make a better pass or play.

You see the same effects reverberate in the opposite way with Virtanen with Pettersson and Miller, where he gives them pace and a quick strike attack (which we saw on Miller's goal tonight).  Virt has emerged throughout the season to have better vision than what some people had thought, and playing with more offensive minded players is helping Jake process the game more efficiently too.  That first line looked really good in all three zones, using speed, puck possession, to create space really made a difference tonight.

Bo's line with Pearson and Loui seemed to really have found their chemistry and seem to have solidified themselves as a trio.  By far the best line tonight.  They look confident, comfortable with one another, and provide such a sound two way game that they easily feed off each other in all three zones for support.  The familiarity is there, and you are seeing more instinctual plays and reads off one another now.

Ditto.  Glad JB and Green found Bo a winger from within but I still enjoyed the proposals by the blog experts.  The games are going to get tougher and it is really good to see the flexibility we have in the lineups.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

EOn7ErWW4AE7ARH?format=jpg&name=large

Man, is this ever telling of the sad state of d-men we have drafted/developed over the past 50 years when Dave Dunn is 4th on this list. Dunn was barely an NHL capable d-man and only lasted a very short time for those of you that never saw him play.

It’s rookie season...