The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 18, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I like sutter and all but Jumbo would murder Brandon Sutter, Thornton family tree has gorilla's in it only a few generations ago :bigblush:

P.s.

Did anyone catch evander kane's elbow to Quinn Hughes in the 3rd?

It was a sneaky shot to the back of huggy

bears head.

It was on the near side boards in the sharks end.

If anyone can hookup a gif on screenshot please let me know, i need it for a friend.

Ya I saw that too. Part of me wanted someone to give Kane or say Karlsson (one of their “stars”) a shot, but part of me was proud the boys turned the other cheek, and the Sharks successfully made themselves look bad.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

This was screenshot before the game and the numbers have since increased but none the less, great time to be a Canucks fan!

28A0F754-B272-4E00-9039-8A5E04F29A11.jpeg

Miller a massive part of this core. Canucks are stacked. Hell even Eriksson is earning his pay check. 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

The fact that we’ve (NHL) hit gold recently with Dahlin Makar Hughes and Heskininen Chabot, I cant remember huge name rookie D coming in year in year out m.

This.  How many veteran defenseman we have right now will make the HHOF?  Chara and 

Keith for sure ... maybe Karlsson, Burns and Doughty and that's it.   Compared to the crop that did most of their playing in the 80's to mid 2000's .... it's not that good.   It's great to see such a great crop coming up again, plus there are many  others that look like they will replace the Webers and Suters of the world (players a step or two below)...Dahlin, Makar, Heiskanen, Hughes ... and also a lot of prospects coming up looks a lot history repeating itself finally ...

• Upvote 2

4C27C17A-D834-4CC8-BA8B-E3AEEA0729D3.thumb.png.e23fa9ff37037f0c33c4951634c42790.pngLove the net front presence we had all game. The Louie, Pearson and Hughes goal all had someone in front of Dell. That’s playoff hockey goal scoring. More of this as other teams defense close out those gaps as April gets closer.First time In years this late in the season you could say we are first in the division. These are very exciting times my Canuck Fam! 

Hughes makes every first pass a good one. Boy I love seeing how miserable the Sharts are. And this pic warms my heart. 

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

4C27C17A-D834-4CC8-BA8B-E3AEEA0729D3.thumb.png.e23fa9ff37037f0c33c4951634c42790.pngLove the net front presence we had all game. The Louie, Pearson and Hughes goal all had someone in front of Dell. That’s playoff hockey goal scoring. More of this as other teams defense close out those gaps as April gets closer.First time In years this late in the season you could say we are first in the division. These are very exciting times my Canuck Fam! 

Hughes makes every first pass a good one. Boy I love seeing how miserable the Sharts are. And this pic warms my heart. 

Who would’ve thought the Canucks are the highest standing Canadian team heading in the all-star break? This kind of things just doesn’t happen since the early 2010s.

• Like 4

Just now, Alflives said:

JB has built us a great young core, and supported that core with solid veterans.  Plus we have Hughes, who is a phenom, and Petey who is fast becoming one of the top 200 foot centres in the league.  IMO we should be doing even better.  

I am still tempering my expectations because our best players are still our youngest players. But if this is what they can do when they are rookies/sophomores, can’t wait to see what they can do when they become seasoned veterans. 

Both Hughes and Pettersson absolutely blew my expectations through the waters with their plays. I initially thought Pettersson is more likely a 80-90 points player when he hits his prime and now it looks like he is having a much higher ceiling than just that. 

Hughes on the other hand, I can’t believe how good he is already. I honestly thought Hughes at his peak would be doing what he is doing now and I just can’t wait to see what he can do in a few years.

As of this year, playoffs is what I am I hoping for. Once we make it there, I will re-evaluate. Don’t think we are contenders yet, but definitely a lot closer to it than 2-3 years ago prior to the 2017 draft.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Pretty difficult to find anything to bitch about tonight, other than the fact that the team was snakebit for the first two periods...well, except for Louis. Go figure. 

Top to bottom it was one of the best wins of the season. Sure, it came against a lousy team, but at no point did it ever look like we were going to give the Sharks a chance to breathe, and we didn't.

Quinn Hughes was absolutely phenomenal tonight. Every time he was on the ice he did something amazing. It is such a treat to watch this kid night in and night out. 

Tanner Pearson has lowkey gone from a placeholder to a core piece. A guy that's generally been criticized for his inconsistency, but he just isn't slowing down. On pace to absolutely demolish his career best. 

Awesome to see Virtanen taking the next step in his game. One less piece of ammunition at the troll's disposal if he's able to keep up this level of play full time. You can tell by watching him that he's thinking the game at a much higher level than he has in years past. 

Very impressed with the impact that Sutter has made to that fourth line. Schaller just wasn't getting it done, and Sutter just adds so much more. Better defensive play, better offensive player, and he's even playing with some bite. It's a shame he can't seem to stay healthy because having Sutter in the lineup makes the team better. 

Just a super solid win from top to bottom. 

• Cheers 3

Only saw highlights- I mistook virtanen for Peterson on the goal he set up

virt and Pearson looking like legit top 6 forwards 

we do need to improve our D or team ... by trade or system, I’m not sure 

we need to get a better system and see if our personnel can do it then if not, a trade should be pursued

50 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

To Drew Doughty:

Look at the standings and see where is a. “Team Like That” is at in comparison to a “team like yours.”

BB75096F-0139-40EA-8B6A-35135119F7AB.jpeg

I get the enthusiasm..  but let’s get serious..    a single point ,  or the difference of 1 game separates us from IN or Out.

All the smiles around here could be flipped around emotion-cons in 3 days.  Lol

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Is anyone able to embed After Hours from last night? I couldn't catch it because I'm in Sharks territory and was forced to listen to Randy Hahn! Couldn't find it on cbc's site or youtube.

Really like the Brock/Jake switch. Now Petey and Boes are the #1 trigger options on each line instead of trying to share oppurtunities. It also gives them 2 lunch pale linemates to help win battles and cycle down low. Before their line had 1 guy doing the spade work and they were both looking to weave through coverage. While Gaud's line is all spade with no true finisher. Now he and Rous can get down and dirty on the walls and find that sniper in the soft spot!

Such a nice little lineup tweek that looks like it could pay huge dividends if the chemistry on that RGB line takes!