The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 18, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

oh man I hope not Roussel. We need that intensity there. 

I don't disagree, to a point.  I like Rous and what he brings, but I don't think he's quite the agitating force we all thought he was going to be and, really, I think there's enough grit on the team, aside from him, that makes him somewhat expendable.  He would be a moderately signficant chip to play and would bring back something more than a late round pick, imo.  It would also free up a spot for Mac or Bailey.

I think Tanev or Stetch might also be in play, for the right price.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I don't disagree, to a point.  I like Rous and what he brings, but I don't think he's quite the agitating force we all thought he was going to be and, really, I think there's enough grit on the team, aside from him, that makes him somewhat expendable.  He would be a moderately signficant chip to play and would bring back something more than a late round pick, imo.  It would also free up a spot for Mac or Bailey.

I guess as in all things like this its whats the return. if its part of a package to upgrade the d group it might be worth it, but I like the veteran presence of Roussel on that line. If we went with an all kid 3rd line do you think it survives the harder games? 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess as in all things like this its whats the return. if its part of a package to upgrade the d group it might be worth it, but I like the veteran presence of Roussel on that line. If we went with an all kid 3rd line do you think it survives the harder games? 

Miller Petey Jake

Pearson Bo Boes

Leivo Gaud Motte

Loui Beags Sutter

Schaller

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

all about the return, for sure.  They're not dumping Rous, Tanev, stetcher etc, but I'd bet they certainly consider good offers on those three guys

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

With Ferland out, Roussell is just great to have. I think this team is really exciting - and there's no need to add other pieces.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

With Ferland out, Roussell is just great to have. I think this team is really exciting - and there's no need to add other pieces.

The guys we can afford to deal pretty much have limited value because of either NTC type clauses and or the fact we can't retain much due to our cap situation.  Sometimes the best move is to do nothing....especially not dealing any more picks.  This is the clear strength of the organization.  Let them find more gems via drafting.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Quality D cost the most as most teams other than maybe a team like the Canes are looking to add here.  Cost the Coilers Taylor Hall, a first line forward, to get a 2nd pairing D.

27 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Quality D cost the most as most teams other than maybe a team like the Canes are looking to add here.  Cost the Coilers Taylor Hall, a first line forward, to get a 2nd pairing D.

I don't think they need top line d.......I think would #4-5 is a good add to the team

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, stawns said:

They need to upgrade d, imo.

I agree but I hope Jim takes a run at Simmonds too cause he could be had for a decent price and I think he could make us play even bigger. 

Also with playoffs coming and reeves and Kassin and MT all around I would love an actual tough guy/fighter...

no disrepsect to ferland but his never been the toughest guy , his always benefited from having someone watch his back while he was a flame. 

Simmonds can also play anywhere in your line up and iirc either wing too

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think they need top line d.......I think would #4-5 is a good add to the team

I agree and imo Jim only needs to find a Luke schenn that can skate.

That would balance hughes perfectly and also give Hughes more space, which is never a bad thing ....if your a Canuck fan.......:bigblush:

that  would give us pretty balanced d core in my books Benn and stech wouldn't be the worst bottom pairing or tree and stech even sexier ha

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well Dillon is a Ufa who might be available for the right price.  Not a highly skilled guy, but he's pretty solid and pretty gritty too.  They need some aggression on the dcorp.

Never thought of him ha I was kinda hoping the oilers would be planning a golf trip instead of in the playoff race cause Larsson could be another guy to look at if the price isn't to high and I think his in his final year too. 

Canucks played an amazing puck possession game last night and controlled the game, wasn't even close.  Love how they protect possession and make it count. That's Canucks hockey right there, not to dump and chase, not to rely on turnovers.  So great to see.  I'm seeing top ten team in the league right now and the class of the Pacific. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

On 1/18/2020 at 9:50 PM, nucksnavsfan said:

The excitement of being in first place and we gotta wait a week for more hockey, ugh 

Funny, I feel the exact opposite. We are going to wait a week without hockey anyway, and sitting at the top of the division on a winning streak is the perfect way to wait out the week.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Silent Man said:

This is January 19, 2019 standing:

Calgary Flames* 50 32 13 5 69 187 143 .634 32 28-13-9 .650
San Jose Sharks* 50 28 15 7 63 178 155 .579 28 25-15-10 .600
Vegas Golden Knights* 50 29 17 4 62 154 134 .518 28 24-17-9 .570
Anaheim Ducks 49 21 19 9 51 119 145 .427 18 14-19-16 .449
Vancouver Canucks 49 22 21 6 50 142 154 .427 21 16-21-12 .449
Edmonton Oilers 48 23 22 3 49 138 153 .427 20 15-22-11 .427
Arizona Coyotes 47 21 22 4 46 124 136 .470 19 15-22-10 .426
Los Angeles Kings 49 19 26 4 42 110 147 .384 18 14-26-9

You can see 8 more points (+16%), and goal differential improvements of 25 points.

Your reaching deep.. I’m concerned more about the 1 point spread from in or out of contention.. it’s tight.. and theoretically, this team needs to be in the playoffs this year for at least 1 round to at least cover 1 year of Erikssons salary over the 4 he’s been paid for.