The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks #1 in Pacific division heading into all star break with games in hand.

Rate this topic

koregen

We got 14 games left if I did my math right before the deadline. To hold onto first what record would you all guess we need in those 14? I’m saying 10-4 - 9-5 will be right in there.... the reason I’m bringing this up is if we are in first at trade deadline does this make us serious buyers? also a desirable location to lift NTC for the big fish available? or does this management maybe just add some depth and stay on course and see what this young group has when playoffs arrive and fill in the gaps during summer months and prospects in our system? 

12 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

We got 14 games left if I did my math right before the deadline. To hold onto first what record would you all guess we need in those 14? I’m saying 10-4 - 9-5 will be right in there.... the reason I’m bringing this up is if we are in first at trade deadline does this make us serious buyers? also a desirable location to lift NTC for the big fish available? or does this management maybe just add some depth and stay on course and see what this young group has when playoffs arrive and fill in the gaps during summer months and prospects in our system? 

we just need to stay the course, we just don't have cap space to do any deals , unless we trade a stetcher  or baer etc  .definitely won't be  tanev  traded if we are in the playoff hunt

5 minutes ago, the grinder said:

we just need to stay the course, we just don't have cap space to do any deals , unless we trade a stetcher  or baer etc  .definitely won't be  tanev  traded if we are in the playoff hunt

I completely understand ive seen teams get creative in making cap space in the past Tho, I am personally hoping what your saying and stay the course but I could see pressure on benning from ownership

Considering how tight our division is, I would just be glad if we made the playoffs. 

It's so hard to predict how everything will end up. I have never seen so much parity in our division in non-lockout shortened season. Like this is insane. 

image.thumb.png.d4632e3acf6c068b8ec9c7c79d416889.png

10 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I completely understand ive seen teams get creative in making cap space in the past Tho, I am personally hoping what your saying and stay the course but I could see pressure on benning from ownership

I think ownership understands ,  that we wont be trading hog and podz or any young players for a rental  ,  we  maybe  make a few minor tweaks  or JB somehow brings trymkin over but it not going to be a big splash

5 minutes ago, the grinder said:

I think ownership understands ,  that we wont be trading hog and podz or any young players for a rental  ,  we  maybe  make a few minor tweaks  or JB somehow brings trymkin over but it not going to be a big splash

I sure hope so! I Am so uncomfortable with our ownership but maybe they have more faith in benning than they had with past gms, would be nice to see if we have some playoff performers in our young lineup before losing assets to acquire just that, a healthy fresh ferland would be a great addition with the hopes of tryamkin would resolve a physical push back im a little concerned about 

2 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I sure hope so! I Am so uncomfortable with our ownership but maybe they have more faith in benning than they had with past gms, would be nice to see if we have some playoff performers in our young lineup before losing assets to acquire just that, a healthy fresh ferland would be a great addition with the hopes of tryamkin would resolve a physical push back im a little concerned about 

if ownership wasn't on board they wouldn't of extended benning  , the goal was to make the playoffs this year . get experience  and keeping adding young players

• Cheers 1

We can thank Markstrom the most for being in first. That said I do like our position in comparison to the Edmonton McDavid's and Calgary Turtles, considering this team will still continue to rise (assuming our cap is managed efficiently going forward).

20 hours ago, koregen said:

The pacific division is real tight as usual and only 1 point separates the top 5 teams, however the Canucks find themselves on top with games in hand. The surprising part is that the bottom 2 teams of the Pacific division also hold the wild card spot.

The sharks have been out muscling and intimidating the Canucks for so many years it feels so good to beat them tonight and to see their vets loosing their cool(Thornton's late hit on Sutter).

The best part about this season is that this is a fun team to watch, they are scoring goals and counting on offense instead of playing trap and defense to win games. It's a good time to be a Canucks fan and being such a young team the future seasons look bright.

If Vegas wins tomorrow they will technically be #1