The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Green!

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He only had two top 10 picks. Hodgson and Horvat and he only got Horvat right. In fact, Horvat is the only player in all 5 drafts he got with us that he got really well. That's 5 drafts and one real player to show for it.

That is because he had a winning team, they won more games than Benning's teams have lost in a shorter period of time. Hodgson was in the running for the Calder playing 5 minutes less per game and you really are going to blame Gillis because he had a  congenital disease?

Edited by Lazurus

Just now, Lazurus said:

That is because he had a winning team, they won more games than Benning's teams have lost in a shorter period of time.

Plus, JB has Bracket directing our scouts, and running the drafts since 2017.  Gillis was stuck with Delorme to rely on. :lol:

I can just see it.  Gillis:  “so Ronny who do you like here, ROR seems to be good.”  Delorme:  “There’s a kid I really like more.  He’s got the same name as a character from my favourite cartoon, Peanuts.  I hear he plays the piano too.”  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Two rookie coaches in a row.

Who's doing the learning here?

We are in pace to have five more wins this year than last.

With the additions of Hughes, Miller and our upgrades on D. I think we technically have taken a step back.  

Where would we be without these players.   Probably last place 

We need a new coach. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

We are in pace to have five more wins this year than last.

With the additions of Hughes, Miller and our upgrades on D. I think we technically have taken a step back.  

Where would we be without these players.   Probably last place 

We need a new coach. 

And by his pressers I don't think he hates losing enough. re: Torts or Quinn or AV. Things are A ok. I don't think he has that frothy mouthed cannonator in him. To blow asses out of seats. Some guys need there asses handed to them as soon as they hit the locker room. 

"wtf are you doing out there" stuff.

Otherwise his style is great when were winning.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Green just said he’s rewarding Jake, who had a fabulous last game, by dropping Jake to the third line.  Green feels Loui deserves that top six wing spot more.  How about we get rid of Green before he does Willie D levels of damage to our top young players.  

• Wat 2

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

Plus, JB has Bracket directing our scouts, and running the drafts since 2017.  Gillis was stuck with Delorme to rely on. :lol:

I can just see it.  Gillis:  “so Ronny who do you like here, ROR seems to be good.”  Delorme:  “There’s a kid I really like more.  He’s got the same name as a character from my favourite cartoon, Peanuts.  I hear he plays the piano too.”  

Delmore did get behind EP didn't he?  They went off board five or so picks - from what I've read he was an early adopter of the idea and pushed for it.  Plus he beat the crap out of some CHI chump in the 82 final so there is that too ha ha. 

• Cheers 1

On 3/5/2020 at 1:55 PM, Lazurus said:

That is because he had a winning team, they won more games than Benning's teams have lost in a shorter period of time. Hodgson was in the running for the Calder playing 5 minutes less per game and you really are going to blame Gillis because he had a  congenital disease?

Not an excise for Gillis wadr Benning nabbed Gaudette in the 5th round. 

I am not on the fire Green train at all but I do think Gerard Gallant would be a tremendous fit with this group if a move is made. 

I really think the Canucks need a defense coach upgrade though. Same mistakes over and over. Either the message to change how they defend is not being communicated or the players aren't buying into it if it is. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am not on the fire Green train at all but I do think Gerard Gallant would be a tremendous fit with this group if a move is made. 

I really think the Canucks need a defense coach upgrade though. Same mistakes over and over. Either the message to change how they defend is not being communicated or the players aren't buying into it if it is. 

My only hesitation with Gallant is how he was fired twice now has me concerned about him long term. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

My only hesitation with Gallant is how he was fired twice now has me concerned about him long term. 

While I agree about concerns with Gallant it’s more that he’s known as a player’s coach.  All coaches, even the great Mike Babcock, get fired.  

8-9-2 since the All Star break for a team that was fighting for first in the division. This isn't all on Markstrom, Green has to get the boys more fired up because he's getting them outworked and outplayed nightly now. 1 win in the last 6 games is how you get fired.