The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Green!

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

4 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but yours is simply wrong.

If you had a great idea for a replacement, I might bother to keep listening to you, but suggesting Gallant just makes me certain that you have no idea what you are talking about.

So, I’m saying we have good players and a $&!#ty coach but your saying we have $&!#ty players but a good coach, who’s the true fan? Hint: not you.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

I think before you win any rounds in the playoffs, we gotta make the playoffs first. This was the clear goal that Benning, Green and ownership had at the start of the season. 

I'll be honest, as long as this team makes the playoffs, I will be a happy camper. Even though we are leading the division right now, we are only one point above 4 teams in our division (not that much breathing room). So making the playoffs for us is far from certain. 

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

50 years in making the playoff is not a goal, the cup is. Besides, I feel we have a solid team, that should make the playoffs and with a bit of luck could make a run, problem is I do not believe we have the right coach for that hence I’m risking my beer consumption to prove my point.

I get you want a cup(we all do) but we gotta make the playoffs first. 

One thing at a time. 

Once we make the playoffs and win a round then we can have these types of discussions. 

You're looking wayy too far ahead.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but yours is simply wrong.

If you had a great idea for a replacement, I might bother to keep listening to you, but suggesting Gallant just makes me certain that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Addressing your second part, again, not sure what’s wrong with Gallant but yea, I’m no hockey genius. However I have coached soccer extremely successfully for many years and my job is not only managing people but managing managers as well as training them and based on that experience I am confident in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

50 years in making the playoff is not a goal, the cup is. Besides, I feel we have a solid team, that should make the playoffs and with a bit of luck could make a run, problem is I do not believe we have the right coach for that hence I’m risking my beer consumption to prove my point.

We do have a solid team, but the best players on the team are still growing... They may make waves, but would be very surprised if it wasn't going take a few more years to be dominant... until then less enjoy the ride... Green seems to have done wonders for a fair few of the young players... Definitely glad we don't have the same tunes coming out from the locker room, that they did i Toronto under the stewardship of the 'supposedly' best thing coaching wise since slice bread.... 

I'd say, let the team grow, and if in another year or two we look stifled, then revisit the thoughts of a coaching change...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Unknown1995 said:

I get you want a cup(we all do) but we gotta make the playoffs first. 

One thing at a time. 

Once we make the playoffs and win a round then we can have these types of discussions. 

You're looking wayy too far ahead.

I disagree, no matter what a team needs to believe they can win, they need to learn how to win and that is the coaches job.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I disagree, no matter what a team needs to believe they can win, they need to learn how to win and that is the coaches job.

Yeah but you can't win a cup without making the playoffs first. 

You just can't. 

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

We do have a solid team, but the best players on the team are still growing... They may make waves, but would be very surprised if it wasn't going take a few more years to be dominant... until then less enjoy the ride... Green seems to have done wonders for a fair few of the young players... Definitely glad we don't have the same tunes coming out from the locker room, that they did i Toronto under the stewardship of the 'supposedly' best thing coaching wise since slice bread.... 

I'd say, let the team grow, and if in another year or two we look stifled, then revisit the thoughts of a coaching change...

Why wait a couple years, Greens not the man IMHO, but if I’m wrong I’d love nothing better than to pony up and donate.

37 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Half the teams make the playoffs, not really an accomplishment, playoffs are a whole new animal and IMHO Green is the wrong coach.

and we've been in the half that don't for the last 4 years. Making the playoffs would absolutely be an accomplishment. And Green brought the Comets to the AHL finals. It isn't like he doesn't have playoff experience.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Why wait a couple years, Greens not the man IMHO, but if I’m wrong I’d love nothing better than to pony up and donate.

Maybe yes, maybe no.... I think you need to give him credit for the way the youngsters are progressing... If, once they have been seasoned, they don't look like they are improving, then I agree, but until then, I disagree...

Start saving... :)

1 minute ago, Where's Wellwood said:

and we've been in the half that don't for the last 4 years. Making the playoffs would absolutely be an accomplishment. And Green brought the Comets to the AHL finals. It isn't like he doesn't have playoff experience.

Gallants been to the SCF.

Just now, spook007 said:

Maybe yes, maybe no.... I think you need to give him credit for the way the youngsters are progressing... If, once they have been seasoned, they don't look like they are improving, then I agree, but until then, I disagree...

Start saving... :)

Like I said, I hope I donate but every instinct I have tells me I won’t.

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Gallants been to the SCF.

Yeah and Tort's and Crawford had won cup's before they joined our team as head coaches. 

None of them helped our team win a cup after they joined our team. (They only won one series combined in their time here. )

Edited by Guest