The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson has been playing well

Rate this topic

Bad_BOI_pete

3 hours ago, Bertorama said:

It’s nice to see he’s playing well. 

His determination seems to have raised a level. With some returning injuries I expect there to be a dog fight out there for a group of Canucks to battle to stay in the line up Eriksson is a part of that group. Nice problem for Green to have while building the starting game roster each night and good leverage to keep this squad battle hardened and not soft. 

I actually believe all the players on the roster here and in Utica knows what it means to be part of the Canucks depth. The depth is what can bring a surprise in the play offs. 

Who plays or not before isn't that important beside getting enough points to get in the play off. 

Just now, Timråfan said:

I actually believe all the players on the roster here and in Utica knows what it means to be part of the Canucks depth. The depth is what can bring a surprise in the play offs. 

Who plays or not before isn't that important beside getting enough points to get in the play off. 

How is Dahlen doing this year... ?  Did we lose a good one.. ?

His defensive game is doing just fine as always just like you expect from little things Louie. 

But , suddenly there’s some confidence building in his offensive side of his game. That big one timer wind up shot he did in The Arizona game , wasn’t a goal, but never seen a shot like that from him. His work on that empty net set up to Pearson. And his goal in the San Jose game. 

I hope he doesn’t cool down during the break. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

I thought he demanded a trade.... Not common for a 21 yr old...

Wonder what really happened. ?

Something was wrong and Benning didn't want to fix it. 

If you got a problem you take care of it in a positive way. Not as it turned out. 

• Cheers 1

I still think we have better options than Eriksson in Leivo and Ferlund when they come back.

The Canucks should try to find a taker for Eriksson if possible (deadline or draft) even if that means retaining salary preferably 1/3(2 million) rather than 50%(3 million) but I still don’t think you will find a taker without a pretty good sweetener (maybe a prospect as we don’t have a 1).

the Canucks have raises coming to JV and Markstrom and then Hughes and Petey. In the next 2 years Shaller Baertschi and Sutter will come off the books(Probly want to re-sign Tanev) combining that with an increase in the cap might not be enough which makes unloading Eriksson huge to our future team building as there isn’t much room left. 

15 minutes ago, brian42 said:

I still think we have better options than Eriksson in Leivo and Ferlund when they come back.

The Canucks should try to find a taker for Eriksson if possible (deadline or draft) even if that means retaining salary preferably 1/3(2 million) rather than 50%(3 million) but I still don’t think you will find a taker without a pretty good sweetener (maybe a prospect as we don’t have a 1).

the Canucks have raises coming to JV and Markstrom and then Hughes and Petey. In the next 2 years Shaller Baertschi and Sutter will come off the books(Probly want to re-sign Tanev) combining that with an increase in the cap might not be enough which makes unloading Eriksson huge to our future team building as there isn’t much room left. 

Why do we want to give up assets when we don't have an issue right now?  

Hes been OK. That's all. Ok.

They arent "the most dominant shutdown line in the NHL", and thats not what we need out of the SECOND LINE, we need secondary scoring.

Loui's been OK, and will be riding the pressbox soon enough. Canuck fans just cant get enough of hyping up underdogs and underperformers. Like Granlund, Baertchi, Nilsson etc. It's almost as dumb as the constant horrible 'line nicknames' people love to spew out on here.

59 minutes ago, Davathor said:

They arent "the most dominant shutdown line in the NHL", and thats not what we need out of the SECOND LINE, we need secondary scoring.

Loui's been OK, and will be riding the pressbox soon enough. Canuck fans just cant get enough of hyping up underdogs and underperformers. Like Granlund, Baertchi, Nilsson etc. It's almost as dumb as the constant horrible 'line nicknames' people love to spew out on here.

Aww, you don't like the BLT line??

Bo

Loui

Tanner

You should, because they're hep!!

Horvat

Eriksson

Pearson

< insert sarcastic emoji here> 

1 hour ago, Davathor said:

Since Loui has been on that line it's been putting up more points 5v5 than before, while having less goals against defending the top line of the other team.

As well Eriksson is currently putting up similar numbers as Leivo

Plain and simple

Pearson Horvat Eriksson>Pearson Horvat Leivo

Edited by Wanless
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Maybe Timrafan can corroborate  - a friend tells me he got the nickname shortly after Goldy arrived.  He asked Loui a question to which he replied "I don't know, I am Swedish", but Goldy heard "I am Sweetness."   And it stuck

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Puckster said:

like Bukie said, don't blame the player for a crappy contract,, that's a management issue.

I will route for all nucks to do better.

I don't for one second blame Eriksson for his contract.

Eriksson's blame comes from the fact that he is no longer willing to do the things that earned him that contract.

Eriksson, never was flashy, or had a great shot.

He once was the type of player that grind it out in front of the net and got the garage goals. He use to go into the corners and recover the puck, which lead to scoring opportunities.

Benning gets blamed for not realizing that a GM shouldn't sign a type of player like that to a long term contract  when he is no longer in his prime, and I would hope that he doesn't give out another contract like that to an over the hill player again.

The truth is after Horvats current contract this is something that the GM of the time is going to have to really consider. 

I personally wouldn't give Horvat big money past 33 years of age neither.

Or Toews or Bergeron, these types of players are very hard working players to be where they are and their bodies break down faster because of it.

Problem with these guys are they become fan favorites and leaders on their teams. But they don't have the pure talent to sustain careers in to their mid 30s. This is why Eriksson and Lucic suck now and James Neil can rely on his shot and speed. 

Edited by Arrow 1983

Loui has never been a bad player. He’s just not that 6 million dollar player that he was signed to become. His skill set is a solid smart line 2/3 player who makes good plays, not spectacular but good, reasonable plays. He is also good at protecting the puck. 

Instead of beating the dead horse let’s focus on how much we should pay Brock next for his next extension.  I really hate the contract he signed with the Canucks because I can’t see us paying Boeser anything more than his current salary. 

• Wat 1

At this point if they want the most out of Eriksson they need to time Manage him.

Sitting him long stretches is not the answer and playing him long stretches is not the answer neither.

I would make the argument the best way to get the most out of Eriksson is to actually play him 5ish games and then sit him for a couple.

This would mean he plays no more then 55-60 games a season. It is essential  what the NBA coaches has started to do for some of their aging Players

Edited by Arrow 1983

2 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Loui has never been a bad player. He’s just not that 6 million dollar player that he was signed to become. His skill set is a solid smart line 2/3 player who makes good plays, not spectacular but good, reasonable plays. He is also good at protecting the puck. 

Instead of beating the dead horse let’s focus on how much we should pay Brock next for his next extension.  I really hate the contract he signed with the Canucks because I can’t see us paying Boeser anything more than his current salary. 

Boeser will earn easily between 7-8 mill per,

Why do I figure this he will become a 40 goal scorer but he doesn't have the flashy play making ability to earn him self the Petey contract which will start at 10mill and could easily be more. This is assuming no home town discount.