Sign in to follow this  
deus.ex.makina

[Discussion] Getting Domi

Recommended Posts

I really think its the missing piece to the team for a serious run.
The chemistry with Horvat would be fantastic.

Miller Pettersson Virtanen

Domi Horvat Boeser

Roussel Gaudette Pearson

Motte Beagle Sutter

 

What MTL need ? They were interested by Baertschi, so he would be part of the deal, but clearly not the starting point. 

Leivo (36 7-12 for 19), Baertschi and Fantenberg for Domi ? they dont have started the negociation talks and he s a pending RFA so ... 
By trading Fantenberg we make place for Tryamkin. 

 

Thoughts ? 

upgrade of Leivo?

upgrade of Fantenberg ? 

if MTL keeps the trend they will miss the playoffs, so instead they would want some A- / B+  prospect ? Rafferty could make them bite but its a overpayment if Domi walk away at the end of the season. 


EDIT : gentlemen gentlemen... take a breath. I proposed a very low trade idea on purpose. We re not talking about the value of Horvat or Boeser with friendly contracts. We re talking about a RFA with some inconsistencies, and I’m taking into consideration that MTL could be afraid letting him go for nothing if negotiation talks failed.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by deus.ex.makina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

I really think its the missing piece to the team for a serious run.
The chemistry with Horvat would be fantastic.

Miller Pettersson Virtanen

Domi Horvat Boeser

Roussel Gaudette Pearson

Motte Beagle Sutter

 

What MTL need ? They were interested by Baertschi, so he would be part of the deal, but clearly not the starting point. 

Leivo (36 7-12 for 19), Baertschi and Fantenberg for Domi ? they dont have started the negociation talks and he s a pending RFA so ... 
By trading Fantenberg
we make place for Tryamkin. 

 

Thoughts ? 

upgrade of Leivo?

upgrade of Fantenberg ? 

if MTL keeps the trend they will miss the playoffs, so instead they would want some A- / B+  prospect ? Rafferty could make them bite but its a overpayment if Domi walk away at the end of the season. 

 

 

You're offering spare parts, all of whom won't even make the Canucks next year, for one of Montreal's core players.

 

Any play for Domi would have to include the equivalent of a quality first round pick as a starting point. Montreal would probably be looking for someone like Podkolzin, although I don't think they would be willing to wait for him. They need solutions to their issues, NOW.

  • Like 1
  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will literally never happen.  The ONLY way you're getting Domi from MTL is if you're coughing up a huge package of pick/prospects.  Barring that you're looking at a pick, prospect and possibly Price's contract.

 

I am not saying Domi is worth anything like that, but MTL is not in a position where they can let him go without demanding a premium or sloughing off Price or Webers contract in the process

  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It will literally never happen.  The ONLY way you're getting Domi from MTL is if you're coughing up a huge package of pick/prospects.  Barring that you're looking at a pick, prospect and possibly Price's contract.

 

I am not saying Domi is worth anything like that, but MTL is not in a position where they can let him go without demanding a premium or sloughing off Price or Webers contract in the process

Don't think I want to do this but would:

 

Virtanen - Erikson - Levo - Stetcher - rights to Tryamkin + 2nd round

get you Domi (resigned) and Weber?

 

Just establishing value -- not advocating for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It will literally never happen.  The ONLY way you're getting Domi from MTL is if you're coughing up a huge package of pick/prospects.  Barring that you're looking at a pick, prospect and possibly Price's contract.

 

I am not saying Domi is worth anything like that, but MTL is not in a position where they can let him go without demanding a premium or sloughing off Price or Webers contract in the process

Bergevin is not interested in moving Price or Weber.  He told LeBrun that he is not even willing to listen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dm_ranger said:

Don't think I want to do this but would:

 

Virtanen - Erikson - Levo - Stetcher - rights to Tryamkin + 2nd round

get you Domi (resigned) and Weber?

 

Just establishing value -- not advocating for this.

Trash offer for Montreal 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

i would think it would cost lind and a first round pick to get domi. 

If Montreal wanted to trade him. Maybe.  But they have no reason to move him. So that offer wouldn’t move the needle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically speaking, if we really wanted Domi it would either be for a package like Pearson + Podkolzin  + 2nd or Boeser straight across. 

 

I honestly don't understand why folks are so adamant about wanting another top 6 forward. We have Boeser on our 3rd line ffs xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

another cdc proposal

 

nucks gets the one quality asset in the trade

 

other team gets a number our castoffs (a basketful, who cares if it impacts their 50 contract limit - montreal is already at 49 contracts so not sure how they can trade 1 player for 3)

 

if you are going to clutter the boards with a trade proposal.. please do the most basic of research so that the trade can actually work technically - this trade is not possible

 

 

otherwise, this is fine flawed trade proposal

you followed one of the cdc trade models

we get 1 real asset, they get a bunch of lesser ones

perfect

 

:wub:

Edited by coastal.view
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask yourself. What would it take to get Vancouver to trade Horvat? Then apply that formula to Domi 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Ask yourself. What would it take to get Vancouver to trade Horvat? Then apply that formula to Domi 

so you are saying domi

 

for horvat

 

but how does vancouver really benefit

 

:bigblush:

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

If Montreal wanted to trade him. Maybe.  But they have no reason to move him. So that offer wouldn’t move the needle.  

montreal media say they are frustrated with domi’s inconsistancy and selfish play. the team may not feel that way.  he is a fa next season i believe and they might not to want to pay him what he might want.  montreal media said they would want a first and someone that can play for them now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

montreal media say they are frustrated with domi’s inconsistancy and selfish play. the team may not feel that way.  he is a fa next season i believe and they might not to want to pay him what he might want.  montreal media said they would want a first and someone that can play for them now.

Montreal media are, by in large, a pack of ravenous dogs. I follow most of the actual good ones and none of them have even whispered a suggestion that Domi should be moved.  He’s RFA next year. Still under team control, and the team has plenty of cap space.  
 

You hear Tatar and Perry’s names. But I’ve yet to see anyone notable suggest moving Domi

(I don’t follow any of the francophone guys. So it could be them. But shocker. Them targeting an Anglo player)

Edited by qwijibo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal media are, by in large, a pack of ravenous dogs. I follow most of the actual good ones and none of them have even whispered a suggestion that Domi should be moved.  He’s RFA next year. Still under team control, and the team has plenty of cap space.  
 

You hear Tatar and Perry’s names. But I’ve yet to see anyone notable suggest moving Domi

(I don’t follow any of the francophone guys. So it could be them. But shocker. Them targeting an Anglo player)

i got that from the montreal blogger on hockey buzz. i don’t really know the real truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

i got that from the montreal blogger on hockey buzz. i don’t really know the real truth.

Hockey buzz. Lol. There’s your problem. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.