The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Mikael Granlund Available

aGENT

9 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

He's a UFA, they'll retain to make a trade work. If he can play RW, which his less talented brother could, he'd be well worth looking into on the cheap.

With that said Benning seems to be looking for more "long term" options in regards to a top 6 winger. Can't see us re-signing Granlund with our cap situation. Could see Arizona take another swing at a trade. They are still having trouble scoring even after acquiring Hall.

M. Granny is actually still a good 200 foot player.  Something T. Hall will never be.  

14 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Not sure what that has to do with scoring, but cool. Granlund would help them score was the point. But thanks for the Hall sucks comment.

You mentioned Hall.  There is a lot more to winning than being a goal suck, which M. Granny is not.  Hall is a super wealthy guy, but will always lead his teams to loserville.  That’s how he plays.  

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I think I disagree the most with the bolded.

Boeser has been struggling, we all know why and understand.

JV didn't outplay Boeser.

Boeser was bumped down due to his struggles/ dads health.

Boeser has absolutely been outplayed by JV. JV is a much better skater, and it shows. While JV has been contributing to the scoresheet, while being defensively sound, Boeser has been making risky passes (ala Goldobin) and being unable to take away sticks that end up scoring the net. I think Boeser needs to work on his skating again.

I agree that jv skating is an asset not many possess, didn't JV catch Mcdavid on a breakaway a year back? :wub:

Brock's struggling on and off the ice, there's always more going on than us fans a privy to.

BB will come out of it and hopefully JV can continue his trajectory.

A healthy forward group

Miller Petey Virtanen 

Pearson Horvat Boeser 

Ferkie Gaudette Leivo

Roussel Beagle Sutter 

:wub:

That's some solid forward depth with Motte,,Eriksson,Schaller around somewhere 

And the mercenaries in the AHL.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Not sure what that has to do with scoring, but cool. Granlund would help them score was the point. But thanks for the Hall sucks comment.

I never thought I'd see myself advocating for Loui Eriksson, but given that we aren't the most defensively sound team, perhaps we'd be better served keeping Loui in the lineup? If that line can handle defensive duties and keep chipping in at this rate, I don't think there's any need to change it. Especially if it means giving up futures. If I were Benning, I'd hold tight at the deadline. I would probably try to trade Tryamkin's rights for a cheap rental, maybe Will Lockwood if someone valued him. That's about it though, unless they're convinced that either Tryamkin, Rathbone or Rafferty are already better than Stetcher.

Edited by VIC_CITY
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I agree that jv skating is an asset not many possess, didn't JV catch Mcdavid on a breakaway a year back? :wub:

Brock's struggling on and off the ice, there's always more going on than us fans a privy to.

A healthy forward group

Miller Petey Virtanen 

Pearson Horvat Boeser 

Ferkie Gaudette Leivo

Roussel Beagle Sutter 

If Virtanen can keep this up, Gaudette takes another step forward and we can stay somewhat healthy as a team, hollllly that lineup is DEEP. Not to mention what we have in the pipeline. It's a good time to be a Canucks fan.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

A healthy forward group

Miller Petey Virtanen 

Pearson Horvat Boeser 

Ferkie Gaudette Leivo

Roussel Beagle Sutter 

At this point, it would be crazy to take Eriksson off of Bo-Pearson line. Bo has been a different player since Eriksson was put on his wing. Before, Bo's line was matched up against the opposition's top lines and was almost always dominated. Now, they are dominating the opposition almost always. Eriksson has freed up Bo from taking on all of the defensive responsibilities, which allows Bo to focus on offence.

I still can't believe I'm advocating for Eriksson on the 2nd line.

I also like Boeser on the 3rd line with Gaud. He is trying to be the play driver on that line, which is something that he shied away from since playing with EP. Only thing is that Gaud, Roussel, and Virtanen had great chemistry. 

When Leivo returns, I'm not sure if he is going to replace anybody as long as Eriksson is playing as well as he is right now. When Ferland returns, assuming that he can play with the same level of tenacity that got him the 4 year deal, then he may replace Motte.

Miller-EP-Virtanen

Pearson-Bo-Eriksson

Roussel-Gaud-Boeser

Ferland-Beagle-Sutter

Motte

Leivo

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I never thought I'd see myself advocating for Loui Eriksson, but given that we aren't the most defensively sound team, perhaps we'd be better served keeping Loui in the lineup? If that line can handle defensive duties and keep chipping in at this rate, I don't think there's any need to change it. Especially if it means giving up futures. If I were Benning, I'd hold tight at the deadline. I would probably try to trade Tryamkin's rights for a cheap rental, maybe Will Lockwood if someone valued him. That's about it though, unless they're convinced that either Tryamkin, Rathbone or Rafferty are already better than Stetcher.

I agree completely.

Eriksson has stabilized Bo's line. Bo is much more consistent in the way he attacks now and how that line as a whole translates from defence to offence has improved dramatically.

I would make no move if I were JB. Initially, I think trading Tanev was in the cards to get a 1st rounder back since 2020 seems like a deep draft year. But with the team chasing playoffs, that would send a wrong message to the team and the fans. Even depth moves don't seem necessary unless they know for sure that Ferland and Leivo are out for the season. We have 7D and plenty of call up options in the AHL.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Dazzle said:

That is a made up narrative.  Who / where did Travis Green ever say that?

Yeah...I thought you would not be able to show proof.

Green said he wanted scoring on all the lines so he moved Boeser.  Made up narratives are not needed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Green said he wanted scoring on all the lines so he moved Boeser.  Made up narratives are not needed.

I wasn't the one who made up the narrative. The other poster did. That's why I refuted it in my post.

9 hours ago, khay said:

At this point, it would be crazy to take Eriksson off of Bo-Pearson line. Bo has been a different player since Eriksson was put on his wing. Before, Bo's line was matched up against the opposition's top lines and was almost always dominated. Now, they are dominating the opposition almost always. Eriksson has freed up Bo from taking on all of the defensive responsibilities, which allows Bo to focus on offence.

I still can't believe I'm advocating for Eriksson on the 2nd line.

I also like Boeser on the 3rd line with Gaud. He is trying to be the play driver on that line, which is something that he shied away from since playing with EP. Only thing is that Gaud, Roussel, and Virtanen had great chemistry. 

When Leivo returns, I'm not sure if he is going to replace anybody as long as Eriksson is playing as well as he is right now. When Ferland returns, assuming that he can play with the same level of tenacity that got him the 4 year deal, then he may replace Motte.

Miller-EP-Virtanen

Pearson-Bo-Eriksson

Roussel-Gaud-Boeser

Ferland-Beagle-Sutter

Motte

Leivo

As shocking as it is to type this...I have to agree on Eriksson. Until/if that stops working, he's not likely going anywhere IMO.

As for Motte, only way he's out is if he's banged up/needs rest (which would hardly be a surprise given the way he plays). Beagle's a hell of a 4C and is needed to win all those draws but Motte's the guy that stirs the drink on that line. It's never the same any time he's out.

Which makes me wonder if we might be able to deal Sutter (likely with retention and/or perhaps in exchange for a solid, veteran 3rd pair D to replace Stecher who is very likely also on the move).

Edited by aGENT

5 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

the claim was made by 1994 - I think you're quoting the wrong post (a requote)

3 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Toffoli 

for

Gadjovich

Conditional 2021 VAN 2nd Round Pick(If Toffoli re-signs the pick is a 2nd. If he doesn't it's a 3rd) 

Toffoli will get more than a B prospect and a 3rd. I highly doubt the kings go anywhere near an offer like that.

I mean...I would do it for sure....but I like when JB robs other teams.  :lol:

Who knows...I could be wrong.  

Edit: I just looked back at some trade deadline deals. I guess it would be possible for your suggested deal.  Really depends on the market....and we would need to include cap back....baer and schaller.

I'd pass on Toffoli as well if it cost a Gadjovich and 2nd type deal.

Toffoli would be this team's 8th leading scorer.

He has 27 pts in 49 games - 55% ozone starts, playing primarily with Kopitar and/or Carter....

Better results than last season, and fairly in line with what you'd 'expect' from Toffolli.

But does he represent a worthwhile/significant enough upgrade - remembering that Benning has stated that he expects Ferland to return in a few weeks - noting that Ferland's current absence from the  lineup is not concussion-related.   That was a bit of surprise, but imo also changes the Canucks' disposition to the market - and if they were to enter the trade market for a scoring winger, might change the type of deal they'd look for.  I doubt that would be a lateral or slight upgrade - and a rental - at a cost that probably wouldn't warrant it under the circumstances - unless the principal were an existing contract (which I'm skeptical would interest the Kings when they might manage to find better trade partners/options).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 9:07 PM, Dazzle said:

I think I disagree the most with the bolded.

Boeser has been struggling, we all know why and understand.

JV didn't outplay Boeser.

Boeser has absolutely been outplayed by JV. JV is a much better skater, and it shows. While JV has been contributing to the scoresheet, while being defensively sound, Boeser has been making risky passes (ala Goldobin) and being unable to take away sticks that end up scoring the net. I think Boeser needs to work on his skating again.

You just compared Boeser to Goldobin. Gtfo... Boeser has been nothing short of great for the Canucks. You have no idea what you're talking about

This forums stupid tendency to always find a whipping boy, usually the wrong one, annoys me to no end.

I watched as people on this forum took part in running Luongo out of town, and it was atrocious. Brock is a star, and you have no idea of what it takes to play hockey

Im mad bro

Edited by 5Fivehole0
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Shea Weber for Rafferty, Juolevi,  Stetcher and Madden

shea Weber and 3rd, 5th for rafferty and boeser

i think that makes us a cup contender 

Bergevin is on  record as saying he won’t even listen to offers on Weber